cherylsart
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Welcome to Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ forum

[Post New]by cherylsart on Feb 12, 09 3:21 PM
I didn't even get that far. My screen went black and I got static from the speakers. I'm not going to try it again until they fix the problems.

AllieBow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AllieBow on Feb 12, 09 3:39 PM
cherylsart wrote:I didn't even get that far. My screen went black and I got static from the speakers. I'm not going to try it again until they fix the problems.

I'm glad it is not just my computer telling me I play too many games!

I also e-mailed customer support to let them know about the problem. I'll try it again once the problem is fixed as well.

[Post New]by momo0398 on Feb 12, 09 5:10 PM
Just tried the Mac demo and got the black screen as well as that annoying static sound.......hope they fix this......it looks like a great title.

[Post New]by StillCarynOn on Feb 13, 09 9:21 AM
AllieBow wrote:There is something seriously wrong with the Mac port of this game. I've spent several minutes of the trial trying to get it to work. The sound file is obviously corrupted, as all you get is static sounds. And don't get me started on the fonts! At the beginning of the game you get yellow squares with white letters inside that you can barely read. Then when you get in the game you can't even read the list of things to find because all you see is pink (I believe) squares.

My computer should be able to handle this game, as I checked the requirements and it should be good to go. I was excited to find another hidden object game to try out, but this one has turned out to be nothing but frustrating.

Thanks for letting me rant.

yep same thing here with my iMac. Very frustrating!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Feb 13, 09 10:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear that some some users are having trouble running the Mac version of Veronica Rivers, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team. We have a group in the support team dedicated to handling Mac questions, so I'm certain that they will be able to correct this issue for you.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

Thanks for coming to the forums!

bfgErie

AllieBow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AllieBow on Feb 13, 09 10:41 AM
bfgErie wrote:I'm sorry to hear that some some users are having trouble running the Mac version of Veronica Rivers, I would recommend contacting our Customer Support team. We have a group in the support team dedicated to handling Mac questions, so I'm certain that they will be able to correct this issue for you.

You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

Thanks for coming to the forums!

bfgErie

I've already done that, bfgErie, so no worries. I'm sure your team is working on it as I write this!

ETA: Just got an e-mail saying the game has been sent to BFG's games operations department. Very quick response. Thanks.

Edited on 02/13/2009 at 12:54:48 PM PST

Rhovannion
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Rhovannion on Feb 16, 09 3:23 AM
How useful these forums are; I had assumed that there was something wrong with my computer or my version of this game. I received an email about the game around half an hour ago and downloaded it ( I have become seriously addicte to these "find it" games). I opened the game and had all the symptoms described above. I will get in touch with customer services just for the record.

[Post New]by KnitterDesigner on Feb 19, 09 8:16 AM
I am in the 1st scene and just can't find the journal. It is only item I can't find; I used the hint and saw the area where journal is supposed to be but still can't find. What color is it; and what it is it by? Thank you

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 19, 09 8:24 AM
KnitterDesigner wrote:I am in the 1st scene and just can't find the journal. It is only item I can't find; I used the hint and saw the area where journal is supposed to be but still can't find. What color is it; and what it is it by? Thank you
In the PC version of the game, the journal is an orange book and it is underneath a red metal locked box in the lower left corner.

If you are not playing in Full Screen you may want to change to Full Screen. Some of the items in this game cannot be seen if you are in Windowed mode.

Good luck!

Edited on 02/19/2009 at 8:27:04 AM PST

[Post New]by momo0398 on Feb 19, 09 1:32 PM
Has the Mac version been re-uped yet?

[Post New]by KnitterDesigner on Feb 19, 09 1:34 PM
Thank you to Lizzie K; I found the journal just where you said (I have Mac version). Weird thing is that the "hint" highlighted area on top of screen by window blinds - not at all where the journal was located.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 19, 09 3:11 PM
KnitterDesigner wrote:Thank you to Lizzie K; I found the journal just where you said (I have Mac version). Weird thing is that the "hint" highlighted area on top of screen by window blinds - not at all where the journal was located.
I'm glad you found it. Sometimes the PC and Mac versions are sightly different. Good luck with the rest of the game.

AllieBow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AllieBow on Feb 20, 09 6:14 PM
momo0398 wrote:Has the Mac version been re-uped yet?

No. In fact, I downloaded it again just now to see. At first it said I had -3xxxxxxx minutes left of the demo (don't remember the exact number). I closed it out after getting static and such. Then when I restarted the game it said I had 0 minutes of the trial period left. I know I haven't tried to make the darn thing work for that long.

I'd be curious if any of the Mac users who get it to work have an Intel Mac or what OS they are running on.

Rhovannion
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Rhovannion on Feb 22, 09 5:50 AM
Just for your information, I did get in touch with Customer Services (and I'm very favourably impressed by both the speed and the tone of the response ). The relevant part of the email said:

We are currently aware for this issue with several of our customers who've played or purchased this game. This game may be affected by a corrupted file or game data error and I can assure you that there is nothing inherently wrong with your computer, but quite possibly something in Veronica Rivers's settings. I've already sent this on to our games operations department for further investigation. I do apologize for this inconvenience.

I assume that when 'they' have worked out what the problem is 'they' will let us know.

AllieBow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AllieBow on Feb 22, 09 9:38 AM
Rhovannion wrote:Just for your information, I did get in touch with Customer Services (and I'm very favourably impressed by both the speed and the tone of the response ). The relevant part of the email said:

We are currently aware for this issue with several of our customers who've played or purchased this game. This game may be affected by a corrupted file or game data error and I can assure you that there is nothing inherently wrong with your computer, but quite possibly something in Veronica Rivers's settings. I've already sent this on to our games operations department for further investigation. I do apologize for this inconvenience.

I assume that when 'they' have worked out what the problem is 'they' will let us know.

Yes. I got the same message a few days ago. They are very good at letting you know that they got your e-mail and are aware of the problem.

lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lwoodard on Feb 25, 09 5:36 PM
I looved this game, was a lot of fun .4 stars

[Post New]by DazzleDream on Apr 17, 09 6:36 AM
Veronica rivers is cool game. have it and have fun each time i play

[Post New]by Chuckles437 on Jul 20, 09 10:42 PM
Did anyone have a problem with downloading this and it not opening up?

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 23, 09 4:25 AM
Hi Chuckles and welcome!

I didn't have a problem with my game not opening. I would try un-installing it and starting over from scratch. Otherwise, I'd try emailing Tech support (it's the green envelope on the bottom right of the screen). I've just emailed them about another game I had problems with and they were great!!
I hope you get to play it because it was a really fun game.

Good Luck!

Anna1782
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Anna1782 on May 21, 10 2:29 AM
Good choice for me! I like relaxing and fun games and this one exactly what I prefer. Variety of locations, not boring story, short dialogues, pleasant graphics – it’s enough for me to like it!

Go to: