Level 36

pusskat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Level 36

[Post New]by pusskat on Apr 23, 17 7:53 AM
Please, please, please, pleasssssse Mr Developer, fix this game, before I go absolutely stirr crazy!!!!!!!

[Post New]by FlamingJune1967 on Apr 24, 17 9:19 AM
Same problem here. It really ruins a game for me if there is a level I cannot get 3 stars on. "Impossible" is not fair play! I too have tried multiple strategies and no matter what there is never enough food.

[Post New]by 3indianduckss on Apr 26, 17 5:45 AM
Looking at the construction of the game and knowing that it is impossible I have a thought - should the pond in the centre have a goldfish because that would make it doable.

123mikey321
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by 123mikey321 on Apr 27, 17 10:02 PM
I've posted and checked back multiple times to see if there has been a solution to this level. Can't the devs see how many times this post has been viewed? Come on, do something or you are going to be on my list of games to never try again, and I've played most all and have enjoyed them.

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on Apr 29, 17 6:22 PM
I agree with the food shortage, seems like they forgot to put in a source or a different bonus. Three stars on everything till now without looking for hints. This one I was so far off I figured I was missing something obvious...

[Post New]by mamamerganser on May 4, 17 5:28 AM
This level is impossible. Is there a treasure chest or a place to fish somewhere? I finished every other level on gold but this one isn't even close. Anybody made it yet?

pusskat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Fix for Level 36

[Post New]by pusskat on May 6, 17 6:54 AM
Hi folks,

reluctant as I am to "cheat" BUT...

There is a way to get gold here.

I post this as the developers are not providing a fix.

I guess you good folk are completing this game in about 3min 15 secs same as me.

Fix the Viking Brothers 2\Data\config\levelbalance.ini file.

Find [level_35] and change goldtime to 196

Yes, the levels here are numbered from 0 NOT 1 so correct!

good luck

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by hyperbole on May 6, 17 9:14 AM
Thank you, pusskat! Since an "honest" gold time seems to be impossible for this level, I was hoping someone would post this. It's not really "cheating", it's fixing a mistake the developers made.

Edit: You might have to give yourself permission to edit the file in order to save your changes. In Windows 10 right click on the levelbalance file and click properties. Under the Security tab, click Edit and give all users full control.

Edited on 05/06/2017 at 9:39:51 AM PST

grndpiano
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by grndpiano on May 9, 17 3:46 PM
Yep pusskat, that worked for me as well. Thank you!

skydad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by skydad on May 15, 17 11:26 AM
Clearly something wrong as this is one of the easiest strategy games. It really does not get much if any harder as you go along.

[Post New]by Sore_eyes on May 31, 17 5:36 AM
Hi Pusscat & Hyperbole - brilliant you've worked out a fix, but as a certified very old person I've no idea where to find or how to access the Data/config/levelbalance.ini file - I can only confirm that I don't have the data to configure my personal level balance as this has been driving me insane!!!! xxx Sore_eyes

[Post New]by NDSeamstress on Jun 1, 17 4:55 AM
You would think with so much discussion about this level they would take the hint and do an update. I am like sore eyes and have no idea how to use the "fix" that has been suggested.

It seems to be in pour customer service that they don't either reply or fix it or both.

Big Fish where are you?

mariekje71
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by mariekje71 on Jun 6, 17 10:37 AM
I tried the change in the file but it is not working!! please help. I can save it but nothing works........ The time is not adjusting. Again I saved it...

Edited on 06/06/2017 at 10:38:39 AM PST

pamvan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by pamvan on Jun 6, 17 1:03 PM
I am having the same problem as the rest of you. I can get to the file, but when i try to save it I get the message I do not have permission. I am the administrator for this pc so I don't know what else to do. I'm getting tired of this. Have gold on all other levels thus far. Guess I'll move on and hope someone comes up with a solution that works for me!

ak6491
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ak6491 on Jun 10, 17 10:03 AM
So frustrating!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jun 10, 17 2:50 PM
Same as pamvan and others, can't change the goldtime in the .ini because I don't have "permission" and trying to work around that is unsuccessful. Annoying, right? So many complaints, why doesn't this get taken care of?

[Post New]by Lambys2 on Jul 11, 17 9:06 PM
I am down to a time of 3:04 and that is still far below the time needed to get Gold. There is definitely something "off" with this level since I was able to get Gold on the levels before and after this with plenty of time to spare.
I like the upper levels to give me a challenge; I love to replay them enough to get the timing just right. This level is just annoying. Developers PLEASE fix it!

[Post New]by GameGirlGeorgia on Nov 2, 17 3:59 PM
There HAS to be a fishing pond or another source for food. Otherwise, you cannot get gold on this level. Really frustrating!!!

[Post New]by daomatrix on Jan 3, 18 8:05 PM
I have completed every single level with 3 stars, including the majong levels, and when I click on Bonus Game or Levels or whatever, it tells me that I must complete the Basic levels first. DONE THAT! With all 3 stars! WTF?! Anyone have any ideas on what I'm missing?

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 8:05:27 PM PST

[Post New]by Balfie on Jan 9, 18 2:59 AM
Can't get gold here either. Reluctant to cheat but see no alternative.

Annoyed

Go to: