daubee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Demo won't launch

[Post New]by daubee on Feb 28, 17 4:58 PM
Leemo wrote:I've tried to play the demo but all I get is the Big Fish logo, and then it tells me to play again.

Never happened to me on BF before.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by clpunchie on Feb 28, 17 5:56 PM
I too have no characters visible. Some of the characters on the last game weren't visible either. Please post an update to fix this issue. Apparently, there is a large group of people experiencing the same issue.

kimmykaye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by kimmykaye on Feb 28, 17 8:06 PM
I have had issues with all the Elven Legend Games. Two prevented me from finishing them. This one I played for a few minutes and the same thing happened as with everyone else. No characters seen. Only shadow like circles. I am glad I didn't buy it as there are never any fixes to the problems these games have. Too bad, because they could be really fun

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 28, 17 8:07 PM
Update: I never figured out what on earth had happened with what I described in my original post but I reinstalled & just now it showed me a cut scene but then went black, and stayed that way until I force quit. Am running Weirdos 10.

OMG. This is the weirdest technical issue i've ever had with a game here.
I downloaded & installed and I swear I thought I was losing my frigging mind.... I wish I could post a screenshot here. It opened up & ran (& I played several levels of ) Elven Legend 3 The New Menace CE.

I am like.... ?? I did not previously have that game on my computer. It had 7 or 8 levels played, so apparently I'd demo'd it before.

I'm going to retry & see what happens when I try the download.

Edited on 03/02/2017 at 7:49:22 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 1, 17 9:42 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players posting in this particular thread the technical issues that are being experienced within their game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as it should. The contents of this entire thread have been passed along to the appropriate teams for investigation. In the meantime, players are encouraged to try the following help articles in the Big Fish Games Help Pages as they have been known to help resolve the issues presented in this thread:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run game as Administrator

If issues continue to appear after trying the suggested troubleshooting steps, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the appropriate tools to further assist.

Thanks for your patience and understanding as we will update the forums if any information is brought to our attention. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Didds2603 on Mar 1, 17 2:27 PM
I have no characters, purchased before trying as I enjoyed all the previous Elven games very dissapointed. I wish the Tech Team would tell us what to do rather than keep saying visit the help pages as there is not relevant on there to why we cannot see the characters. Come on Big Fish bring out a fix for this please. I am running Windows 10.

[Post New]by BrookhavenLabs on Mar 1, 17 7:19 PM
I have played level 8 about 4 times now - three stars, beat the developer record. However, the game will not let me go on to level 9.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Mar 3, 17 7:36 AM
My only issue is that there's no Guide button on the playing screen despite the fact that Extras menu says it should be there. There's not even a Guide button in the screen caps in the guide.

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Mar 4, 17 9:50 AM
I installed the updated version of the game, and now I have no "Extras". When I click on it, it bring s up the Extra page, but it doesn't have any listed. Previous version had the strat guide, collections, concept art, etc.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

Mmnrn79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mmnrn79 on Mar 4, 17 5:14 PM
I also installed the update and no longer have anything in my extra's menu

[Post New]by chickie8 on Mar 5, 17 8:34 PM
Same issues as others - no characters, have to guess where a lot of things are located because they are invisible. My real question is - why offer games from this developer because they have such problems?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 7, 17 3:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues affecting your playthrough of Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition here. We definitely want players to be able to continue and complete their games and I wanted to swim by real fast to provide some preliminary troubleshooting for some of the issues players are reporting here as well as how to receive additional assistance from our Support Team, just in case.

If, after installing the update, there are missing features like missing Extras, what I recommend is seeing if a completely clean uninstall and reinstall of the game will resolve that quickly. The following page contains steps on how to uninstall and reinstall a purchased game:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

BrookhavenLabs, it sounds like there may be some trouble continuing in the game. If you haven't already, I recommend seeing if running the game with increased permissions will help as sometimes doing this on a Windows machine will resolve issues where a game gets stuck and helps it run smoothly again. Just in case it is helpful, here's a guide on running the game as an Administrator, which should provide the permissions needed:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if a player would just like additional assistance, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope those suggestions help. If they don't, be sure to contact our Support Team with the steps above. Also, if there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Kelandry on Mar 10, 17 2:21 PM
Everything works fine 'til level 28, where it is impossible to reconstruct the big bridge. The game always tells me that the way is blocked, which it isn't. Playing on Windows 10, already installed the first update - still doesn't work.

[Post New]by mumoftwins73 on Mar 10, 17 8:01 PM
I am having issues with being able to see the full screen. Parts of the game play are happening off the side of the screen and I can't see it!

It will not let me play in windowed mode either - I get a message about screen resolution.

I am using Windows 10.

Any advice would be appreciated!

nineill
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nineill on Mar 13, 17 2:54 PM
Not sure its a tech issue but what is slowing me down is the game prompts and I do not know how to stop them. The big yellow arrows appear and you have to click on them

[Post New]by sweetie3333 on Mar 14, 17 6:28 PM
Hi there, I am unable to get the game to work. The men freeze and stay stuck on a task. I am running windows 8.
Initially I played to level 39, this is when the men froze on a task. I tried re installing but the same thing is still happening. I tried the other levels but they are all freezing now. Please help!

kind regards, Christina

[Post New]by Davosskier on Mar 14, 17 6:40 PM
Running on Windows 10 - will not play at all - get Big Fish page and then nothing - have followed every instruction and it still doesn't work - have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times - still nothing - its just disappointing when you purchase a game and it is stuffed - second game this has happened as well -

[Post New]by tmgames on Mar 23, 17 9:01 PM
So after installing the update, I'm still having issues.
I decided to restart the game with a new player name, only the game still shows that I have completed it.
Achievements don't seem to be working properly either, most of them don't acknowledge that I have completed them. Not to mention that from the middle of chapter 2 the levels become almost impossible to complete to at 3 stars.
I don't usually have these types of issues and am finding it very difficult to remain enthused with this series.
I'm using windows 10

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 24, 17 12:05 PM
I'm having the same issues as "tmgames". My Elven Legend 4 game has totally lost its mind. It keeps showing that I've completed even if I enter a profile that I've never used before. Cannot delete profiles because if I delete, exit the game, re-enter and use the same profile it shows I've completed the game. I would like a fix because I truly enjoy the game so I'm not interested in a credit for a new CE.

Edited: I'm running Win 10 OS and this game was installed as early as today so I know I'm using the "new" version.

2nd Edit: I even tried running the game as Admin to no avail. It simply does not work.

Edited on 03/24/2017 at 2:48:21 PM PST

bechaupt
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bechaupt on Mar 25, 17 8:51 PM
I am having the same issue as other players. I tried to create a second player so I could complete the game on Normal mode with my first profile and have a second profile for Expert mode. My operating system is Windows 10, I am running the latest version of the game, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and running the game as an administrator.

My Mother is running the game on a her computer (also Windows 10 and latest version) and has the same issue. We are both very annoyed that we purchased the game and this basic feature isn't working.

Go to: