bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Re:Post any Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 15, 10 9:55 AM
Hey Fishies,

64 bit systems can automatically run 32 bit programs, but sometimes they can run into little blips here and there. For those of you running 64-bit systems, it's possible that it might help to run your game as administrator under XP compatibility mode to see if it helps.

For an article on how to run your game in as administrator or in compatibility mode, check out the "Save Errors" help article or click here. Even though you're not experiencing a "Save Error", this article has some really good tips and how-to images.

If you'd like more assistance with this issue, feel free to contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat through your "My Game Club" page

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by Speedbump32 on Apr 15, 10 10:04 AM
I'm also having trouble with the evidence and the policeman. I can't get him to talk about the evidence, therefore I can't go any further. I've collected all the evidence that I can and taken pictures of everything I can take pictures of, all to no avail. Help?!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 15, 10 10:20 AM
Hey Everyone,

For the folks who are having trouble talking to the policeman, bfgTigris and suziedog have offered some really helpful tips in another thread. to check it out, just click here

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

sandypr
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by sandypr on Apr 15, 10 3:04 PM
help me plz....

i get the message....INPUT NOT SUPPORTED AND THE SCREEN IS BLANK

i have to shut off the computer ...

thank you,

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Apr 15, 10 8:13 PM
Dee_H wrote:I am downloading the trial as I type, but I was hesitant with this one since another reliable site stated, "Finally, AOM2 suffered from a horrible bug (on my 64-bit Vista system) where almost all dialogue lines are cut-off halfway through. I had to rely on the subtitles for 99% of the game. The recent patch available from the City Interactive website made no difference to this at all." I have been disappointed with a few (non-Big Fish) games, like Black Mirror, not playing properly on my Vista 64, but hopefully, issue has been addressed. I'll let you know! This post was offered just as an fyi to fellow Vista 64 gamers, we must stick together and end the Vista frustration! Please, take advantage of the generous free one hour trial offered by Big Fish whenever available to avoid potential issues! This ends my public service announcement

I am pleased to report no problems whatsoever with this fun game. I played out the one hour trial and the game ran great! It even let me alt-esc. back and forth for 'advice' from walkthroughs Thanks again for the one hour free trial, it really helps make this customer more confident in purchasing (too many) games through Big Fish!

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Dee_H on Apr 15, 10 8:17 PM
And fyi, this game ran great on the Vista 64 without touching any settings, so while I have had games where I had to change to either 32 bit and/or XP mode, this one ran great (so far) without any tinkering needed.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Apr 16, 10 4:36 PM
i get the message....INPUT NOT SUPPORTED AND THE SCREEN IS BLANK

i have to shut off the computer ...

Same happens to me. Bummer. Uninstalling.

Something like this so rarely happens to me with BF games. Can't help but believe it is not my computer. Although that's not to say there is some incompatibility issue.

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Apr 17, 10 3:57 PM

I had 7 games saved and when I went back to play this evening they are ALL GONE??? Anyone else have this problem?? I got to the point where I was inflating the tire so I could patch it,,,,,but now all my saved games are gone! Not there,,,totally kaput....done. vanished....

sstrobl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sstrobl on Apr 17, 10 6:32 PM
black screen tellin me aom.exe stopped working can someone please help me. im in duprees loft ive done the hooks on the wall and grabbed the letters but when i go to grab the safe i get that error message please help me

[Post New]by Greyboot on Apr 18, 10 2:27 AM
When phone rings in hotel lobby (after downloading photos) the game freezes. Very frustating as I am enjoying the game so far.

SweetCaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

help!

[Post New]by SweetCaz on Apr 18, 10 11:07 AM
I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice. I've gone into "Tinnes" Apartment and search around teh room, get the fingerprints off the coffee cup ect. I've saved the game and now when I go back to that saved game, the whole game shuts down. I played up to that point again, went over to the wall, looked at all the photos.....went back to the saved game and the same thing happens. I might just cry a little while waiting for some tech advice!

Carolyn

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Apr 18, 10 2:26 PM
Hi every one. The game was badly developed. And no it's not your comp.I had a lot of problems when I started the game.Cursor flopped all over the place, had very little control of it.Went black screen for a long time.The picture would jerk a lot. When i went to pick up an item out of inventory it would just fall off.I got go disgusted I was actually cursing the computer, as if it was going to answer back.I e-mailed big fish and they were really nice, they wanted to try a few things to see if it was the comp.So after my fit of rage I finally uninstalled it reinstalled the game. It played some what better and I did manage to finish, but at the end the sound quit so i have no idea what was being said.Except for the random puzzles which caused a lot of indigestion,I don't see how so many people can download the same game and get different slider puzzles.I will never buy a game that has random anything in it.I want to enjoy a good game relax and have fun not end up with a bad heart burn.Happy gaming every one.

[Post New]by docdpa on Apr 18, 10 4:05 PM
schobey wrote:Also having trouble with talking to policeman about the evidence at the end. Followed the walktrough to the tee, at the end it just says end of conversation. Deleted the game and re-downloaded. Checked dx-diag and everything is up todate. Have everything I am suppose to have. I have a 32 bit, does that make a difference. Everything runs properly on the game, just can not get out of door because police man cannot talk to about evidence. Is there a glitch with the game and if so, will it be fixed. Thanks.

[Post New]by docdpa on Apr 18, 10 4:07 PM
schobey wrote:Also having trouble with talking to policeman about the evidence at the end. Followed the walktrough to the tee, at the end it just says end of conversation. Deleted the game and re-downloaded. Checked dx-diag and everything is up todate. Have everything I am suppose to have. I have a 32 bit, does that make a difference. Everything runs properly on the game, just can not get out of door because police man cannot talk to about evidence. Is there a glitch with the game and if so, will it be fixed. Thanks.

lwhite23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lwhite23 on Apr 18, 10 8:24 PM
I'm currently in Cuba and I can walk everywhere except for the cafe. The cursor asks if I want to go in, but nothing happens when I click on it. What should I do?

[Post New]by gabster12 on Apr 19, 10 9:05 AM
Hi
I am at the hooks in the apartment i have turned them correctly 1 =west 2=nw 3=se 4=ne 5=sw and it does nothing wots up ne ideas??

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Apr 19, 10 10:50 AM
lwhite23 wrote:I'm currently in Cuba and I can walk everywhere except for the cafe. The cursor asks if I want to go in, but nothing happens when I click on it. What should I do?

You don't need to go in the cafe.

[Post New]by JLuvsB on Apr 19, 10 3:42 PM
Can anybody tell me why I cant open the safe, even after I checked the walkthrough. She keeps saying that the door is Blocked. What is going on does anyone know. Please help me ASAP.

[Post New]by kellsnz on Apr 19, 10 9:26 PM
I have made it halfway through the game, now every time i try to save throughout the game I get an error message and the game quits on me! How do I fix this. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall and start all over again!

[Post New]by mistygirl1 on Apr 20, 10 1:24 PM
I had 2 saved games and went back to play......both are gone. not a happy camper right now.

Go to: