Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:Spring Event Castle Challenge

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 13, 17 1:26 AM
Many thanks for the list TiramaSue!

I must have read it too fast (can I have one of those cups of tea(s)?) but I am not tooooooooooooooo worried about this one! My main concern is my playing time but maybe I missed the mean tricky traps in the list!

It looks like there are less creatures to catch than on the previous ones.

Of course there are still the dreaded luck parts but no finding a diamond in the wheel, yay!! Let's hope the Troll will behave!!

Fingers crossed that I don't regret this post too soon and good luck to everyone!!!

[Post New]by randomdgirl on Apr 13, 17 2:35 AM
So am I to understand correctly that you have to do the challenge on the day itself? Doing them in advance is pointless? cause the enchanted egg thing seems impossible for me, I've only gotten five enchanted eggs, two of which I got on the same day...

EDIT: i just found out how the trick to enchanted eggs works, nvm... XD

Edited on 04/13/2017 at 2:42:14 AM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 13, 17 3:18 AM
randomdgirl wrote:So am I to understand correctly that you have to do the challenge on the day itself? Doing them in advance is pointless? cause the enchanted egg thing seems impossible for me, I've only gotten five enchanted eggs, two of which I got on the same day...

You do not have to do the Challenge for the Day on that Day, you can take as long as you like.
BUT you cannot start the following Day until you have completed the previous one.
Very useful when dealing with airship flights and besting the Troll!

[Post New]by Gr3asyHalfling on Apr 13, 17 3:29 AM
"Pack 12 crates??" Really ?? I love doing these CC but this one is not amusing, not at all

Edited on 04/13/2017 at 4:28:58 AM PST

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Apr 13, 17 4:11 AM
randomdgirl wrote:So am I to understand correctly that you have to do the challenge on the day itself? Doing them in advance is pointless? cause the enchanted egg thing seems impossible for me, I've only gotten five enchanted eggs, two of which I got on the same day...

Trick to the enchanted eggs????? I missed that one....
Can someone fill me in???

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Apr 13, 17 4:43 AM
Pheeeeew just read the 12 crates and thougt of it as 1200 HOS to be searched

Luckely that is not correct.. 1 airship takes around a hundred HOS to fill.. and 12 crates is just four ships.. 400 HOS.. less than 4 days of springterraces

Dicegame fingers crossed

Ofcourse I have to be away from home for atleast 5 days of the castle challenge.. I can bring the Ipad.. do my gifting and play a little.

Well 2 days I may not get all 15 gifts.. as a flute teacher I will be away for concert Tivoli in Copenhagen have a weekend every year when all scenes are filled with musicschool students

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Apr 13, 17 4:51 AM
The list produced is so useful. Thank you very much.

A bit of advise, please. Yesterday made an expensive mistake. The fairy asked for a spring cake. Thought OK, can use it to craft. She kept it. Remembered that I put salt instead of sugar. Hopefully it did not taste very nice.

Just finished a round of 55 HOs, the number opened to me at my level and got 6 carrots and 1 plain stamp. If I am to buy the carrots at 3d each, will it count towards getting the 10 asked for? I have it on my wishlist but my friends are probably in the same boat as me.

I know I do not have to do it on the day but being behind too much might not help to finish the CC. As it is my first one, I would like to have a good go at it. Started the game when the Christmas CC was almost finished.

Edited on 04/13/2017 at 4:53:05 AM PST

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Apr 13, 17 5:21 AM
Sorry, if this sounds a little dumb, but how do you finish the first challenge? I thought you just do it through HOPs, but I have not encountered it once. So, anybody have any advice for me, either reply here or PM me.

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Apr 13, 17 5:33 AM
Either put it on your wish list or wait till tomorrow. Usually the HOS start to give it out again a day after the challenge.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 13, 17 5:37 AM
Hi Kitty, not dumb at all! I think PTG explains this so well in another thread... Long story short, put it on your wishlist

In these Castle Challenges when you see the word "get", it doesn't matter how you GET one, it will count.
Most of us "more experienced" players play the strategy game and put the items on our Friends wish list one or two days in advance; just swap them and then LEAVE THEM in our mail inbox until the correct Day.
Each "hit" then counts.
Now "collect" is a much nastier word cos' we then have to craft it ourselves.
Unfortunately this time, Day ONE has a "get" for Fireflowers, so we just have to hope enough Friends read the list in time.
There are, of course, all the other ways to get the flowers in the game play.
But there is no limit to the Day 1, it can carry over for as long as you wish; but you cannot start Day 2 until you have completed it.

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Apr 13, 17 5:38 AM
I found more in the Spring terrace HOS than the others. Also putting it on your wish list seems to help it fall more. Don't know why but it seems to be the case.
Good luck

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Apr 13, 17 9:52 AM
Just a small reminder. When you put up a wish list item the day before you need it do not accept until the required day. Many of us have banged our heads in previous CC.
As Always Happy Gaming to All.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 13, 17 10:32 AM
Bemused123 wrote:
Just finished a round of 55 HOs, the number opened to me at my level and got 6 carrots and 1 plain stamp. If I am to buy the carrots at 3d each, will it count towards getting the 10 asked for? I have it on my wishlist but my friends are probably in the same boat as me.

Get a bunch of friends and visit their Spring Terrace daily....I have 100 friends and I routinely get 30 to 35 carrots by the time I have visited all the Terraces.

I also managed to get all of my fireflowers by visiting these terraces.....however, you don't get the pop-up that you have finished the task until you come out of the Spring Room.

kitty_2009 wrote:Sorry, if this sounds a little dumb, but how do you finish the first challenge? I thought you just do it through HOPs, but I have not encountered it once. So, anybody have any advice for me, either reply here or PM me.

See answer to Bemused above. Plus -- putting it on wish list is helpful.....the problem with the wish list that I encountered is that you don't want to accept the gift until after the challenge unlocks and you have completed all the previous tasks....ALSO.....if you are storing up the gifts, you will see the first 6 players' gifts when they come in......when you get the next 4 gifts, they come in at the top, and the bottom ones roll off the screen.....

When you have received 10 gifts, no more roll into visibility -- they remain on top of the top one in the list....Sooooo, you can only see 6 gifters at a time.....and you have no way of keeping tabs on who has sent you the gift so you can return it until you collect it.....and by time you can document and return the item, it is no longer on that player's list because they have already secured them.

(Hope that makes sense)

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Apr 13, 17 5:01 PM
click, click, done
with day 2 challenge

Edited on 04/13/2017 at 5:01:48 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Apr 13, 17 5:12 PM
I'm also done.

Game #1 needed to hand over flowers, and then candies/nuts/whatever.

Game #2 had to send airship 2nd dq wanted flowers.

I am underwhelmed with the contents of the reward chests. Very grateful friends gifted me jester caps because the chests contained mostly coins.

What the???? Coins??? Like after I do enough hidden object scenes to get 500 carrots I won't have enough coins????

jEMSW
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Apr 13, 17 6:01 PM
crusader50 wrote:Day 10 has me confused. Open 10 Zoom zones----anyone want to set this doofus straight on what to do.

Zoom Zones are things like the Monkey, Drunken sailor, Burnt tree, etc.
Anyplace you click on that wants you to use up your hard earned inventory items.
Like the tasks the Castle Denizens ask you to get for one their tasks.

Hope this clears things up.

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Apr 13, 17 6:33 PM
susiewastaken wrote:click, click, done
with day 2 challenge

Me Too !!! Asked for 2 Spring Cakes !!!\

Betslou41

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 13, 17 7:33 PM
Ah......there you are betslou41!!!!!

I have soooooo been missing your "got 'er done" posts ......I was worried that something had happened to you.....good to see you posting again!!!

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 13, 17 7:36 PM
There you are betslou! Kept looking for your thread to post I was done too Some flowers, candy and feed my pets 12 bags.

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Apr 14, 17 2:50 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Ah......there you are betslou41!!!!!

I have soooooo been missing your "got 'er done" posts ......I was worried that something had happened to you.....good to see you posting again!!!

I have been here all along !!! Just taking mamarose's advice to pace myself !!! I have 240 Eggs to finish the last SE Achievement ! So I am just saving up for all the CC's !!! Good luck to all, let me know if you need anything !!!
Betslou41

Go to: