Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:I like the new update BUT...

[Post New]by Debora1823 on Mar 15, 17 7:39 AM
Well, that didn't last very long..."the bravest lion around" has nothing to say

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 15, 17 8:09 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Needless to say, I'm a little anxious how in the world fairy tales ties in with witches, vampires, werewolves, gnomes, elves, goblins and all the other assorted residents of the Castle.

I'm holding off on playing the new content for a while, but just looking at the new crafted items told me everything.

I truly hate to be so pessimistic about a game I truly loved, but I think those bells ringing in my ears is the death knell of Midnight Castle as we knew it.

Ooh, just had a horrible thought...since the characters are in a play, hope it is not their final curtain!

mamarose1900
Catfish
Catfish
1,658 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Mar 15, 17 9:06 AM
I didn't read all of this thread because I'm not done with the new content. I don't want to accidentally read something to spoil the bits I haven't gotten to, yet.

But...I love fairy tales. My current fiction writing project is based on fairy tales, myths, and stories that are in the public domain. So I'm really enjoying the fairy tale tie-ins. Someone did mention that they didn't see how fairy tales fit in with vampires, werewolves, etc. Well, that's an easy answer--they're all parts of our collective mythologies. Fairy tales, Atlantis, things that go bump in the night, elves, werewolves, vamps. witches, and so on all are drawn from myths, legends, and stories that have magic, the paranormal, or the supernatural in them.

Anyway, I'm loving the new content so far.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

bigshrimpy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by bigshrimpy on Mar 15, 17 9:14 AM
What happened to the Expedition? I don't see the Rhyme or Reason for a Disney World connection. So Little For Such a Long wait.

bfgBellerophon
8,016 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 15, 17 12:07 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post in this thread their feedback and suggestions regarding the latest update. Since changes made within our games are made outside the Moderation Team, I've gone ahead and passed along the contents of this entire thread to the appropriate Midnight Castle teams. We will continue to advocate for the players by passing along any feedback, suggestions, concerns, and then relaying information brought to our attention from those teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we ask posts be specific to Midnight Castle. If you have any questions, please PM any of the Active Moderators. We are always happy to help.

bfgBellerophon

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,974 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 15, 17 2:06 PM
I haven't gotten there yet, but I was quite stunned to read about Wizard of Oz characters being included.
First veering hard to starboard into Atlantis, & now up the funnel into Oz ……???

They just keep going farther & farther off the rails with the story.

I sure hope they didn't just "jump the shark" !

[Post New]by snowdrop46 on Mar 16, 17 4:14 AM
Wonderful new update! Lots of new scenes and characters and plenty of variety. Well done devs! And to all you complainers - it is a free game!

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,962 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 16, 17 4:45 AM
Desertdruid wrote:I haven't gotten there yet, but I was quite stunned to read about Wizard of Oz characters being included.
First veering hard to starboard into Atlantis, & now up the funnel into Oz ……???

They just keep going farther & farther off the rails with the story.

I sure hope they didn't just "jump the shark" !

Or with so many Lewis Carroll characters now around we will go "Hunting the Snark"
Which is a thankless task!

tutorqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by tutorqueen on Mar 16, 17 4:50 AM
The graphics are nice, but the new story line has come to a screeching halt after only 2 days of play. Now waiting the friendly lion to be updated before I can see where this story line goes. Do miss the the original story line too. Very costly buying up all the new pieces. Glad I built up my money reserves while waiting for this update to come through.

dearabbi
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by dearabbi on Mar 16, 17 12:48 PM
I enjoyed my trip through fairy tale land. All too soon the journey ended. The good news? I am still a millionaire!

HennyMarie
Clownfish
Clownfish
656 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Mar 16, 17 4:19 PM
In the museum of tales.. have you tryed to poke the chair at the table?

mamarose1900
Catfish
Catfish
1,658 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Mar 17, 17 12:15 PM
The Wizard of Oz and the Lewis Carroll stories are in the public domain now. They're fair game for anyone who wants to write about them. So are H.G. Wells' stories, Peter Pan, Frankestein, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, etc. Sherlock Holmes', too, but he would be stretching the myth/fairy tale/fantasy theme quite a lot to include him in Midnight Castle. It's hard to say what they'll decide to include in the future, but there's plenty of material to draw from for inspiration. If it weren't for Disney and Warner Bros. efforts to keep Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny under their thumbs, we'd also have Middle Earth and Narnia to play in because they'd be public domain under the old copyright laws.

gamelover57
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by gamelover57 on Mar 18, 17 8:19 AM
I have been thinking long and hard about the new update. People seemed disturbed that the story line is taking us in a new direction and seemingly leaving the old one behind. I believe that the Ghostly Messenger has something to do with the change. I believe that fairy tale land is just an illusion to throw us off his trail. I think that we will eventually catch up to him and discover that he has thrown up a smoke screen while he goes and does bad things in the castle. I have hope that one day we will see where he is leading us and the mystery will be solved.

BTW...I love the fairy tales.

MiniCleo
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by MiniCleo on Mar 18, 17 8:40 AM
gamelover57 wrote:I have been thinking long and hard about the new update. People seemed disturbed that the story line is taking us in a new direction and seemingly leaving the old one behind. I believe that the Ghostly Messenger has something to do with the change. I believe that fairy tale land is just an illusion to throw us off his trail. I think that we will eventually catch up to him and discover that he has thrown up a smoke screen while he goes and does bad things in the castle. I have hope that one day we will see where he is leading us and the mystery will be solved.

BTW...I love the fairy tales.

Agree!! I think Hansel & Gretel are going after the Ghostly Messenger, so we're not that far off the story line. I haven't finished the update yet though so I don't know how it ends.

I like the introduction of new characters & as always the graphics are awesome. I never really got into the puzzles anyway, -only finished one- so any changes there haven't impacted my play.

I'm going to stay optimistic about the livelihood of MC! It has kept me distracted from some unhappiness & stress that I won't bore you with, but I think many of you understand that aspect of the game.

In any case, enjoy what you can & ignore the rest AND hope for the best!

Cleo =^.^=

Edited on 03/18/2017 at 8:42:24 AM PST

mamarose1900
Catfish
Catfish
1,658 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Mar 19, 17 2:05 PM
I've finished the update and I still love it. It's whimsical, fun, and funny. I laughed out loud in spots. And that's really what I need right now. I do not need doom and gloom.

I wish they'd left all of the characters in their fairy tale costumes because they made me laugh. I thought their choices of which game character would be which tale character were perfect.

Anyway, kudos to the developers on this one.

BAPPLE
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Mar 19, 17 4:47 PM
I have only just started as I am paying as I go but I love it so far . The art work and animation is superb. To me Gretel is a Warrior Princess . I expect her to fight some kind of evil in the future. I am ever so optimistic that BF will weave this story into the previous one and the castle will be dangerous with many tales to tell.

playingthegame
Salmon
Salmon
2,962 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 20, 17 3:02 AM
A "Blast from the Past" (June 2014 by "another serious" gamer)

I believe that Midnight Castle is still in development by Elephant Games, so they are adding new content and story all the time. I've played another free-to-play game that is also still in development, and has been for eight years. That other game can take months (six, seven, or more -- one time there was a two year period with no changes) to add new content, so to me, the pace of new content to Midnight Castle is pretty remarkable. Also, they are most certainly listening to player feedback, and seem to be receptive to changing things based on that feedback.

As true today as it was then!

Jenn41
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

I like the new update BUT...

[Post New]by Jenn41 on Mar 20, 17 10:19 PM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:I hope the story gets tied in with the original story leading up to level 74. Don't throw shoes at me, but I felt like I was playing the trial version of a different game.

As always, absolutely beautiful graphics in the Fairy Forest, HOSs and ZZs, but I don't quite get it ...and let the shoe-throwing commence

For a while there I thought I had fallen down the Rabbit hole

Jennifer*

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 21, 17 8:33 PM
I'm a bit confused...this is the oddest "stopping point" I've seen - I have Valeria permanently sitting on the left side of the screen where active quest givers are since I am in mid-quest with her...and no way to wrap things up since the "lion" isn't talking...

I'm used to the dev's leaving things hanging, but not with an active quest giver icon sitting there all the time on the screen. Guess I'll just have to scroll around her when I do Destiny Key quests or something...

Hope we don't have long to wait...

~Linn

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 22, 17 6:33 AM
You might not like this but what if....the devs were getting so depressed at us all moaning they decided to lighten up on the storyline.After all happy workers are more productive & we sure need that.

Go to: