Thanks anyway.

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 4:29:39 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,027 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 8, 10 4:13 AM
On first glance I thought I'd probably be passing with the sludgy dark graphics, Poser style models, pretty horrid acting and weird, somber music BUT once I got playing the lack of instruction harkens back to old school adventure and it soon had me pretty darn mesmerized. Personally I LOVE using "ze leetle gray cells" to figure out what is needed rather than being told. Nothing like the, "Ah HA!" moment. If something sparkles at some point you will interact with it. Beyond that it's pretty much up to you. I also appreciate that this is a Dreamscape so weird stuff in weird places finally makes sense.

I finished 3 chapters in 45 minutes so this isn't going to last me terribly long, but w/ 4 credits in me pocket what the heck. Can't give it full Approval because of mediocre production values but I am buying for the pleasantly challenging gameplay.

[Post New]by xenogamer55 on Apr 8, 10 4:39 AM
I'll try it but I noticed there were typos in the promo video! BF has been very very bad lately.

[Post New]by pratchettfan777 on Apr 8, 10 4:46 AM
Another HOG with NO TIMER option. I'm going to be sick.... These are not worth the money unless you have it to throw in the garbage.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,027 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 8, 10 4:51 AM
pratchettfan777 wrote:Another HOG with NO TIMER option. I'm going to be sick.... These are not worth the money unless you have it to throw in the garbage.

I think you'll find that the majority of HOG and IHOG players prefer No Timer, which is why everyone kept hollering until developers started making them this way. However I do agree it is always preferable for it to be a choice. ...but garbage? Just because something is not to your liking doesn't mean it's garbage, you just don't like it. Personally I think raisins are the devil's droppings and yet they keep selling the wrinkly little horrors... It's a matter of individual taste.

[Post New]by GameCrazy10 on Apr 8, 10 4:56 AM
Walkthrough would be nice because no real instructions at the beginning so the game frustrates me and I am sure I will quit it soon. I like how it looks and it looks like a challenging game but sometimes I need a jump start to get into a game like this one.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 8, 10 4:56 AM
Should be classified as adventure-hog. Another sitting-on-the-fence game, don't really like the sepia screens, but it is a dream scenario.

Did a bit of stumbling around and used a few hints in the first 1/2 hour until I got a feel for it.

Hidden objects very easy to find. Puzzles so far are jigsaw, slider, etc. Two looked easy but required you to do an extra "thinking' step to unlock them.

Definitely not a hand-holder game, you're pretty much up to using your smarts.

Just wish it involved harder to find objects.

[Post New]by robsur on Apr 8, 10 5:01 AM
Wish I hadn't bought it can't get past the first scene. don't know what to do with the hammer I know what I'd like to do

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 8, 10 5:17 AM
Take the hammer & break the vase that is on the floor in the first screen ..

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,121 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 8, 10 5:33 AM
MargieB!!!

Where are you? How many chapters does this game have. Want to buy but not if it's too short.

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 5:34:11 AM PST

[Post New]by orlandomiki on Apr 8, 10 5:35 AM
Not my cup of tea at all....I am more a straight Hidden Object kind of girl....My problem is I can;t uninstall...It says the game is running even though it has been a half hour since I exited the game and the TM shows nothing running....If anyone has a solution could you please let me know...

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,121 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 8, 10 5:38 AM
orlandomiki wrote:Not my cup of tea at all....I am more a straight Hidden Object kind of girl....My problem is I can;t uninstall...It says the game is running even though it has been a half hour since I exited the game and the TM shows nothing running....If anyone has a solution could you please let me know...

That happen to me with another game. Ended up rebooting puter, bring up game manager, uninstalling game.

Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Ukiah on Apr 8, 10 5:42 AM
orlandomiki wrote:Not my cup of tea at all....I am more a straight Hidden Object kind of girl....My problem is I can;t uninstall...It says the game is running even though it has been a half hour since I exited the game and the TM shows nothing running....If anyone has a solution could you please let me know...

OK, stupid question....did you reboot?

[Post New]by agedewe on Apr 8, 10 5:45 AM
Pinky559 wrote:Help. I cut the pillow on the couch and saw the numbers 572 I went to the safe and put in the 572 and it said error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

look at the pictures below and find same number ie, starfish has five arms etc

[Post New]by blackjack4360 on Apr 8, 10 5:47 AM
Nilosh wrote:Downloading it now. I hope this one is better than the recent games that have come out. I really do miss a good IHOG. Lets cross our fingers.

lauder
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Apr 8, 10 5:49 AM
as soon as they get the problem fixed with game not being able 2 shut down. I plan 2 buy game as I love these type of games. Not 2 hard and not 2 easy. lol lol

Ukiah
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Ukiah on Apr 8, 10 5:52 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Personally I LOVE using "ze leetle gray cells" to figure out what is needed rather than being told.

I guess my "leetle gray cells" were not up to this game. Poirot would have been very disappointed in me.

I very quickly found myself actively disliking it.

from my perspective.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Apr 8, 10 7:18 AM
did 20 min. in the demo and it's a buy for me. Love the puzzles and the 'figure it yourself thing' feels like i am playing an old game but I am a happy camper.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 8, 10 7:45 AM
The game is not really my cup of tea. A little bit to easy for me. I had also technial problems with the game (black screen every few minutes). I don`t buy it, but thats okay, because I have bought yesterday the collectors edition from Royal Envoy. I hope I like the tgt tomorrow much more.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Apr 8, 10 8:46 AM
Really enjoying this game.
Am stuck in cabin with rhino outside. Have axe, balloon, and shovel.
Guess I will take a break until himself decides to light up a hint for me..LOL
Nice game.

Go to: