Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Love & Death ™: Bitten ™

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Apr 13, 10 6:18 AM
To scarlett, the thermometer thingy when throwing the rocks had in fact a very good purpose..namely you had to try and throw your rock when you were right in the hot spot on the thermometer, then you would have finished much faster, sorry to say but everything in the game has a purpose (up to where I played) wether you liked it or not..and there was a skip button on the color wall puzzle, I couldn't figure it out either and was able to skip that one. So something tells me either you were going through it to fast and missed a lot of things or your game glitched. Maybe this one is just not for you, seems you like the more straight HOG's.

I just finished playing the demo and it's a buy for me. Loved everything in it so far, it's more of an adventure then a HOG and I love that. Love the HOG scenes and the transitions to that too, it's something different then the run of the mill HOGS..in fact I was beginning to become a bit HOG tired and was already looking for another genre to buy, but this one will defintily be bought by me.

I guess the Dev's can't please everyone, so many people so many tastes, it would be quite impossible. But they did please me with this game.

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 6:19:25 AM PST

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Apr 13, 10 6:32 AM
Does this have to be played in TM? I don't like timed games.

[Post New]by angelaenjoek on Apr 13, 10 6:49 AM

played it al ready, and I loved it very very much.

only now I'm finished

I hope there wil be another game like this one.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Apr 13, 10 6:53 AM
ok Fisshies, after demo for a whopping 20 minutes it's a BUY!
Finally a decent IHOG--was wondering if I was going to get one of these this month.
Cartoon cutouts but sharp graphics.
Music is ok--but I usually turn it off anyway.
Would like to change curser, but thats me.
Decent games/puzzles & not too complicated (since my DH banned me from WT for the time being)
I would say about 4-5 hours at a leisure pace.
Content is Vampires (duh) which is the fad lately.
I would give it 4.5 out of five & well worth a nice rainy afternoon.

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Apr 13, 10 7:08 AM
just played the trial and enjoyed it... trying to play without using hints to prolong enjoyment. At last a good game as must agree with others there havnt been any decent games for a while, so well done bigfish. thanks also to all you fishes who posted your comments as it made me try it.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Apr 13, 10 7:14 AM
Although some objects are on the smaller side, everything else about this game makes up for that. The fact that I only got an eighth of the way through the game on my hour demo makes this a nice lengthy game with wonderful interaction and great graphics. It's a buy for me. Love it. /out of 5

sylmide
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sylmide on Apr 13, 10 7:19 AM
Me, still undecided it has not grabbed me like Dire Grove and others to buy straight after hour demo.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 13, 10 7:25 AM
I love it. I bought it right away. Mentalisilver, I agree with you. The thermometer thing I have played before in other games. Have you tried Voyage? It is a good game and has these meters.

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Apr 13, 10 7:26 AM
paco12348 wrote:Does this have to be played in TM? I don't like timed games.

Nope it's not timed at least not where I could see when I was playing..could finish every scene at my own leisure.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 13, 10 7:40 AM
I have been waiting for this to come out! From the graphics alone, it looks like a buy! Can't wait to try!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Apr 13, 10 7:43 AM
Its interesting I think - since I first started playing, games have changed so much. We now have straight HOGs, IHOGS (that's a new term) and now the adventure/IHOGS and those that are like large file games - Millennium Secrets for example. And match 3 games with Hog elements. Do we need a whole set of new genre names here?
Those of us who like a whole adventure style story with puzzles and HOG elements will love this game. So what's this kind of game called?
It is def my favorite, I wait with anticipation for them.
And still having giggle about the TM's above death and bitten. Can death be trade marked? I guess bitten is trademarked cos of the Twilight obsession.

[Post New]by angelaenjoek on Apr 13, 10 7:45 AM
bbelle wrote:I love it. I bought it right away. Mentalisilver, I agree with you. The thermometer thing I have played before in other games. Have you tried Voyage? It is a good game and has these meters.

witch game is that voyage, I like to try it too

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 13, 10 8:08 AM
angela, it is by The Adventure Company and is says "Inspired by Jules Verne. The game is VOYAGE. Big Fish has It here.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Apr 13, 10 8:10 AM
Played the demo for 15 minutes - love the theme, love the gameplay, great graphics, so so music, not so good voice overs but one of the most interesting games to come out in awhile now. Definitely buying. Only down side, doesn't appear that you can go back to see if you collected all the golden leaves. On things like that, I prefer to have it show how many are in each scene. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Apr 13, 10 8:23 AM
Haven't played Voyage no, it's not available for Mac I belief.

But I played games that have a game mechanism like that on other sites so I know how to use them.

Well bought the game. Still had 2 credits from last month so used one of those. Now still have 3 credits to spend.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Apr 13, 10 8:24 AM
I was one of the lucky ones who got to beta this game a few weeks ago, and I've been eagerly waiting for it to be released ever since then... playing the limited beta version several times in anticipation while I waited... and ran off and bought it the moment I found it here today.

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

ladybit2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ladybit2 on Apr 13, 10 8:30 AM
[b]i am just downloading the free demo so after seeing everyones comments all good ones i shall buy this game love the bfg games very interesting especially the hidden object ones happy gaming everyone and have fun

kimflight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kimflight on Apr 13, 10 8:44 AM
I am thoroughly enjoying this game and just bought it. The other reviews posted earlier describe it well, so I'll forgo that. Well worth the buy.

4.5 / 5

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 13, 10 8:47 AM
Count me in as one who is enjoying this game enough to purchase it. And for every reason already stated above.

loo49
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by loo49 on Apr 13, 10 9:12 AM
I'm offff....I'm offff....I'm offff to buy this game. After all of these fantastic reviews I'll buy it sight unseen.

Go to: