Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:Is it worth buying the Collector's Edition??

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Apr 9, 10 5:30 PM
Looks like a great game but I'm not going to spend $19.99 on it - not even for 30 additional levels because it's just going to be the "same" stuff anyway. Will wait for the $6.99 version to come out.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Apr 9, 10 9:01 PM
Same for me. I usually don't like TM, but this was so fun! But I'll wait for the $6.99 as well.

mtc413
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mtc413 on Apr 9, 10 9:19 PM
I think I'll wait for the "regular" version as well.

The strategy guide is worthless to me, I never use them -- If I absolutely get stuck in a game, I can always find the answer online.

The behind the scenes making of video...blech. I don't listen to commentaries on my DVDs, I doubt I'll have any interest in a puff piece about the programmers.

So basically, I'd be paying 3 times the normal amount, for only 1.5 times the normal content.

Last time I took economics, that wasn't a good deal.

kna123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by kna123 on Apr 9, 10 9:28 PM
Normally I would wait for the regular version, too, but I was completely hooked on the demo! I just couldn't resist. Looking forward to continuing the journey... gotta go now, there are houses to build!!!

mz_dori
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mz_dori on Apr 11, 10 11:05 AM
In reply to the 30 bonus levels, they are not exactly like the original 63 (yes, 63 levels not 60). If you want to get all of the trophies to open up the expert level, the walkthrough is priceless (no walkthrough for the bonus levels though). I have bought CE's in the past and was not impressed by them. I told myself I would never do that again. Well, I made a liar out of myself and am very happy that I did. This is the best TM game I have ever played.

Pippin1978
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Pippin1978 on Apr 16, 10 12:17 PM
TOTALLY WORTH IT! This is the BEST GAME, and it goes on forEVER! Absolutely love it, and worth every penny. It goes on for DAYS, and it's a BLAST! Do not hesitate to get this CE!

aljensal
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by aljensal on Apr 17, 10 4:13 PM
I am another one wasn't going to get a CE,but I changed my mind for this one. The 30 extra levels are really good. There have been so few strategy games that I liked recently it was worth it to me to pay a bit more for the extra game play.

[Post New]by mcsquibbles on Apr 18, 10 3:26 AM
I have never bought a CE before, but I look at it this way: where else can I get this many hours of entertainment for $20? The graphics are delightful, the pacing is good and the music is not annoying as it is in so many games. I am resisting the walk-through on other sites because I enjoy the great sense of satisfaction when I figure out the level myself. So .. twenty bucks? Heck yes!

ewartman
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ewartman on Apr 18, 10 4:50 PM
Perhaps it is just my computer, but I only got to level 4 due to the fact that the loading times on my trial were CRAZY LONG (from the get-go, to in-between-levels and other things I had not known that required such down times. If I am going to while away my relax time playing games, I really must be quick! Ha!

I was stoked to buy (gulp) a CE but I am skeptical as to if I was yoinked out of a good trial or what?

Is the rest of this game that slow or am I lacking a thing I need to make this game's ending before I die?

I want to believe...

[Post New]by ImJustSaying on Apr 18, 10 9:25 PM
Totally worth it!!

I have played all the regular games and got gold status on each level with the help from the guide within the game. Its fantastic!! The help is right on the playing screen and only used it when I thought I was stuck.. Or so I thought..

Now that I unlocked the bonus games.. holy canoli!! There is no help and I am using my brain better than the regular games. Its really hard and totally challenges you. I could use some help on these bonus games but I do find out that I do figure them out.. until South Bay.. I am stuck!!

GOOD LUCK ALL!

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Apr 18, 10 9:40 PM
Yes, it is. I played 1 level. I just purchased it. My brother said I could get a $19.99 game. (I have gamehouse too) It's actually $19.95 here so I got this one. I am so sick of hidden object games. It reminds me of the Build-a-lots.

I purchased the Diner Dash Boom CE before and I honestly think that could have waited till the $6.99 version came out, but this for that many levels is worth it. It also comes with a strategy guide and I think wallpapers, screensaver, but I couldn't access those in the trial and I haven't opened it up yet now that it is unlocked.

Edited on 04/18/2010 at 9:41:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Clematis_es on Apr 22, 10 9:45 AM
Absolutely! It is worth every cent. My congratulations to BF for a superb game.

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Apr 24, 10 1:17 PM
Okay, you all have sold me. I was going to wait until the regular game came out because I'm too cheap...er, that is, I like a good deal for my money. It sounds like this CE really gives the player something extra that's worthwhile (not just wallpapers and such).

My Kingdom For The Princess is one of my all-time favorite games, and this one is similar in style. I love the demo, but now I'm going to buy the CE. Thanks for helping me decide!

Edited on 04/24/2010 at 1:19:18 PM PST

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Apr 26, 10 12:28 AM
This game is seriously great. Absolutely worth every penny. The graphics are the greatest I've seen of these type of games, and the MOST fun. I thought Westward IV was great (well, it is ...) but this one is even better. I just love it. The only negative is, its hard to tear yourself away. I'd be up all night playing this if I didn't have work in the morning.

laura17318
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by laura17318 on Apr 27, 10 11:10 AM
I've only ever paid $6.99 or used a game credit. I've been a member for about 2 years on and off and have about 30 games from here. This is the first time I spent $20 and I think it's worth it. I've bought games I've finished in a day or mastered within 2. I can easily think of 4 of my $6.99 games that I'd trade in for this one.

Go to: