floyddee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Welcome to Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer forum

[Post New]by floyddee on May 1, 10 7:39 PM
wasn't there a strategy guide available also when this game first premiered?

floyddee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by floyddee on May 1, 10 7:44 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:There is nothing to do with the piano.
I have posted a step-by-step walkthrough for getting out of the rehearsal room, and there is a stickied full walkthrough as well.

where is this walkthrough? i got to the one on gameboomers but it isn't helping me...i do everything it says and still can't get out of the dang rehearsal hall.
ARGHHHH!!!!

Edited on 05/01/2010 at 7:44:57 PM PST

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on May 1, 10 8:24 PM
floyddee wrote:
I have posted a step-by-step walkthrough for getting out of the rehearsal room, and there is a stickied full walkthrough as well.

where is this walkthrough? i got to the one on gameboomers but it isn't helping me...i do everything it says and still can't get out of the dang rehearsal hall.
ARGHHHH!!!!

Try the walkthrough from the site that begins with three initials-hints. I too kept going through the steps and when I'd try to leave, no go. I apologize that I don't remember exactly what I did to finally get out of there, but it was either going back to the plank or mirrors around victim. For the plank with the number 1793 on it, I took a pix of it before I placed it in an evidence bag (besides, wouldn't it be a much clearer pix outside of a bag!), but don't think it was a close up, so when I tried again close up, after it was in the evidence bag, she took another one. Right click your plank in the evidence bag and it should give you a close up view of the plank + #'s and then try to take another pix. If it lets you, that was it and you should be able to leave now! Also, even though you can easily see the #'s on the plank, she has to acknowledge them to you before game will move on. Try this site against what you have already done, I found it a little more detailed on the rehearsal room section than the gameboomers. If you are still having trouble, I'll go back to game and play that section, I think if I get back in that room, I'll remember! Once you get out of that room and back to your hotel, the game does progress smoothly...at least until the tire tube...Oh! and save often, because Nicole can (and for me anyway, frequently does) die and there are no 'second chances' as in ND games.

[Post New]by bumblenut2 on May 4, 10 12:58 PM
I can not get the flippin marker pen to work with the tyre help

[Post New]by jibsoz3 on May 5, 10 3:08 PM
Hi
I am having trouble getting the tyre to thee fountain the air runs out before I get there.
It is such a long way

ELIZABEAD
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by ELIZABEAD on May 6, 10 5:15 PM
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I followed the walkthrough exactly, but when I try to throw the anchor on rope over the wall, she says"Why would I do that? I haven't gone to the port yet." I don't know what the port is. It is not mentioned in the walkthrough. I have gone to the harbor and gotten everything there, but where is the port?

ELIZABEAD
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by ELIZABEAD on May 7, 10 9:23 PM
Can anyone help me? I do not know where the port is. She keeps telling me I can't throw the rope over the wall until I go to the port. I have gone to the harbor. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

the piano room escape

[Post New]by FeyKina on May 11, 10 10:17 PM

I have played many games like one and fell pretty confident (even after reading a walkthrough) that i have done everything in the first room with the dancer. I even re-played from the beginning doing everything possible. Yet when I try to leave the guard will not say goodbye. I am stumped, Mr Russ, is your walkthrough more comprehensive ? where is it posted?
Any advice would be nice!
thanks...

hey I just found your post and hints will try again

Edited on 05/11/2010 at 10:21:20 PM PST

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 11, 10 10:32 PM
I had the same problem. About tore my hair out. I went back over and over. It turned out one of pictures I thought I had taken didn't work so after reclicking on all clues I finally did it. I retook all pictures. Use the {?} buttton to see all spots you should investigate.

Then, you have to give all evidence to cop at door. Look down to lower left and see if there is conversation to click on as you have to talk to him. If no conversation go back to room. I am a ways ahead of you in this game. It is really good once you get going.

Edited on 05/11/2010 at 10:34:04 PM PST

[Post New]by sgerbes on May 15, 10 8:10 AM
How do I get the hole in the tire marked with the marker? I have had her acknoldge that she found the hole but it will not allow me to mark it so I can patch it.

[Post New]by sgerbes on May 15, 10 8:12 AM
jibsoz3 wrote:Hi
I am having trouble getting the tyre to thee fountain the air runs out before I get there.
It is such a long way

After you fill the tire with air back out of the close up and double click to make her run to the fountain

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 15, 10 8:14 AM
I just finished game. This step took me about 20 tries. You have to finish finding hole and marking it BEFORE your tire goes flat. That means back to garage and double click to make her run back and hurry hurry hurry. You will eventually get it but it's tough.

matthew06
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by matthew06 on May 20, 10 12:12 PM
have no idea where to post a question on this game. I am stuck on fixing the motorcycle. I know there's supposed to be a flat key that should have been on the boards by the motorcycle. Can't find it. tried going backwards and starting with the antiquarian bookstore guy and got the garden key again, but still no flat key. I thought it meant the wrench, but that doesn't seem to work. anyone know what I'm doing wrong??
Thanks so much

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on May 20, 10 8:39 PM
matthew06

It is a flat key wrench you are looking for.at the bookshop.

Use the garden key to the back door

Motorcycle wheel is on the ground. The flat key wrench is on top of the wood at right.

[Post New]by nerdymak on May 30, 10 3:47 PM
Even though I figured everything out I cant leave the first building! Arg! Frustration! If anyone else had this problem and figured it out let me know.

[Post New]by Bibout on Jun 6, 10 1:46 PM
HELP. Love the game but sstuck at the hotel. I've sent all info to the office then received a call from the french Inspector. I cannot go to the new crime scene. What am I missing?
Who can help me get out of this hotel?
Thanks, Merci.
Berny.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 7, 10 7:27 PM
Hi Folks

I had downloaded and was going to test-drive this game but after looking at all the problems (both technical and people-wise), I think that I am just going to trash it and move on.

Once again, folks, I appreciate the time everyone takes in posting their reviews.

MEnr56

[Post New]by teresal123 on Jun 8, 10 7:12 PM
blueyedsiren wrote:I'm stuck in Jack Dupree's apt (2nd time through window)...I've done/investigated everything there is to do over and over and when I turn the hooks to the right positions nothing happens and they turn themselves back to the original position. I've tried this numerous times according to every tips/tricks site I could find on the the internet and nothing is different. Did I miss something?

[Post New]by teresal123 on Jun 8, 10 7:17 PM
teresal123 wrote:
blueyedsiren wrote:I'm stuck in Jack Dupree's apt (2nd time through window)...I've done/investigated everything there is to do over and over and when I turn the hooks to the right positions nothing happens and they turn themselves back to the original position. I've tried this numerous times according to every tips/tricks site I could find on the the internet and nothing is different. Did I miss something?
my name is tersa i cannot get the hooks to open anything or do anything please help

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Jun 9, 10 10:03 AM
Ok, lets review. You have the keys with flashlight, allen wrench, paper with colored numbers. You click on the key again to get light from the keys with flashlight (That was my problem). Did you pull the drawer out all the way?

You have the colored numbers - 52314 Match the colors of the numbers to the compass paper.

Turn the 5th hook with allan wrench to red to SW - bottom a little to right.
2nd hook - blue - NW, 3 = green - SE, 1 = Black-W, 4= Pink, NE

walkthrough posted by picman - http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcAa/Artofmurder2/ArtofMurder2.htm

Go to: