j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Editio

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 31, 17 4:42 AM
I run Game Manager as administrator, is that the same as running the game?
I've looked at the article about running the game as administrator, but I couldn't do anything with the link for Windows 8.1.

I'm hoping a fix can be found, I want to complete the game, but I can't move past the mini game for the airship

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Editio

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 31, 17 9:38 AM
Hi, J62Janet. If you want to try running the game as administrator for Windows 8.1:

1) From the desktop or start menu, right-click on the game shortcut and select Open file location
2) Look for the game's exe file: VermillionWatch_Fleshbound_CE.exe
xxxx a) If you see that file, go to step 3.
xxxx b) If you don't see it, click on the View tab near the top and put a xxxxxcheckmark next to Hidden items. Go to step 3.
3) Right click on the exe file and select Run as administrator

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 31, 17 11:14 AM
I did that and I'm afraid the mini game still won't play, thank you for telling me how to do it, I can try it with other games now

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 31, 17 11:02 PM
It might help if you do that to the LaunchGame.bfg file, too. If that still doesn't do it, then try running the game in compatibility mode. Same procedure, but instead of choosing Run as administrator, pick Troubleshoot compatibility. When the box opens, choose Try recommended settings and follow the instructions.

I can't promise it will work, but sometimes it does. Good luck!

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Bekkawilly on Feb 1, 17 11:40 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

I am on the dirigible, but i am stuck. i played the mini game and then it froze. it won't allow me to reset or exit either. i have tried to exit the game and go back in as well uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing has worked. I am playing on a PC with windows 10.

[Post New]by nolocontendre on Feb 1, 17 8:40 PM
I am becoming disillusioned with Big Fish. This is the second game I have had problems with within two weeks. I too, am stuck in the dirigible and cannot go forward. Yes, I could set the game with a new profile, but it is frustrating having to start over
when your close to completing the game. I have been a loyal customer for quite sometime and purchase many games. Why does this continue to be a problem?

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Feb 2, 17 3:36 PM
Ditto Ditto Ditto stuck in the airship, cant end task, If I could exit out of the ship I could possibly start again but I cant get out of it. It takes me right back in the ship when I exit UGH

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 3, 17 2:49 PM
They just posted that a new version is available. I hope you can all finish now!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Ed

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 3, 17 5:52 PM
Downloaded the update and began to play; now am stuck in the airship. I had been just a few "steps" from getting to the airship (so I discovered) and after colliding with two clouds, everything froze. The "Reset" and "Skip" buttons do not respond. When I exit and begin playing again, it takes me right back to the frozen mini-game.

I play on a Dell Studio XPS 8100 desktop with Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I've sent a help request to Customer Support with a Dr. Felix report attached.

Update: Here is an excerpt from the email I received from Customer Support:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World CE - frozen mini-game in airship

Response By Email (LeslieY) (February 06, 2017 12:30 PM)
Hi, Gloria,

This is Leslie in Seattle. It sounds like The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition keeps getting stuck in one of the mini games. Thanks for writing in and sending your Dr. Felix results. I also appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I completely understand wanting your games to work properly, and I'm going to look in to this immediately.

I'm sorry to say that it looks as though this game doesn't want to work on your system.

It would appear that my system is not the only one this game does not want to play on. I realize that each computer is unique due to sometimes slight variations in the hardware and software we each have, but I don't think this many players could have such unusual configurations for their computers that this game cannot function on each of them. I think the devs need to look a little deeper into the reason we each got stalled at the same point. It looks like at least some of us had hit two clouds and then had the game freeze in precisely the same way. I believe a new update needs to be designed and released.

Edited on 02/07/2017 at 6:43:43 PM PST

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Editi

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Feb 5, 17 12:28 AM
*Sigh* Add me to the list of people that are stuck in the dirigible mini-game. I thought the updated game might have fixed this so I played it but no, I hit 2 clouds & now the only 'button' that works is the 'Menu'.

I hope everyone is contacting Technical Support about this problem

Kam

ETA Oops! Nearly forgot to state I'm playing on Windows 10 pc with drivers up to date

Edited on 02/05/2017 at 12:30:36 AM PST

[Post New]by KlickityKlak on Feb 10, 17 8:29 AM
I too am stuck in the dirigible. I too am tired of buying games that only take me so far and then stop working. I'm playing on a Macbook pro, based on all the comments here this doesn't seem to be a "system" problem. This is really unfair to your customers and should be responded to with full refunds.
Thank you

[Post New]by Garbo1253 on Feb 13, 17 4:34 PM
I am also stuck on the airship. I have Windows 10, 64 bit operating system.

[Post New]by skibitz5531 on Feb 14, 17 8:18 AM
I too am stuck on the airship using Windows 10...and DO NOT want to replay under new profile and skip the game. Is there a fix on the way Big Fish or a refund?

LinLyn
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by LinLyn on Feb 17, 17 6:30 PM
I too am stuck on the dirigible and I too am a long time Big Fish member who is becoming increasingly disenchanted. How do I go about getting a refund for this. I'm very disappointed because I loved the first in this series and was looking forward to playing this game. But since so many others have this same problem and yet there has been no fix for it I must assume I will never be able to play it through to the end. Please refund.

harkinstg
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by harkinstg on Feb 19, 17 10:06 AM
Stuck in the airship too!!! Is there an updated version? or An update? I just purchased the game on Feb 18, 2017. MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Please fix!

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on Feb 22, 17 4:51 AM
The first time I played the game my computer froze when I tried to fly the dirigible. I could not reset or skip. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and I still could not move forward. I was very displeased to start another game and play another 3 hours to get to that point and the same thing happened. Unless the support team can unfreeze my progress in this game I will demand a refund.

[Post New]by newetta on Feb 25, 17 5:48 PM
Also stuck on the airship. Please fix or refund. Tired of this.

[Post New]by dragontoe on Feb 27, 17 3:06 PM
Also stuck in airship...shouldn't there be a patch for this yet as it seems to be a universal problem?

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Mar 11, 17 12:39 PM
Add me to the list of players stuck in the airship! It's been over a month since this problem arose, and you would think that there would be a fix that actually works.

I've been a member of BFG since 2009 and have over 700 games. Lately, there have been so many problems with every game they are releasing. Honestly, I don't think I'm going to keep buying CE's. At least I'm only out $7 if a SE is unplayable.

I am not going to start over when I have invested 3 hours of game play. Nor should we have to start over to be able to finish a game! I'm very disappointed. This has been a huge waste of time.

Running Windows 10 btw.

[Post New]by kmiller469 on Apr 21, 17 3:02 PM
Same as everyone else, I'm stuck in the airship. This really unacceptable. 3 of the last 4 games I'm purchased has major technical problems that keep you from finishing the game. I'm on Win 7.

I know there are different operating programs but looking at the posts for all of the games the problems are occurring in ALL the platforms and it's happening from multiple devs.

Seriously BF you really need to act (I really wanted to use a different word) together. Pissing off your customers is really not the way to do business.

Go to: