Veronica Rivers

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Veronica Rivers

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Oct 17, 08 7:57 AM
I pretty much only play the HO games so I find it so disappointing when they're boring! As has been said multiple times, I don't want to deal with the story lines - if I want a story, I'll read a book! Not being able to skip the dialogue was the main reason that I am not buying this game. Also, did anyone else have it go balistic on you when you tried to enter the cave to get the scissors? I had to alt/control/delete to get out because it kept zooming (and "unzooming") on the cave entrance!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 17, 08 7:59 AM
lisa, I saw comments from a couple of others who experienced a problem like this. I've played without any issues ... so am one of the lucky ones. Good Luck

77Alice77
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 77Alice77 on Oct 17, 08 8:04 AM
lisa, I had the same with scissors. Click on another part of it. It worked for me.

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Oct 17, 08 8:09 AM
cesse47 wrote:Askold, please advise the source of your information. Thanks.

Cesse47, I know because I'm developer of this game. And will be glad to read your thoughts about Veronica Rivers. Please ask me If you have any questions. Thanks!

Edited on 10/17/2008 at 8:10:22 AM PST

[Post New]by Kategreatt on Oct 17, 08 8:17 AM
77Alice77 wrote:I love this game! It's like a movie! Daughter is helping me to find objects now.

Heh... (went to bring credit card)

Alice, good idea! I'll play it with my daughter today ))))

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 17, 08 8:27 AM
Askold wrote:
cesse47 wrote:Askold, please advise the source of your information. Thanks.

Cesse47, I know because I'm developer of this game. And will be glad to read your thoughts about Veronica Rivers. Please ask me If you have any questions. Thanks!

I don't have no questions on this game at all and I love the cutscenes. That to me is one of the reasons it made this game stand out from the rest of the HO's. Askold I am sure you saw my previous comments but I will say it again, your game totally rocks and if big fish didn't have it I would have bought it out right anyways. You people did a superior job. I love the mini games as well. You definitely need coffee before you do a portal puzzle. Keep up the great work. God bless

Sassy

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 9:50 AM
Askold wrote:Hi! Good news! In the new version of Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown you will be able to skip cut scenes. BFG will update it soon.

Awsome! While I enjoy a good story line, when I go back I usually don't want to read it again. Thanks for doing an update.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 17, 08 10:29 AM
Don't know why but I have the feeling there may be a part 2. I hope I hope

Sassy

rkweaver
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rkweaver on Oct 17, 08 10:46 AM
well i tried it again today and still cant get the scissor or the arrow from the inner cave. I have tried tech support and have not recieved any help. Everybody has talk about what fun this game is i wish i could see further cuz i was too enjoying this game. I guess im gonna try to get a credit back cuz i cant play it thanks to all who tried to help.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 17, 08 11:27 AM
This is a great game I loved the part where the bats flew out..awesome i jumped in my seat. lol>>>>>

I hope there "IS" a part 2 to this game.

Now, I love the story and her attitude about helping others.

I have had no problem with my game I started playing yesterday;

I read some posts seen where others were liking the game SO I tried it and BOUGHT IT.

HAPPY GAMING
LOVE HO

Pen

Edited on 10/17/2008 at 11:28:16 AM PST

[Post New]by maryquilts2 on Oct 17, 08 11:59 AM
hi, I liked the game but it wouldn't go to next level. It kept coming back to the differences and items.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 17, 08 12:22 PM
I bought this one and am not disappointed. It has great graphics and an intriguing story. You can also get plenty of Hints when you get stuck. There seems to be no time limit or Hint limit.

My only major criticism is that you cannot bypass all the blather. That really limits replay. I may not replay this game as I cannot stand waiting for all the story pages to finish so I can get back to the game. This, of course, makes the game last a long time but does get tiresome. Repeated story pages are also tiresome - how many times will I see that same long "dream" page?

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Oct 17, 08 12:46 PM
LizzieK wrote:The game developer announced today they are releasing a new version where you can skip the story.

Thank you, LizzieK! Yes, we sent new version to this morning. I think today or tomorrow it will be on . We will do our best to improve the game. Thank you for your choice!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 1:10 PM
Inkypoo wrote:Just started the demo. How in the world do I take the pictures? I hear a click, but the next picture to take does not appear. Help
Watch for the center guide to turn green- then snap.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 17, 08 3:50 PM
pfalcioni wrote:I enjoy the gameplay, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one who finds Veronica's 'assets' and clothing selection a bit over the top (literally)?

Last thing I'd want to do when I'm tackling an unknown jungle is to lounge around in tight cutoffs and a crop top. She looks like a reject for a Bannana Republic ad.

Just seems obvious that this one was designed by guys, but I think the majority of people playing will be women, right?

I think they were going for the Lara Croft effect, which was hugely popular when it came out.

[Post New]by tikigirl_va on Oct 17, 08 5:55 PM
Ok, I haven't read all of the posts yet, but I gotta say this is actually a fun game. Last night I did the trial on our PC, but wasn't sure about it. Like many of you I hated that I couldn't click thru the comments. I liked most of the mini games. I tried the trial again on my laptop and I noticed this time that if I clicked on the screen with the story I was given the option to continue fairly quickly. I liked this much better than last night.

The only thing I don't know is how many levels there are. I made it to the portal after Africa, is there much more to go? I hate to buy a game and then have it over quickly.

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Oct 17, 08 6:26 PM
tikigirl_va wrote:I tried the trial again on my laptop and I noticed this time that if I clicked on the screen with the story I was given the option to continue fairly quickly. I liked this much better than last night.

We did this feature today, as I promised. I am glad if you like new version of the game. Thank you for your choice.

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on Oct 17, 08 9:06 PM
I am not complaining about this game I thought I was not going to like the game after reading so many post about this and about that, about the game so I bought it and love it. I love the great story line and the beautiful graphics also and Veronica is funny and she does have a good heart the way she think of others first and even think of the animals and mammals also. All I can say about this game is that we really need more games like this one did you hear that Big Fishes? more games like this one okay .

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Oct 18, 08 1:29 PM
Good news about the Ancient Castle of Ireland!

We have fixed rare problem with the secret place (hidden room), where you need to pick up the arrow and scissors. On seldom PC configurations player was not able to take these objects. It was the case just for a few players.

99.99% of players don't have this problem and enjoy the game.

Within several days we'll update version of the game on .

Thanks again for you choice and patience!

[Post New]by Inkypoo on Oct 18, 08 4:22 PM
Having trouble with the camera in the trial version. Where do I click to take the picture? Cannot proceed. Help

Go to: