auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

Re:Journalist Journey: Eye of Odin

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 10, 10 7:48 AM
truckingirl wrote:I am doing the beta. Dialogue is slow but game is intriguing. But I am stuck. In her apartment. Need coin hint sends me to newspaper sun is circled. Brain fart as to figuring it out. Can you point me in the right direction?

Coins

Move your cursor around the empty shelves, lower let side of screen. Cursor will change and you can click it to take a closer look.

I pointed out to them in the survey that they need to work on the hints when you get down to the last HOG item.

Also mentioned about the slow dialog as well as cursor option and a few other things. Told the, that, in my opinion these are things that will make the game sell or not, so the ball is in their court.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 10, 10 7:49 AM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:Since when is Odin famous for his eye? I thought that was Horus.

Maybe it's a generational thing??

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 10, 10 8:41 AM
I think the game has potential but don't think it is ready for general release. I think the hints are so far off the mark that it isn't funny; the dialogue moves way too slow, and I hate to skip it because I do enjoy the story line, but it is so slow...I think a fifth grader could write it faster than they expect us to read it. i am a speed reader anyway, so really appreciate those games that allow you to move the dialogue on at your own pace.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 10, 10 11:05 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I think the game has potential but don't think it is ready for general release. I think the hints are so far off the mark that it isn't funny; the dialogue moves way too slow, and I hate to skip it because I do enjoy the story line, but it is so slow...I think a fifth grader could write it faster than they expect us to read it. i am a speed reader anyway, so really appreciate those games that allow you to move the dialogue on at your own pace.

Did you find the pepper?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 10, 10 12:13 PM
yes, I did, thanks to you, and of course the camera and the recorder then worked. I also found another forum that says you have to click on the item you are looking for and then the hint will show you where it is. But the game froze up and my comupter system shut it down at the spot where you had to find the clock hands. Everytime I clicked the clock hands it just stopped. I tried three times and gave up. I like the game otherwise, and will buy it when it comes out. Hope they fix the problems, though.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 10, 10 12:20 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:yes, I did, thanks to you, and of course the camera and the recorder then worked. I also found another forum that says you have to click on the item you are looking for and then the hint will show you where it is. But the game froze up and my comupter system shut it down at the spot where you had to find the clock hands. Everytime I clicked the clock hands it just stopped. I tried three times and gave up. I like the game otherwise, and will buy it when it comes out. Hope they fix the problems, though.

I specifically told them that if certain issues with the game remained upon it's release I would not be buying it, so the ball is in their court. If they don't resolve the issues, no biggie as I have plenty of games on my wish list so they are looking for my order more than I am looking for their game.

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Apr 10, 10 12:48 PM
I like the game so far other then the slow dialog. I dont want to skip it because I like to know whats going on but its sooo slow.

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Apr 10, 10 1:57 PM
I also told them about the slow dialog, also I had a flickering line at the bottom of the screen, very annoying. Plus the instructions were very vague. But I liked the game play. I hope gets it when it's cleaned up.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 10, 10 5:02 PM
This was my first ever Beta test and it was fun. The only "glitch" I had was the
coin in the apartment. The first three times I asked for a hint, it highlighted
the Daily Newspaper instead of the shelves. I did list this in the survey.

I really liked the game, and yes, the dialogue is too slow, but all in all I found it
a nice easy-to-medium IHOG with super graphics. Look forward to buying it
from BF.

Wish I could have done the Beta on Puppetshow. Waiting for that sequel for sure.

Is there a forum just for Beta tests? I thought there was, but couldn't find it, then
saw this thread.

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Jun 12, 10 12:16 AM
pretty forgettable. I skipped most every puzzle (the draw type) and the rest was pretty good. Never finished the demo.

[Post New]by gospeldj on Jul 2, 10 11:07 AM
I am having trouble getting past the "Hands on the Clock" that shows 8pm everytime i click on the clock hands my game locks up and quits, Any help out there. Thanks

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 2, 10 11:18 AM
Welcome to the pond gospeldj!

If your game is freezing and crashing, I recommend checking for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates are quick and almost always free. Here is a link to our help article with more information.

Game Freezing and Crashing

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

I’ve gone also ahead and moved this thread over to the full Game Forum to keep all of your questions and comments in one place. It's also the best place to connect with other players and get hints and tips!

Also, if you have a specific question, you can click the Advanced Forum Search under the Search All Forums. Here you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like "clock" and the posts with the word "clock" in it will pop up!

To find the forum for any game, just click on “All Game Forums” at the top of this page, and type in the game title you’re looking for.

Happy Gaming! (Sorry for the novel )

bfgTigris

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 4, 10 12:01 AM
gospeldj wrote:I am having trouble getting past the "Hands on the Clock" that shows 8pm everytime i click on the clock hands my game locks up and quits, Any help out there. Thanks

Unfortunately this is a glitch that has affected several people. The best thing to do is to get in touch with Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right column. They should be able to help one way or another.

I'm so sorry you've run into that--I know it's very frustrating!

Robin

[Post New]by MurphtheSquirt on Jul 8, 10 6:25 AM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:Since when is Odin famous for his eye? I thought that was Horus.

It's been a long time since I read any Norse mythology, but if I remember correctly, Odin had to give one of his eyes in exchange for something or to save something.

Murph

Go to: