Leaty
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer

[Post New]by Leaty on Apr 14, 10 11:16 AM
Couldn't help but had a real good laugh at the warning description:
Warning: Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer contains some graphic content.
Really? Hummm... which game doesn't?

... and yes, I'd figured for myself that something along the lines of an "explicit" was missing. Still, thanks for the laugh - I needed one.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 14, 10 11:24 AM
Alright I got through the demo, now have to wait for it to endlessly download. I wish it was the weekend so I can really get into this game. I loved the first one.

I had to go to a walkthrough but when I did it was a Homer Simpson moment, doh!

The graphics are really nice, enjoy the snarky thoughts back at the frenchman,
This looks like a very long game, so I am looking forward to it. I hope other people buy it so we can be stuck together!

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Apr 14, 10 11:40 AM
gamineannie wrote:Well, I played about fifteen minutes of the demo, and could not do more than take two photos of the victim, talk to the unpleasant French detective and the more unpleasant boss and wonder what next? . . .

Will NOT be buying this one, as I generally do not like games that make me feel completely stupid and do not provide any help or hints to get me over the points the creators feel should be intuitive for players, but are not so for me. . . Too much painful "play" for me!

I feel exactly the same!! I couldn't figure out how to pick up the doll, even though the game indicated I should. NOT buying this one

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 14, 10 11:51 AM
Am twiddling my thumbs...only at 39%. C'mon, hurry up computer.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 14, 10 12:08 PM
Thanks for the reviews! Although I'm usually not much into adventure games anymore (too impatient), I tried it out, and this one seemed to lead me into the game smoothly, with quite usual tasks at first, as talking to that Inspector, then look around, then collect everything... well, maybe in this case..

The reviews also made me look for this re. 'navigation':
+ You can stop both the (several) intro scenes and the end scenes with ESC.
+ Right click on an inventory item makes her give a description, which often contains a hint.
+ If you double click on the girl when she's walking somewhere, she'll start to run and move faster.

And I appreciated it that the game reminded me of saving my game progress, when I left!

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 14, 10 12:10 PM
59%

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 14, 10 12:19 PM
69%

Hey thanks for the navigation tips! I'm gonna use them someday. soon.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 14, 10 12:38 PM
gamineannie wrote:Well, I played about fifteen minutes of the demo, and could not do more than take two photos of the victim, talk to the unpleasant French detective and the more unpleasant boss and wonder what next? So I quit the demo and figured I'd check for reactions here. Only now my demo time has expired, even though I had stopped the game, or so I thought.
Will NOT be buying this one, as I generally do not like games that make me feel completely stupid and do not provide any help or hints to get me over the points the creators feel should be intuitive for players, but are not so for me. Besides the full version file is ginormous! Too much painful "play" for me!

I completely agree with gamineannie especially about not liking games "that make me feel completely stupid and do not provide any help or hints to get me over the points the creators feel should be intuitive for players, but are not so for me."

I've come across other games that do the same thing, like "Mushroom Age". There are no skips or hints for the puzzles and every-time you do them wrong you'll see "WRONG!" How helpful is that??? And in order to progress in the game you have to keep repeating the puzzle until you do get it right. If you can't get it, you're just out of luck and won't be able to finish the game! That is such a shame because other than that, games like "Mushroom Age" are really good.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 14, 10 12:39 PM
HeeHee, 90%

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Apr 14, 10 12:52 PM
hannah57 wrote:I really enjoy these types of games and there is a walkthrough on gameboomers. I don't understand why coronagold would state he/she hates these games but doesn't explain why. Why bother even commenting if you hate these games, just find something you like and play that.

That's what a review is for, so others can get feedback on how others feel about games.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Apr 14, 10 1:06 PM
For frustrated and irritated gamers who find themselves not knowing what to do next, google for some walkthroughs. There are quite a few walkthrough sites out there that are a wonderful help. I rarely get through a game without resorting to one. There's one site, in particular, I like because it gives you graduated hints and nudges without giving away the store.

There's no fun in being stumped so check a walkthrough to get over a tough spot or impossible puzzle. I won't play a game that doesn't have a walkthrough. It's my ace in the hole!!!

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Apr 14, 10 1:35 PM
[b]I can't say I hate this game but don't understand it. I couldn't get through the first one after buying it. But figured I can always go back and finish it later, when I run out of other games to play. I probably won't buy this one at least till I finish the first. I too felt like I was running around in circles and didn't get very far without the first walkthrough, so I would need the walkthrough for this one also. I do love the graphics. And after getting the dialogue going it was pretty good. Sure not your typical love story is it?

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 14, 10 1:47 PM
I havent played yet but do already own Art of Murder: FBI Confidential. Was wondering if this is of the same genre? If anyone knows would appreciate a post. Cant play the trial yet as it is daytime and I have a hard time with the "dark" games (Dracula comes to mind! :-) TY BFG for coming out with this. It has been ALOT of kid games for the past 2-3 weeks. Having said that..... CANT WAIT FOR VV 4 played it for free on IWIN and it is another buy for me!!

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Apr 14, 10 2:15 PM
lackoo wrote:
Coronagold wrote:I absolutely hate games like this.

lwjarvis wrote:I tried this game and I can truly say I HATE IT.

May i ask why ?

I'm wondering the same thing. If someone doesn't like a game it's just as nice to know as it is if they do. A little more info would be helpful since I always check the game forum reviews to see what others are saying (likes and dislikes) in helping me determine whether it's worth trying or buying. I'm sure other people check the forums for reviews as well.

[Post New]by cadesparks on Apr 14, 10 2:31 PM
Ok... I guess you either love em or hate em... but I was super excited to try out this game because of the title and story. I love trying to catch a really twisted serial killer. But I was lost and confused in the first 20 minutes and uninstalled. The "movie" parts giving you background were jerky. The only place I saw was the initial locations and never got through it. No clues what to do or how to do it. Screens were very dark, however I'm assuming that would have improved had I figured out the fuse box thing.

Overall, didn't like it at all. Sorry.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Apr 14, 10 3:12 PM
Ok have figured it out. It IS Same type of game (same people) as Art of Murder:FBI confidential. I LOVE these games. Law & Order are another good set of games like this. I don't know what RFG? & LFA? stand for, I don't even know what the "I" in IHOG stands for (got the hog = hidden object game he he!) But I love these tough games you can usually count on at least 12 or more hours of game play. Can't wait til it gets dark to play!! Thanks again

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Apr 14, 10 4:12 PM
Thanks for the reports, downloading demo now and very happy to try this one. I will be bringing up the walkthrough as my assistant

cherzy13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by cherzy13 on Apr 14, 10 5:42 PM
I HAVE TO SAY THAT ONLY PLAYED THIS GAME FOR 15 MIN. AND ABSOLUTELY HATED IT!!! I HAVE ALL THE OTHERS, BUT I WOULDN'T KEEP THIS GAME EVEN IF IT WERE FREE - I WOULDN'T WASTE THE SPACE.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 14, 10 5:45 PM
Has anyone noticed that all these Large File Games are older titles that have been previously released in the stores?

dorvisbunn
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Just finished the demo. Looks like lots of game play ahead

[Post New]by dorvisbunn on Apr 14, 10 6:05 PM
Just finished the demo. This game is quite hard. I love it. I assume it will provide many hours of game play. I don't want a game that gives me constant hints. I'm pleased to see there is a walkthrough to resort to if I get really frustrated. Navigation is fun and different. I'm curious as to how long this game really is? Anyone finished it?

Go to: