FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:Welcome to Penguin Rescue forum

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 27, 17 7:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up SynthpopAddict I definitely know I made the right decision on this game and also Pretty Snails

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 29, 17 5:11 PM
I don't think these games should be sold, if they don't work properly. If I had been a better gamer, I might have purchased both these games. Then where would I have been with a MAC?

So again thanks SynthpopAddict !

Edited on 05/29/2017 at 5:18:27 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 29, 17 7:39 PM
Many casual games I've played have had some minor glitches in them. Most of these games are made by very small groups and they don't have the capability that the companies putting out games that cost $100 or more do for catching all the issues before release. There are also other considerations like the process it takes to get games out to portals like BFG. It's my understanding that to put out a patch on portals like this one is like trying to get a completely new game sent in so most minor bugs don't get addressed because of the hassle involved. Someone told me that the site that caters to the more serious gamers which is named for what water turns into when it boils has an easier system for putting in game updates, but I think the "hardcore" games there also cost more since they have a lot more features built in there?

The workaround for the Penguin Rescue glitch takes less than a minute to do; it's just a matter of knowing where the saved game file is. I'm not conversant with the Mac platform at all but you might be able to ask someone who knows more about how the Mac OS is set up as to where the equivalent of the C: pathway for the appdata is stored if you do decide to buy the game or maybe do a Google search to see if you can figure it out on your own. (The filepath is better described in the tech issues thread if you want to know more about what I'm talking about.) The last I'd heard, the developer is working on a patch for the game that will allow player profile creation and fix the white screen issue so that players won't have to keep deleting the saved game file to start over. I suppose it's all a matter of personal opinion at this point as to whether one thinks the game "works" as is.

Edited on 05/29/2017 at 7:40:16 PM PST

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jun 1, 17 4:03 AM
I think the best thing I can do is just stay away from games that won't allow a player profile creation. If you try to do anything on a MAC that you don't understand, it can lead to a big problem. So I don't want to go there at all!

Go to: