MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors technical issues here only

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Apr 10, 10 10:25 AM
Having a program termination window open up. Tried to follow BF "HELP" to trouble shoot problem. Followed step by step even restarted my computer. UGH...need more help. Did this 3 times to no avail...any helpful hints would be appreciated.!!!!

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Apr 10, 10 10:29 AM
all this game does is freeze my computer and makes it hard to even shut computer off.

[Post New]by bunnyblues on Apr 11, 10 9:44 PM
I am having trouble with the minigames not working--won't let me click or drag pieces, etc. Two minigames so far.

[Post New]by Missybee131 on Apr 12, 10 10:17 AM
Will there be a new build for "Haunted Manor" to correct the problem in the cellar where it keeps crashing and when you go back on the game you have to repeat the whole scene again only to have it happen again and again. I would like to buy this game but not if the cellar is as far as I can go.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 13, 10 5:47 AM
I tried downloading the trial version and once downloaded it said my time had expired. I've never played this game so don't know why I got this message. Any solution?

[Post New]by kathymeme on Apr 13, 10 5:57 AM
I played the record to make the plant grow. It is supposed to release the fly swatter but I can't find it if the swatter was released. Any suggestions.

[Post New]by kathymeme on Apr 13, 10 6:09 AM
The fly swatter went to the inventory without me knowing it. I finally found it and can now continue the game.

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Apr 13, 10 4:04 PM
WARNING: Possible spoiler and venting..... I am really getting fed up with this game...... I've played the CE version of this game without a glitch and waited to see what others had to say about it. Based on what I read, I waited for the regular version as the extras weren't worth it. So I downloaded the regular version and got to the clock in the basement. I had the right time but it would NOT go onward. I exited out of the game, came to the forum and found others have been having issues as well. Someone said making the little hand go counter clockwise helped them and sure enough, it worked for me when I went back to the game. I thought ok a minor but frustrating glitch as I am using up my trial. I get to the wine cellar, go through and collect the shard, put it in the mirror and suddenly the game closes out thanking me for playing the demo yet telling me I have 22 minutes left. I have been a BF customer for 3 years and have NEVER had the problems with a game that I am having with this one. I know demos are for feedback and to get bugs out, but I think maybe BF needs to evaluate if it's more important to release a game on a daily basis or have the techies take more time with a game if it seems to have many bugs even if it means pushing back a release date. At this point, this game although easy for me and I enjoy the music, FX and such, the game stinks and I don't think I'll even consider buying it after this. Auuuggggghhhhh!

I take back my comment of having issues with this game like I have had with no other. I had issues with the Devil's Triangle game in one of the puzzles but many others had the same issue......

I thought that MAYBE it was a fluke thing so I went back into the game to see if it would let me play again after thanking me for playing the demo. It took me back to the basement where I had to clean off the mirror to get into the wine cellar which I had just fininshed playing. I proceeded to play it through again to get the shard and place it in the mirror only to have it thank me for playing the demo and closing out the game but also telling me how many minutes I had left. This happened 3 times so I gave up, left the game and uninstalled it.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 13, 10 4:57 PM
Hi fishies,

Sometimes trial versions expire early if there are missing necessary updates. Make sure to check the system requirements to see if your system and game are compatible. Here is a help article with more information Download a Trial Game.

If you have checked for updates on your video card drivers and/or Direct X in our help article and are unable to play mini-games or pass the wine cellar, you may want to try contacting Customer Support.

If you would like to attach a Dr. Felix to your email to Customer Support, it will help them find the cause of the problem. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get specific information about what is happening with the game. Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

Hope this helps!
bfgTigris

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 13, 10 8:46 PM
Tried downloading this trial version 3 different times and all 3 times it said my trial was expired. Tried again tonight and it went through. Have no idea what the problem was. Now I hope I like it after all the trouble I've had with it.

woz729
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by woz729 on Apr 14, 10 7:15 AM
The record in the study on top of the bookshelf is not there and I cannot move forward without finding it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still no luck.

[Post New]by sandier13 on Apr 14, 10 1:35 PM
I am stuck in the Wardrobe room.. I put the locket into the hat, but it did not give me the will, not do I see the hammer to break the vase... things just stopped.... Thanks

[Post New]by Glasskitty on Apr 14, 10 4:57 PM
I am working on the 7th shard. My task is to get a pen knife from the table to get a safe key. Just one problem - there is no pen knife on the table. It shows up on the walk through picture, but not on my game. boohoo

PJAH
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by PJAH on Apr 16, 10 12:13 PM
I'm stuck in the pantry. I can't get the nails off the boards.... I missed a few steps - and can't get out of this situation.... there is not a way to go back to the start of this scene.

caroleenh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by caroleenh on Apr 17, 10 4:00 PM
PJAH wrote:I'm stuck in the pantry. I can't get the nails off the boards.... I missed a few steps - and can't get out of this situation.... there is not a way to go back to the start of this scene.

caroleenh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by caroleenh on Apr 17, 10 4:02 PM
PJAH wrote:I'm stuck in the pantry. I can't get the nails off the boards.... I missed a few steps - and can't get out of this situation.... there is not a way to go back to the start of this scene.

Me too! Help!

[Post New]by DonnaTeach on Apr 18, 10 12:20 AM
caroleenh wrote:

I am also stuck in the same place. If you just happen to go to the cupboard first you can't get to the pliers you need to open it,and the game won't let you get back to the pantry room. The hint just says to open it,and we can't how do we get answers to our problems?

Edited on 04/18/2010 at 12:23:03 AM PST

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Apr 18, 10 1:51 AM
Fuses! - Luckily I'm still on the demo, however I picked up all 12 fuses from the box and when I came to fit them, only 7 appear. There's nothing left in my inventory. The other 5 have completely vanished!

[Post New]by mizellie on Apr 19, 10 6:38 AM
I made it to the Observatory and when i openned the window for the sun I found myself with an orbit with planets. the system seems to have stopped there as I cannot attach the sun nor can I find the other 6 planets. I cannot get out nor can I move forward, what should I do?

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Apr 19, 10 10:15 PM
DonnaTeach wrote:
caroleenh wrote:

I am also stuck in the same place. If you just happen to go to the cupboard first you can't get to the pliers you need to open it,and the game won't let you get back to the pantry room. The hint just says to open it,and we can't how do we get answers to our problems?

I am also have this problem.

Go to: