Re:Mind's Eye: Secrets of the Forgotten

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 7, 10 3:16 AM
I liked the use of the scrolling. Some of the items are very easy to see but others are very grainy.

The first puzzle was to place batteries in the machine. I just stuck them any old way and voila it worked in like 2 seconds. Pfftt.

Some items have to be clicked just right or really hard. I had to click on megaphone 4 times before it accepted it.

I clicked on a door and it said "I don't want to go there now" or something like that, and that stayed on my screen no matter what else I was doing, to the point it covered up the items to find.

Played about 20 minutes and will go back later. Just can't judge it so far.Have a feeling I'm looking for a game with more thinking and interaction than what this has offered so far.

Just seems to lack a quality feeling for me.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Apr 7, 10 3:40 AM
I don't mind it. Have just finished the demo and will think about purchasing tomorrow if nothing better comes along. Graphics are reasonable - not too bad on my screen. It does seem a little 'clunky.' Someone else mentioned you have to click a couple of times on the items sometimes to pick them up and yes, I agree. Just seems to run a little slow? The inventory has to be closed off each time instead of popping back to the item list, which is a bit annoying when you have to find several of the same item. But these are minor issues. Puzzles, very few and too easy so far. I quite like shifting the screen around, because some things are doubly hidden by perspective. What I have found intriguing is the story - quite interested to see how it will all come together, considering a relatively dramatic opening.
The music is really good, but unfortunately repetitive. I wish they had chosen to add to this score as it does contribute to the feel. Some will enjoy it.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 7, 10 3:49 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Seems quite good game. Didn't like the force to finish a whole chapter, in order to save the game. BF, this issue has to be fixed...

Good resolution, interesting plot, small objects but findable, fast hint recharge. Bought it.

Comment: Seems that Terry is going to become a HOG fan... Beware, it's addictive...
No I am not!!! LOL!! Ok, maybe some of them I do like, I have to admit!!

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 3:49:48 AM PST

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Apr 7, 10 5:17 AM
What a boring game. It's almost a complete HOG with no adventure and the story line makes no sense. I could only stand to play this for 30 min. and that's because I was hoping it would get better. What a waste of time.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Apr 7, 10 5:20 AM
I can't play side scrolling HOGs, so this is a no-go for me. (could only handle about 2 mins of the demo).

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 7, 10 5:59 AM
I don`t like this game. Very boring like other fishies have said already. And I don`t like also the scrolling scenes. Very slow for me. The game seems also be very short after checking the walkthrough, maybe 1 1/2 - 2 hours for me. Not worth my money. Even as a daily deal I wouldn`t buy it

[Post New]by robsur on Apr 7, 10 6:07 AM
Don't bother with Minds Eye it won't let you get past the first page. When you click on the hidden objects, violin, and screwdriver it won't let you pick them up. I am asking for my money back. This is the first time I have had trouble with a game from Big Fish. They are usually more careful about what they offer. It is very frustrating.

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Apr 7, 10 6:10 AM
I think developers have to work a bit harder than this to get me interested - half an hour was enough for me to decide it was dull and unimaginative - and very slow; there may be an interesting plot somewhere along the line, but I don't think I can be bothered to carry on with the routine screens and rare puzzles until it comes around; I haven't really enjoyed a HOG since Dire Grove, so I usually 'borrow' them via Shockwave rather than buy them. Let's hope there are still some original thinkers around to produce better stuff than this.

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Apr 7, 10 6:22 AM
I just finished Vampireville yesterday and at first was annoyed with its saving progress only at the end of a chapter. Soon figured out the 24 chapters were each short enough that I never had far to go or too much progress to lose if I had to quit. The same should be true for Mind's Eye. (?)

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 7, 10 6:24 AM
Hi,
Okay this is my 2 cents worth.....I like it...I do! I like the movement of the scene...I'm slow to find things and I had to use the hints to see some objects. But my hour was up before I knew it and I was still in the news office finding differences on a ticket.!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 7, 10 6:25 AM
Oh my gosh ,,, I hate fighting with a game ..I felt as though I was having a tugawar ..with the fuses ...Aggravating !!! ,,I prefer to enjoy a game rather then Yell at it !!
It's a very bad week ,,,,as far as games go !!! This one leaves me lost ..

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Apr 7, 10 6:33 AM
OLDBAY wrote:Oh my gosh ,,, I hate fighting with a game ..I felt as though I was having a tugawar ..with the fuses ...Aggravating !!! ,,I prefer to enjoy a game rather then Yell at it !!

Ditto!!!!

[Post New]by littlestar918 on Apr 7, 10 7:28 AM
really short game!! managed to finished the game with 1 min to spare of my trial version.....but it was really gd fun ^^

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Apr 7, 10 7:37 AM
Not for me! Too dark - too fuzzy - too much trouble going side to side to look for objects that you can't find anyway. Maybe someone will like it....but NOT ME!

Byzzyone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Byzzyone on Apr 7, 10 7:50 AM
the game won't let you get past the first page. When you click on the hidden objects, violin, and screwdriver it won't let you pick them up. It is very frustrating.This does not give a challenge to the game .It's bad design or programing and and putting objects into too dark or grainy enviroments is not clever it is lazy that's my say

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

FINISHED!!

[Post New]by poppy85 on Apr 7, 10 8:02 AM
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this one. There are a lot of much much better games out there, but I've seen worse too.

Took me about 2 1/2 hours, not skipping any mini-games and only using a couple of hints.

The walkthrough links on here don't seem to work, but I found another one, only to check the length of the game though. I didn't need it to play.

Overall, not bad. Entertaining on a rainy afternoon.

2 poppy points out of 5

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 7, 10 8:41 AM
Hey fishies,

I'm gonna go ahead and turn this thread into the Comments and Reviews thread.

Happy Posting!

bfgTigris

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 7, 10 8:41 AM
Journey_1 wrote:
OLDBAY wrote:Oh my gosh ,,, I hate fighting with a game ..I felt as though I was having a tugawar ..with the fuses ...Aggravating !!! ,,I prefer to enjoy a game rather then Yell at it !!

Ditto!!!!

Ditto too! I've been away and thought I'd come back to so much. But it ain't there.

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Mind's Eye: Secrets of the Forgotten Comments and Reviews thread

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Apr 7, 10 9:19 AM
Played my 60min- checked the forums
I liked the game and the minis...liked the scroll cause it was not as wide as I've seen before. Will most likely buy on Fri. Checked the walkthrough and it seemed long enough for pokey me. Thanks again fishies
Tink

Re:Mind's Eye: Secrets of the Forgotten Comments and Reviews thread

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 7, 10 9:46 AM
I bought this game elsewhere when it first became available...I enjoyed it.

Go to: