laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Envoy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by laeddie on Apr 7, 10 9:21 AM
auntann11: Thanks for the suggestion! I think I will also wait for the "regular" edition and then update if/when I want.GoveGirl: between you and TMann I always get good reviews of games I am interested in(mostly TM games) THANKS . AGAIN. LOL From the times that you review new games you are either an early riser or live East of the Atlantic? HAPPY GAMING ALL

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 9:41:18 AM PST

[Post New]by terajoy77 on Apr 7, 10 9:36 AM

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 9:46:25 AM PST

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Apr 7, 10 9:49 AM
Terajoy, you may wish to post your comment under the "technical issues" thread. I hope you get it resolved quickly! I'm afraid I can't help, as I have never had that particular issue.

This definitely has a "Build-a-lot" flavor to it. However, as others have mentioned, it is very engaging. As with "My Kingdom for the Princess" there are obstacles to clear that yield resources, and I was thoroughly enchanted when the first set of "extra" levels appeared.

I have played through 2 islands in the first half-hour, with gold stars all the way (though once I only had about 2 seconds to spare). I like the markets and the level-specific goals (i.e., get a particular building working). Unlike Build-a-lot, which seems a bit "cookie cutter" at times (with similar elements in each level / town), this one has a much better storyline attached.

I'm not certain I want to shell out for the Collector Edition, though I did enjoy the extra levels; I may wait & try the basic game first. This one is going on my buy list one way or the other, though!

[Post New]by FunkyFabFinds on Apr 7, 10 10:37 AM

KUDOS:
Superb effort with fun, challenge and variety.

YAY:
Quality music avoids instant mute.
Limited dialogue doesn't waste time.
Juicy graphics, a feast of eye-candy.
Unique ways to gain and lose resources.
Decision-making more fun than technical.

HUH?
An abacus image for medieval English math? Good thing gameplay doesn't use it.

COLLECTOR'S:
For games other than Mystery Case Files, I only cough up double the price for tangible game benefits, like extra unique (not repeat of already played) levels or mini-games. Royal Envoy CE is said to offer 90 versus 60 levels for regular. Hence, I did indeed cough up double doubloons for Royal Envoy CE.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 7, 10 10:50 AM
I'm loving this game. I will not repeat what others have already said and try to add some different points.

What a really like about this game -- After reaching level 4, the game really picks up and you have to really work fast to achieve the gold star -- build 4 cottages before the gold star timing runs out. I had to do this 3 times before I got it. The good news is that you can keep restarting the level until you get it.

You also have to remember to collect the gold. Not like other TM games where the money collects itself. This is an added change to a building game. I also enjoyed the fact that you have to plan/strategize to figure out which roads to clear first to start having the tax payer collect the rent.

I completed 4 levels in 25 minutes . This inlcuded playing level 4 three times to beat the clock. I'm on the fence -- buy CE or wait for the standard version. One thing for sure, I'm buying a version of this game. Thanks BF for this enjoyable game.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Apr 7, 10 10:57 AM
As a general rule I do not care for Time Management games. This one is the exception to the rule. I was fortunate to beta test this game and I loved it! I was so disappointed when the time was up. And wow 30 extra levels with collector's edition. Definitely buying that now. I love the graphics, the dialog, the characters, the challenge, and music, all of it! And I especially love the fact that I can get lost in the game play and I'm all for anything that takes my mind to a fun place.

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Apr 7, 10 11:03 AM
FunkyFabFinds wrote:
COLLECTOR'S:
For games other than Mystery Case Files, I only cough up double the price for tangible game benefits, like extra unique (not repeat of already played) levels or mini-games. Royal Envoy CE is said to offer 90 versus 60 levels for regular. Hence, I did indeed cough up double doubloons for Royal Envoy CE.

I also don't usually buy the CE except for the MCF ones and I did also Briar Rose but wish I'd waited on the regular version before getting that one.

This one I did also buy the CE (from the developer, so sorry BFG but I couldn't wait after demoing it there) because of the extra levels. I play quite a few different genres but TM's are my favorites especially the building ones. I'm finding the comical people in this one quite entertaining and there's lots to do. The fact that you don't have to get expert to move on is great. I got stuck on the BAL's because they require you to finish in the expected time or you're out of luck. I also liked the fact you can replay a level whenever you want.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Apr 7, 10 11:05 AM
Well, I usually don't buy collectors editions, $20.00 seems a bit steep, normally........but I made an exception with this game. I have all the Build a Lot games, and enjoy them. This game goes a few steps further. Plus, and I like this aspect, it seems so.......friendly. I love having all the little worker bees come out and cheer and applaud when a level is completed successfully. It does keep you on your toes trying to keep track of when the rent is due. I played the entire hour demo, and it just made me want more.

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Apr 7, 10 11:41 AM
I should have also said I debated back and forth before buying this from the developers and if I'd just waited one more day I could have got it here at and gotten 3 punches on my punch card for this month.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 7, 10 1:07 PM
Ok so how do you get to be a beta tester??? LOL!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Royal Envoy

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 7, 10 1:28 PM
auntann11 wrote:
laeddie wrote:Welcome to TM games. LOL Glad you liked this game. I betaed it and have been anxiously awaiting it. I even downloaded trial on Playrix to enjoy more. I'm not sure I can afford CE tho. LOL As you say HAPPY GAMING.

Just a reminder that you can upgrade later if you decide you do want the extra levels. I did the beta on this one and knew it would be the first builder I was going to buy. So I will get the standard when it comes out and then see if I make it far enough to warrant the upgrade. (another nice option - thanks BFG).

I've never heard that. Can we upgrade any CE? How and how much?

Syrenia
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by Syrenia on Apr 7, 10 3:02 PM
auntann11 wrote:
laeddie wrote:Welcome to TM games. LOL Glad you liked this game. I betaed it and have been anxiously awaiting it. I even downloaded trial on Playrix to enjoy more. I'm not sure I can afford CE tho. LOL As you say HAPPY GAMING.

Just a reminder that you can upgrade later if you decide you do want the extra levels. I did the beta on this one and knew it would be the first builder I was going to buy. So I will get the standard when it comes out and then see if I make it far enough to warrant the upgrade. (another nice option - thanks BFG)

I did like that you can replay a level right away as I learned during the game what things I should have done differently. If I had to go through the whole game before I could replay a level, then I probably would not be interested in it.

So, it's nice to know this will be a buy later on in the month and possibly upgrade after that. Did 2-1/2 islands in the test and I am sure it gets harder along the way. Will find out if I can keep up with it.

I can't find any reference to being able to upgrade to the CE later...where did you see that? Also, how would you go about doing so?

[Post New]by wonderwoman4ever on Apr 7, 10 3:55 PM
I found this in Big Fish's help section.

I purchased the standard version game. How do I upgrade to the Collector's Edition without losing my progress in the game?
If you've already purchased the standard version game and would like to get the Collector's Edition without losing your progress, follow the steps below.

Purchase and download the Collector's Edition.
Contact Customer Support and we will offer you a refund for the standard version game.

By purchasing and installing the Collector's Edition before we refund the original purchase, your player profile should be saved. (If you've already played part of the game, this would prevent you from having to start from the beginning.)

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 7, 10 3:56 PM
Syrenia wrote:
I can't find any reference to being able to upgrade to the CE later...where did you see that? Also, how would you go about doing so?

Hi Syrenia, here is a link for further information about buying a CE after the standard version, hope that helps:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1054/kw/collector%60s%20edition/r_id/109674

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 7, 10 4:13 PM
Just finished the demo and I had to purchase the CE. The extras are great. In addition to getting the walktrough in the CE, you also get 30 extra levels. -- WOW

So far, my only don't like is that you don't seem to be able to play levels over once you complete the level. Have others found this to be the case, or did I miss how to do this?

Again, for those who like building games, this is one of the better ones. Very different from the BOL games and a welcome chanage -- Thanks, BF and the developers!!!--

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 7, 10 4:33 PM
The answer to santes question: You can replay every single level. Just move the cursor above the level and click "replay the level". If you achieve gold on every single level you can replay the hole game in harder mode with less time.

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Apr 7, 10 4:51 PM
Weird, I think I'm the only person that isn't impressed with this game. I do agree that it's a cross between that Kingdom for the Princess game and a Build-A-Lot type game, but it's really nothing new or challenging. I loved the Build-A-Lot series and found them way more interesting and challenging than this Royal Envoy one.

I don't hate it, and I might buy it when it comes out in "regular" version, but I don't see why it's such a big deal.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 7, 10 5:27 PM
gooddragon38 wrote:Got this game the day it came out at the developer site (sorry, BF but I beta tested it and just couldn't wait to play more!). I don't play many TM games which is why I can't seem to get many "gold stars", but the game is so much fun and so well made that I don't care! (Only problem is that my "trophy room" looks a little sad ). I'll definitely make use of the in game guide later to improve my star ratings but for now, I'm just enjoying the game without looking at the "time" and since you don't need the gold star to move to the next level, I don't have to worry about it.

Quality, extra levels, and in-game guide are all reasons I look for to purchase a "collectors edition" and this one seems to have quite a few extra levels so I'll be happily playing (and re-playing) this game for awhile.

Now I just have to wait for the 4 elements sequel and Fishdom 2 to come out. They also have a couple of other games in the works that look great. Thanks Playrix for making such great games and thanks to Big Fish for getting them to us!

Sequel to 4 Elements!!??? Really!!??? One of my favorite games! Now I'm really excited!!

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 7, 10 5:38 PM
I don't normally like TM games, but I have played a couple that I liked so I was at least looking at this one. And then I saw the screen shot that said it was created by Playrix. That did it. They have some awesome games.

So, DL, play for almost the full hour. I took my time and was on the second island when I thought time might be getting short so went to look at the extras. IMO they are worth the price of the CE. I was NOT going to buy another CE and then had to come out with this one!

I like the graphics, story line, game play, everything about it. I think that this is one that I can spend a lot of time playing and never get tired of it. Sort of like Magic Farm (which I know isn't a building game, but it's a doing game rather that starting things off and sitting there game - if that makes any sense LOL)

The good news is - great game & 3 punches on my game card!

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 7, 10 6:32 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:Syrenia wrote:

Hi Syrenia, here is a link for further information about buying a CE after the standard version, hope that helps:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1054/kw/collector%60s%20edition/r_id/109674

Thanks for posting the upgrade link Eisteepfirsich!!!

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 6:33:23 PM PST

Go to: