ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Apr 9, 10 2:09 PM
I played the CE demo of this game and I enjoyed it. Then I downloaded the $6.99 version of the game, and it started me off where I left off on the CE demo, but it stopped about 30 minutes, and said "thank your for playing the trial"). This is the first time this has happened. I have played the CE demo, and then the $6.99 demo of the same game when it came out. It also started me off where I left off on the CE demo, and it never stopped before. I think BF knows that the experienced HOG player could, or almost finsh the game in that amount of time. If so, there is no need to purchase the game. Or, this just could be something new BF has gotten (hip) to. Maybe they feel, (If you played 60 minutes of the CE, why do you need to play 60 minutes of the $6.99 version?). They came up with the CE of games for $19.99, which we all know was the orginal cost of their games anyway. But they added additional features to the CE. There are some games that you know when you get finished the demo, you will get the CE of the game, or the $6.99 version, or not purchase it at all.
However, I did like the game, and yes it is relaxing, interesting, and sort of easy to play. If nothing else gets my attention before I get my game credit, I might use it to get this game, just to finish it out.

dkuusisto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dkuusisto on Apr 9, 10 2:14 PM
Does anyone know how to do the 3 wine bottles. I tried everything and finally gave up and skipped it. I love the games that give you the option of timed or relax.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 9, 10 3:21 PM
I played the ce trial version and while I thought the game was interesting with good graphics, no timer, and all, after looking at the entire walk-through, I was sadly disappointed that this game, like so many others, contained something related to the occult-in this case astrological signs and those are not evident until near the end of the game. Therefore, a trial would not be sufficient as far as knowing such things were part of the game. I have no complaint about such references for those who like them. I just want to see more HOG and IHOG games without such references.

As for a timer or lack thereof, in my opinion all games should incorporate both. That way more gamers will enjoy playing, knowing their preference is included.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Apr 9, 10 3:29 PM
I bought the standard version and was wondering if the statues you need to place are in the regular game or only for the CE? I am already on the third ghost, so to speak, and forgot all about the statues until then. Anyone know? I think there were 12 in the CE version, but do not know about this one.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 9, 10 4:59 PM
I played the CE 1 hour demo and unlike the poster above, the regular version started me off back at the beginning. So, this demo went pretty quick for me since I had already played it in the CE version. It does stop before the hour is up, right after finishing up the cellar. I got a lot further in the CE and still hadn't gotten to the halfway point either time.

Overall an enjoyable game for me. The graphics weren't bad, nor was the music. There is a penalty for multiple clicking, but the hint button refreshing relatively quickly. Not sure about the replayability since the hidden objects were the same for me in the CE and the regular version. The storyline is a little odd, but there isn't really anything scary in it. I enjoyed the CE version, but wanted to wait for this one. The only CE I've felt was worth it was Briar Rose.

prn13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by prn13 on Apr 9, 10 5:09 PM
Hi Fishies,

This is the first time I ever reviewed a game. I bought Haunted Manor today and I loved it. I spent the whole day playing. I liked the story line and the graphics. The mini games where not to difficult. It peaked my interest all the way through. I am glad I waited for the regular edition. It is well worth the regular fee. I did not play collectors edition. I liked the relaxed mode.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Apr 9, 10 6:30 PM
Could not get into the game until I created a new player. Kept getting error message and game would shut down.

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Apr 9, 10 8:16 PM
Liked the graphics but that was about it. Not much of a challenge. All the puzzles were way too easy, HOGs were simple. Boring. Oh well.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Apr 10, 10 6:43 AM
Just finished the $6.99 version and loved it! Yes, most of the hidden objects are easy to spot and the mini-games are quite simple, but the length is good and some of the tasks were challenging and took a little thought and exploration to complete. My only criticism is with the lame dusting that must be done to access each room - could have done without that. All in all, a nice relaxing few hours of gameplay.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 10, 10 6:52 AM
ladygem6 wrote:I bought the standard version and was wondering if the statues you need to place are in the regular game or only for the CE? I am already on the third ghost, so to speak, and forgot all about the statues until then. Anyone know? I think there were 12 in the CE version, but do not know about this one.

I played the CE version so can't verify this for myself, but I have read elsewhere on the forum that the regular version does not have the figurines.

[Post New]by redladywolf55 on Apr 10, 10 8:03 AM
This is my first attempt at a review/comment so here I go

I like that you can "skip all" on the conversations (I will lose interest in a game real fast if I can't skip the conversations). I miss looking for the extra statue in the CE cause it was one more thing to look for .

I like HOG that you have to use what you find somewhere else in the game, it requires me to use my brain a bit more and is an extra element that I enjoy This one has that but doesn't go too over board with it (not all objects you find have to be used/go into your inventory).

The cleaning off the mirror before entering a room I don't really get. It seems like it is something to lengthen the game and burn up your time.

The hint seems to reload pretty fast but I didn't have to use it too much so that could be why it seemed like it went fast.

I got to the cut off point in the trial with 33 minutes left but completed the kitchen in the CE trial version. So it goes by pretty fast, for me.

I was a bit disappointed during the CE and this trial when my time was up so I want to use my credit for it but I have a hard time using a $6.99 credit for something I will play once (yes I am stingy LOL ). I love both HOG and TM games equally but I tend to use my credits on the TM cause I can play them more than once by having different levels of difficulty. If this game changed up the hidden items needed I would probably buy it but from what I have seen it is all the same items that the CE had.

Hope it was at least an O.K. review

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Apr 10, 10 8:51 AM
Can't get past the stupid clock sequence. If the developers can't think of anything better to do than make a clock practically impossible to set, I am almost through with this site. I always likes the large file games, but no one has developed one in such long period of time, I am getting tired of playing the stupid click and find ones while I wait for an intriguing one. You need to hire someone besides nerds. They are losing a lot of customers.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Apr 10, 10 8:58 AM
admiral1133 wrote:Can't get past the stupid clock sequence. If the developers can't think of anything better to do than make a clock practically impossible to set, I am almost through with this site. I always likes the large file games, but no one has developed one in such long period of time, I am getting tired of playing the stupid click and find ones while I wait for an intriguing one. You need to hire someone besides nerds. They are losing a lot of customers.

Impossible to set? You put the minute hand onto the 55 and then slowly rotate the hour hand counter-clockwise past the 12 and you are done. Not exactly rocket science if you ask me.

zoohouse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zoohouse on Apr 10, 10 9:17 AM
I found this game to be way too easy for my taste. Demo lasted only 45 min for me. Like others have said, **** are very easy to find and the mini games are not at all challenging. I think I'll pass on purchasing.

rumtmtiger
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by rumtmtiger on Apr 10, 10 10:28 AM
Just plain boring. Each chapter takes place in only one location and is very short. The puzzes or verrrry easy! I think I wasted my money.

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Apr 10, 10 10:31 AM
sure was excited to play this one but it just freezes my computer. oh well, too bad

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 10, 10 10:44 AM
Godolfin wrote:I kinda liked this game but based on the walkthrough I finished half of the game in my free hour so I'm not really gonna spend my credit on something that will only take another hour.

Sorry, but not possible, no one got 1/2 through in the demo. It only let's you go to the wine cellar in the demo, maybe a 1/3 or less the way through.

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Apr 10, 10 1:27 PM
I loved the game! It kept me hooked until the end!

mnkraut
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mnkraut on Apr 10, 10 1:42 PM
Definately worth a credit or $6.99. I got quite a few hours out of it and will buy the sequel. It was fun and lots of variety. I would have been upset if I purchased the collectors edition, however. for me.

[Post New]by barb1940texas on Apr 10, 10 3:32 PM
ChesterPepper79 wrote:While there was nothing particularly wrong with this game, I think maybe my expectations were a bit too high after reading the rave reviews in the Collector's Edition forum.

The graphics and music are well done. The story seems decent but it's easy to skip if you don't care about it. The game also looks like it's a good length.

My issue with the game was that I felt it got boring quickly. The hidden object scenes are full of obvious items, the mini games are incredibly easy and although the art is well done, the color palette is slightly dull, so it's never as interesting as it should be to move to a different room.

Personally, I uninstalled the game in 30 minutes but like I said, it had rave reviews in the other forum, so it's definitely worth a shot.

Go to: