minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

For BFG, my thoughts re: premium priced CE

[Post New]by minxs on Apr 12, 10 2:34 AM
Leaty wrote:
mtc413 wrote:Also, before I paste in what I've already written, I have a question for you BFG -- what's the price for this CE for non game-club members? Are we getting any type of discount at all for being loyal and regular purchasers of games from your site?

You can find the answer yourself - head over to the developer website (Playrix) and check the price. In short: no, it's the same price.

It also says 9 bonus levels... so I don't know where all this talk of 30 extra levels is coming from.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:For BFG, my thoughts re: premium priced CE

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 12, 10 4:20 PM
There are definitely 30 bonus levels, as I know people who have played those levels and who have actually seen them.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 12, 10 4:48 PM
My $.02 is that this is the first CE I have thought worth the money, even Dire Grove. I installed Saturday morning and I still have 1 1/2 islands to go, nevermind the bonus levels. I say all future CE's should have this much worth to them.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Apr 13, 10 1:37 AM
It becomes quite repetetive - but not the game as a such. It's the threads about "CEs are not worth the money and BFG shouldn't offer them".

So, instead of starting over with the many things I've said about CEs before, I'll just say this:

Nobody forces you to buy the CE, there's always the regular version around a few days later. If you don't like a CE, don't buy it!

But stop complaining about them, because some people (like me) like the fact that BFG offers CEs now. I don't want them to stop offering.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 13, 10 7:38 AM
b00kworm wrote:It becomes quite repetetive - but not the game as a such. It's the threads about "CEs are not worth the money and BFG shouldn't offer them".

So, instead of starting over with the many things I've said about CEs before, I'll just say this:

Nobody forces you to buy the CE, there's always the regular version around a few days later. If you don't like a CE, don't buy it!

But stop complaining about them, because some people (like me) like the fact that BFG offers CEs now. I don't want them to stop offering.

But would you not like them to improve on the offerings in the CE's? Royal Envoy is a different class from the other CE's offered and not one person that has purchased it has complained- well not one I have read- everyone seems over the moon with their purchase.

The other CE's- the forum comments are always full of folks feeling disappointed and wishing they waited.

If all CE's were the quality and value of Royal Envoy problem would be solved

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 7:39:37 AM PST

[Post New]by 16abigail96 on Apr 13, 10 11:38 AM
I second that GoveGirl.

[Post New]by LiQuiD117 on Apr 15, 10 12:39 PM
ebbalytle wrote: Having been a game buyer since the beginning of computer games, I have yet to see a game that doesn't come out this way and most of the online ones hit the market at $80 to $120 when they are first released.

ROFLMFAO.... im sorry, dude are you on DRUGS????? i really dont know where your buying your games buddy, but general new release games are between $39.99 and MAYBE up to $79.99 for a collectors edition which gives you PHYSICAL GIFTS you can touch!! the brand new C&C game for example is 49.99, and is ONLINE with add on content, and even a world creator for custom maps!! The last in a HUGELY popular succession of ongoing titles. (hence why they have made over 10 titles in the series)

$80 - $120... who is gonna buy a game for 120 bux????

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Apr 15, 10 1:12 PM
I remember when my house was worth 40,000 more than it is now - soooo things can be overvalued ... I can buy a book for 7.99 and read it for a longer period of time than a movie in a theater or a good IHOG, soooooo ... I can rent a redbox dvd for a buck and watch it for two hours, soooooooo ...
it is a matter of value - and just because someones questions the value of a CE doesn't mean that we should think they not have them Just make sure all the appliances are new and included in the purchase.

Let us use our credits, (yeah I know, its coooooooming) and release both editions at the same time. If they are worth $20, then they are worth it and releasing non CE version shouldn't make a difference in its worth. Already they are 'exclusive' to game club members only, so that is your game club perk.
ps. good on royal envoy for premium extra gameplay.
ppss. so good to see the 'gril' back!

edited for atrocious typos and missing words although there are probably still more, lol.

Edited on 04/15/2010 at 1:20:33 PM PST

[Post New]by ghosttracker72 on Apr 15, 10 1:14 PM
I have to agree with the "CE" description....When I bought the Collector's edition of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I got fancy packaging, extra footage, deleted scenes, and the "makings of" said Collectors Ediotion.

But regarding the actual game, what type is it, if no one minds my asking? Genre wise I mean?

Edited on 04/15/2010 at 1:15:44 PM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 16, 10 11:04 AM
Cptduzer wrote:
ps. good on royal envoy for premium extra gameplay.
ppss. so good to see the 'gril' back!

Yes to Royal Envoy
and thanks cpt

SantaBanana
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by SantaBanana on Apr 17, 10 5:39 PM
Does anyone remember Build-a-Lot 4: Power Source?

The main campaign had 45 levels. But on top of that, it had:

Challenge Campaign - 10 Levels
Expert Campaign - 10 Levels
Awards - 20+ goals

Each award had its own goal, such as:
- earning $50,000 in one level
- playing 7 levels without a blackout
- creating 500+ appeal
- constructing all the houses in one level
- building a unique structure on every lot

Since there were 20+ awards with specific goals, it was like having an additional 20+ levels.

So it had a total of 30 to 40 bonus levels -- all of that for the amazing regular price of $6.99! Not $19.95.

I don't understand why we have to pay an additional $13 for Royal Envoy's 30 bonus levels, when on Build-a-Lot 4, they were given as part of the game for FREE!

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Apr 18, 10 10:58 PM
This Collector's Edition game I am really enjoying. I love the story they give you in it. They even give you a picture of some of the people who worked on it. They are all huddled together in the picture on the steps it looks like. They even tell you about the characters and the storyline. I think they say this playrix game took like 19 months to complete and that there will be a sequel. So get ready. Maybe I should just copy and paste, lol. They say that playrix is mostly known for match 3 and playrix has a 100+ workers and about half of them were involved in the making of this game.

I think it is definitely worth it. Not only do you get I heard an extra 30 levels. You get exclusive details on the company who made it and information about the next one. There will be a farm in the next one and some kind of bird. I think a dove, but I can't be positive.

Though I will say this this game is even better than Fishdom, imo.

Edit: To the person above. It is like Buiild-A-Lot but it is not exactly the same. I think this game is much better and you have a lot of exclusive stuff in the CE some of which the big mouth (me) already told you about, but it is definitely worth the $19.95. I got Diner Dash Boom Ce and was disappointed with that. That only has 5 extra levels, but I am not disappointed with this. This has way more than that in terms of extra levels.

Edited on 04/18/2010 at 11:02:52 PM PST

For BFG, my thoughts re: premium priced CE

[Post New]by KrystalLady3626 on Apr 19, 10 3:14 AM
mtc413 wrote:First, let me just say this is not meant to be a flame towards anyone who decided to purchase this CE game. And it's not meant to be just some random whining to BFG either--but, I did want to share my thoughts regarding paying a premium price for a CE of any game that fits in the "casual gaming" sector of the software market.

Also, before I paste in what I've already written, I have a question for you BFG -- what's the price for this CE for non game-club members? Are we getting any type of discount at all for being loyal and regular purchasers of games from your site?

And now, on to the main post, lol.

I really did enjoy the 1 hour demo, and I started to rethink my decision to not buy it, but then another thought occured to me.

With the extra levels, I might, MIGHT, get 30 hours out of this game, assuming the extras are quite challenging. But, after you've beat a game like this, there is not much replay value (and I'm talking about after going through and redoing on "expert")

Or, for $40, I can go buy a major studio game, most of which have much more "regular" content, and then (at least most games) will have some sort of online multiplayer which gives the game such a vast amount of replay -- no 2 opponents are ever the same. A lot of others include the ability for people to make their own content (maps, scenarios, etc) which are then shared, giving 100s or even 1000s of extra scenarios, for free.

One game in particular that happened to be the first to come to mind (and I won't mention titles) cost me $40 to buy originally. After literally hundreds of hours of online play (not to mention the 50-60 hours of offline single player content), I bought an expansion pack for the game for an additional $20. For my $60 spent, I probably got something approaching a thousand of hours of gameplay.

So.... I stopped rethinking me decision about this game. I just can't see spending $20 for a "collector's edition" when it's going to give me 30ish hours of gameplay.

Finally, I have to laugh at the term "collector's edition" when talking about a downloaded game. To me, a CE includes a fancy retail box, nicely printed maps on poster quality/size paper, usually some type of little trinket (granted, it's usually worthless junk, but not always) etc... So, I just don't see how a downloaded game, that doesn't come with a single molecule of actual matter, can be considered a collector's edition.

i Totally agree..however I did buy the game.

charmedinc
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by charmedinc on Apr 19, 10 3:52 AM
Hi fishies, I bought Royal Envoy CE & am loving it. Just got started on the bonuslevels and yes, there's 30 of them. For me that was the reason to buy this CE. Yes $20 is a lot more than $7, so I won't buy CE's all the time. But still, this one I don't regret.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 12, 11 5:04 PM
Hey fishies, here's my two cents worth. I bought the SE when it came out (don't know where my head was when the CE came out) But I must say after owning for 2 PLUS years (I think) I have had MANY MANY hours of replay value with this game - as with the Timebuilders games) these games offer GREAT replay value and after reading all of the positive comments on the CE I may just go for it and use another credit to purchase the CE of this game I think it is just FAB! JMHO

Lean

[Post New]by johnsonfamnyc on Jan 5, 12 8:36 PM
I bought this CE game (my first CE) for $6.99 on 12/24/11. Big Fish was running some sort of special on CE's and I grabbed this one FAST! So, I have no complaints. I wouldn't pay more than $6.99 for a game here on BF as a club member. Sometimes it takes patience to wait for such a sale. In the meantime, I'll replay games I haven't played in a long time (like the first Royal Envoy) or download trials of games I haven't tried yet.

As for the "hours of gameplay". This has to depend on the person. For me...I go by days or, if it's good, weeks. Not "hours". I'm on the second week on this game and I see I have much more to go. It sure is lasting a while. I like that.

Go to: