heidiaunt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Make it Big in Hollywood here.

[Post New]by heidiaunt on Apr 15, 17 1:06 PM
having the same problem as well....definitely not buying until its fixed

[Post New]by StitchingCrazy on Apr 16, 17 1:12 PM
I'm having the same issue that many other people are experiencing (with the black screen).

In my wisdom I took a gamble and purchased the game, despite the aforementioned problem. I managed to complete the first location, but only by playing continuously from the first level. I found that if I exited the game at any point during those levels, and then tried to pick up from where I'd left, I'd be faced with that black screen.

As for the 2nd location, I have been unable to play the first level and progress any further because of the black screen.

Like many others have described, the only way to get rid of the black screen is via the Task Manager (CTRL, ALT, DELETE). Considering how many of us are reporting this issue, it's definitely the game that's at fault, not the players.

[Post New]by kerith90angel on Apr 20, 17 7:28 PM
HI!
Just tried the demo today and I'm having a different issue than all others reported so I figured I'd let you know....

I use Windows 7 64 bit. Glitch with PROFILE saving on re-entry to continue game play.

I created a profile and started playing for about 20 min. I exited the game and stopped for dinner. When I tried to reload the game, my profile name was gone and it started me over as a "new game" again.

Just to see if it did it again, I created another "new" profile name and played a little, exited the game again and same thing.... my profile wasn't saved. Figured I'd report it so you guys could check on it. Thanks

[Post New]by ozkate62 on Apr 21, 17 10:51 PM
miss_marigold11 wrote:Game downloads and begins fine. Cut scene is fine but when it gets to the "Play" screen, I click Play and screen turns black....music continues but screen stays black. I have to go to task manager to leave game.
I tried this game at another site weeks ago and it did the same thing. All other games work on this computer, I can't imagine what is wrong with this game and have tried everything to remedy the problem.

I have the exact same problem. Have tried the help site, but no good.
Won't buy this until I know it's fixed.

[Post New]by leoaz11 on Apr 23, 17 7:42 AM
The game will not play b/c it says I need to upgrade the video driver. All my other games work just fine,so I don't understand why this one says that I have the issue with the driver.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Apr 23, 17 8:24 AM
I can play the game just fine until I'm half way through the third location. Then is crashes on new levels. I could get around this by playing the level before, but once I finish the third location, I get a blank screen when I try to play the first level of location 4. I contacted customer support and hope they will provide a working version of this game, as so many people here reported problems with crashing.

[Post New]by sarslr7668 on Apr 24, 17 7:13 AM
I am having the issue with the black screen except mine is coming up right after the introduction. I can't start the first level.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Apr 27, 17 5:18 AM
Customer service is not replying to my inquiries (they sent the usual "try this and this" mail, I replied that I already tried everything, as I detailed in my initial inquiry. They didn't get back to me. I wrote again, nothing back from them).

I can't play the game. So what to do now if neither forum not customer service are providing a solution?

Edited on 04/27/2017 at 5:18:36 AM PST

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Apr 27, 17 1:12 PM
GloomySunday wrote:Customer service is not replying to my inquiries (they sent the usual "try this and this" mail, I replied that I already tried everything, as I detailed in my initial inquiry. They didn't get back to me. I wrote again, nothing back from them).

I can't play the game. So what to do now if neither forum not customer service are providing a solution?

We can hope it means they're working on getting a working version. They're usually fast to send a coupon for a replacement game if there's no fix in the works. Also, since the trial version on another site doesn't have these issues, it appears there is a working version out there - the question is why Big Fish didn't have that version in the first place. Fingers crossed that they get the right version soon.

[Post New]by rustington4 on Apr 28, 17 3:35 PM
I'm having exactly the same problem with this game as everyone else. All my other games play fine and the tips provided by customer service haven't helped. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. This is a good game - when I can play it!

[Post New]by IeMCanadian on May 2, 17 1:52 PM
Also having this. Very frustrating. I worked through all the "fixes" when this crap happened with Wedding Salon 2. It didn't fix that game and I am not going to bother putting my time into attempting the same for this game. Guess I'm out the money

[Post New]by nkatrice77 on May 9, 17 8:25 PM
I am having the same issue - I was able to get through a few levels and now it Is just the blank screen and music - I had already used Game credits to purchase it - it did not mess up as the trial - so I am out a game credit and did the troubleshooting as suggested to no avail - this is very frustrating

aurorabig
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by aurorabig on May 9, 17 10:46 PM
miss_marigold11 wrote:Just a note from earlier. I finally got the game to continue to play by going to the very basics of the game in it's deep folder and allowing it to be played as administrator. It won't work with just a simple admin allowance, have to go inside the game innards so to speak. Never had to do that before with any game. Learned something new today.

Can you please elaborate where did you go to change that setting?

aurorabig
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by aurorabig on May 9, 17 11:14 PM
bfgIlinalta wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide your experiences with Make it Big in Hollywood. It sounds like some players are running into an issue where the game comes up as a blank or black screen with sound. In this case, if you haven't already done so, I'd like to offer some preliminary troubleshooting which seems to have helped other players resolve the issue as well as how to contact our Technical Support Team should any further assistance be necessary.

When playing on Windows, sometimes a game needs more permissions than have been allowed on that specific computer to play the game smoothly. It may be helpful to try to run the game as an Administrator, which should provide those permissions. Just in case it is helpful, the following page of steps can help with running a game as an Administrator:

<a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231139168">Run Game as Administrator</a>

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000093788">Technical Support Team</a>. If you would like further troubleshooting assistance, it would be very helpful to also provide that request alongside a <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/229824447">Dr Felix Report</a>. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as possible to help as best they can.

Thank you for your time and patience, and I hope this is helpful. Please don't hesitate to PM me or any of our other <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">active Moderators</a> if there are further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Well... now it doesn't run at all...???

[Post New]by qtlady77 on May 10, 17 7:46 AM
I was playing this game fine until it came to the third area and when I click play to start game 1, it just turns black and plays music. I have to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to stop the game. I already tried the administrator and it won't work.

[Post New]by qtlady77 on May 10, 17 7:47 AM
IeMCanadian wrote:Also having this. Very frustrating. I worked through all the "fixes" when this crap happened with Wedding Salon 2. It didn't fix that game and I am not going to bother putting my time into attempting the same for this game. Guess I'm out the money

SAME HERE! I had the same problem for Wedding Salon 2 and I just gave up. Don't know if I will be buying games from Big Fish anymore. I've never had this problem until lately.

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on May 16, 17 2:51 PM
Having similar issues, getting just a black screen and music. Shame on me for not checking the forum first and assuming the games here will work. How about putting a warning on the game page when there are issues? Or pulling down a flawed game until there's a fix? Assuming customer satisfaction is a priority.

[Post New]by bettyboopboop316 on May 16, 17 3:28 PM
I am having the same black screen issue with music playing as everyone else. I really hope this gets fixed soon, what I was able to play so far, was really enjoyable!

Go to: