skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Penguin Rescue here.

[Post New]by skpjazz on Apr 24, 17 3:26 PM
Hi KamGoch,

You don't have to uninstall the game for this to work. When I renamed the file, I had the game manager still running, and clicked on the game right after, and it works!

[Post New]by Shirlbone on Jun 28, 17 9:20 PM
Hello,

I just finished Penguin Rescue - all 150 levels but I don't know how to start all over. Any help?

[Post New]by Shirlbone on Jun 28, 17 9:32 PM
This works - you need to try!

If you want to play again from Level 1!

1) First get your computer to display all hidden files and folders. I don't know how to do this on every Win OS so you may have to Google for instructions. If you use Win 7 and don't know how to do this feel free to PM me.

2) Go to your C: drive and look for a slightly lighter folder in this filepath:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\PenguinRescue (note: "your user name" is a placeholder...this would be what you named your computer or your account on the computer)

3) Either delete this folder completely or rename it to something like PenguinRescue_bkup

4) Go back to your folder settings and re-hide all the hidden files/folders so you don't accidentally corrupt something later.

5) This will delete all your previous progress so you can replay the game. However, you'll have to do this workaround every time you want to replay or start over, as the dev apparently also didn't include any means of creating separate user profiles for the game.

[Post New]by Shirlbone on Jun 28, 17 9:34 PM
skpjazz - I will try it your way the next time.

You don't have to uninstall the game for this to work. When I renamed the file, I had the game manager still running, and clicked on the game right after, and it works!

Thank you!

[Post New]by midge327 on Jul 8, 17 2:34 PM
Where do I find the hidden files on a Mac? I know how to make them visible, but evidently I didn't find the right file to delete.

[Post New]by midge327 on Jul 8, 17 3:02 PM
As often happens, I continued searching, and found the answer for Macs. First, it is easy to reveal the hidden files - just open the Finder, click using shift-command-period, and the Library will appear greyed out. Click on it, and find Application Support. Then the Penguin Rescue folder. I trashed the whole thing. Toggled the files back hidden. Opened the game and it worked! Hope this is helpful to another Mac user.

Go to: