Rage74
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Post any Dominic Crane's Dreamscape Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rage74 on Apr 8, 10 4:47 PM
Windows 7 here, Professional 32 bit. Same problem with the music/sound effects continuing to play after the game has been shut down. Not only that, but my trial timed out too (I guess the game never really shut down?).

skamosha
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by skamosha on Apr 9, 10 6:55 AM
murphy1018 wrote:Installed the "try it" version of this game.Played for a while and then decided to purchase. After buying it I went in to play and had lost all progress in the game.
Using Windows XP so don;t know why this happened.
Any explanation as to why it didn't save?

Just had the same experience. Played 1 hour demo yesterday, bought today, back to beginning, no profile or game progress stored. Also running Windows XP. Am off to contact Customer Service to get my game credit back - like the game enough to buy it, but not enough to replay the whole first hour.

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 6:57:33 AM PST

[Post New]by docsam on Apr 9, 10 9:53 AM
NO Save feature and does not save on exit!
Is there a fix or do you just play until finished or dead at the keyboard???

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Apr 9, 10 7:36 PM
Hi Fishies,

I have been trying to play the demo but whenever the scene changes, there are blacked out boxes that appear just before the scene changes and just as the scene goes to a new location. They go away fairly quickly but the transition from one scene to another is not smooth and it's bothersome to see these black rectangles, squares and other shapes blacking out parts of the scene. My Windows Vista automatic updates for my graphics card has just installed the latest version of the card's driver. No other games have done this. Can someone please shed some light on this issue. I don't appear to have any of the other issues listed here. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled since the new version came up.

Thanks in advance for some help.
Linda.

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 7:37:29 PM PST

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Apr 9, 10 10:53 PM
I have read where some people are put out by the childish sound of the voices. I sat up when I read that as I am not getting any voices...human voices that is. I get a dog barking or cat meowing once in a while...but never any human voices. My volume is up so what is going on? Help please.

[Post New]by stargazing31 on Apr 10, 10 12:43 PM
I am running Windows XP Media Edition, IE 8. I've downloaded the game and when I try to run it I receive the message: Unexpected error while running the game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Apr 11, 10 3:54 PM
I guess this thread is just a place to gripe and not get any help. Too bad. No buy. I know what customer service will do. They'll have me send them a Dr. Felix file and then suggest that my video card is to blame. Oh well, Maybe they'll get around to fixing this problem. If not, I'll just wait for the next game.

Sinking in the pond.
Linda.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 11, 10 6:16 PM
happygrams18 wrote:I have read where some people are put out by the childish sound of the voices. I sat up when I read that as I am not getting any voices...human voices that is. I get a dog barking or cat meowing once in a while...but never any human voices. My volume is up so what is going on? Help please.

I did get any human voices either.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Apr 11, 10 6:17 PM
stargazing31 wrote:I am running Windows XP Media Edition, IE 8. I've downloaded the game and when I try to run it I receive the message: Unexpected error while running the game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Contact customer service via the to the right.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Apr 21, 10 4:11 PM
I get a message when the game starts that says, "Failed to Initialize Direct Music Audio". What is Direct Music Audio? How do I fix it?? I notice no one else on this forum has posted this, so I'm wondering if something is wrong with my computer.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Apr 22, 10 7:26 PM
Thanks, CasualGran! I tried to update my drivers, but I got a message saying that I had the most current ones. I don't know how to reinstall my drivers. I'm still using Windows XP, but my computer is only a couple of years old. I think I might have to move on to other games, but thanks for your help.

[Post New]by stormyyskyy on Aug 26, 10 1:35 PM
dlb628 wrote:Thanks, CasualGran! I tried to update my drivers, but I got a message saying that I had the most current ones. I don't know how to reinstall my drivers. I'm still using Windows XP, but my computer is only a couple of years old. I think I might have to move on to other games, but thanks for your help.

I am running my games on a computer that is 2-3 years old, & I had to update my drivers (updates were dated back in 2008). If you have a Dell, go to dell.com, then drivers, then you should be able to "check for updates". Follow directions to find your product ID key, and enter it in. After I did that, I had 14 updates I could do. It doesnt always help (i'm still having problems) but it doesnt hurt.

WARNING: spoiler alert

I am also having problems with this game. Most of the time I was playing was spent waiting for the game to un-freeze so i could continue. During the 2nd level (after finding the first key) there is a painting that ends up being a puzzle. Everytime i clicked - both when picking a piece up & placing it (turning didn't do this, though) - the screen would freeze for a minute or so, then my music (from windows player) would freeze, then the game would unfreeze, & then my music. EVERY time. My trial expired right after I completed the puzzle, so the demo timer was still running even though the game froze. Deffinately not worth it if it freezes my entire computer. Even bringing up Task Manager up didn't work - it would just stay frozen then bring the magager up after the game unfroze.

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Sep 9, 10 4:18 PM
I have Windows Vista and tried to play the trial multiple times. I have gotten the load screen to get up to 3/4 of the way, but then it stops responding. It now says I have 50 minutes left to play - lol.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Feb 12, 11 3:36 AM
A small, weird, yet irritating, problem: When you pull up the Options menu to adjust the sound, the music volume can't be adjusted. Rather, there's a bar, but no slider on it. Weird!

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Feb 15, 11 11:34 AM
Using Mac version. Cannot continue to play - hint button freezes. Second game in a week with technical problems.

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Feb 16, 11 7:01 AM
Also on a Mac. I also have no ability to turn the music down, no slider button. If that was all, this would probably be a buy for me, but unfortunately there are graphics issues with this game as well. Whenever I exit a scene, the screen flips upside down for a few seconds then flashes and rights itself.

Interesting surreal game with a nice variety of puzzles, but too buggy.

[Post New]by WickedInk on Feb 25, 11 11:36 PM
I am having the same problem as FinnyFine:

In the Mac OS X version there is no volume control "knob" for Music. The label is there, the slider is there, but there is no knob.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Apr 16, 11 3:51 AM
Another Mac user here with no ability to control the music volume. Maybe that's how they fixed the the music issue many PC players were having.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Apr 16, 11 11:38 AM
I had to uninstall the trial without playing at all. It said the file was corrupted.

Go to: