Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Endless Fables: Frozen Path Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Apr 15, 17 10:24 AM
Windows 10... game is playing just fine for me. Good Luck!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Endless Fables: Frozen Path Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by judy76073 on Apr 15, 17 11:57 AM
using win 8.1 on an all-in-one PC. No issues at all - game is playing just fine.

bjdjtjbjd
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bjdjtjbjd on Apr 15, 17 12:40 PM
I tried to do what DD said...Run as amid. Unless I am doing all wrong...did NOT work.

bjdjtjbjd
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bjdjtjbjd on Apr 15, 17 1:43 PM
I tried to do what DD said...Run as amid. Unless I am doing all wrong...did NOT work.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Apr 15, 17 2:14 PM
ghostguide2002 wrote:Access Violation error too. 1st. time this has ever happened to me after purchasing a game.

Same here with Windows 10

Was able to play after desinstalling and reinstalling

Edited on 04/15/2017 at 6:15:47 PM PST

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Apr 15, 17 3:22 PM
I also experienced "Access Violation" when I tried to open this game. It occurred twice even though I tried 'Run as Administrator'. The third time I tried to load the game, it opened perfectly & the game runs well. I tried loading the game a 4th time after exiting & it opened again so hopefully it will continue to run

Kam

posted once: the game loops.

[Post New]by kmiller469 on Apr 15, 17 3:26 PM
I posted this once but they blocked it.

Once I give the wolf the healing potion and it goes into the forest the scene goes into a loop. If I try to skip the scene it stays in the loop. If I try to go back to the main menu it freezes.

I did EVERYTHING they said to try, uninstalled and reinstalled, checked my programs. I run on Win7.

There is come kind of bug.

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by handyfr on Apr 15, 17 3:50 PM
Running Windows 8.1

Same problem with loop. Once I give the wolf the healing potion and it goes into the forest the scene goes into a loop. If I try to skip the scene it stays in the loop. If I try to go back to the main menu it freezes.

I did EVERYTHING they said to try, uninstalled and reinstalled, checked my programs. There is come kind of bug.

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by handyfr on Apr 15, 17 3:50 PM
Running Windows 8.1

Same problem with loop. Once I give the wolf the healing potion and it goes into the forest the scene goes into a loop. If I try to skip the scene it stays in the loop. If I try to go back to the main menu it freezes.

I did EVERYTHING they said to try, uninstalled and reinstalled, checked my programs. There is come kind of bug.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 15, 17 3:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I understand that some players are continuing to encounter issues in the game, and I wanted to stop in to thank all who've taken the time to report these problems here. Since the forums don't contain the tools needed to offer in-depth troubleshooting steps, the Forum Moderation Team is limited in the assistance we can provide. However, I'm going to make sure to pass these posts along so that the right team is aware of the situation.

In the meantime, if anyone is experiencing an issue in the game and hasn't done so already, I suggest checking out our help articles. I included a couple below that can be particularly helpful in addressing problems like these, and the latter contains specific info for resolving access violations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Access Violation

If anyone continues to see a tech issue, the Forum Moderation Team then recommends contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps have access to the tools needed to gather info on and report tech issues to the right team, and they're definitely willing to help as much as they're able.

kmiller469, I understand that you're still seeing that issue after the scene with the Wolf, and I definitely appreciate you taking the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried. Since this problem is continuing the best thing to do is contact our Technical Support Team. One of our Reps will be sure to get back to you as soon as they're able.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

cinb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cinb on Apr 15, 17 6:08 PM
I had left an earlier message about game not even opening.

Read the other tech issues and decided to keep hitting the play button.

First two times, didn't open, error message.
Third time, the bfg logo came on, then shut down.

On the fourth time, the game opened and is now playing great.

Win 10

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Apr 15, 17 6:46 PM
Win 10 here. Finished demo with no problems at all. Of course that does not mean that if I buy it I won't have problems looping. But it does not appear to be a Win 10 problem.
I'd buy it but there is no other CE I want so will wait till the next sale. Though the demo only lasted 50 minutes so maybe I won't.

[Post New]by tugbug1 on Apr 16, 17 11:46 AM
wont work on windows 10

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Apr 16, 17 12:40 PM
i,m stuck in a hop frozen.can not pick angthing up,hint is frozen

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Apr 16, 17 12:40 PM
i,m stuck in a hop frozen.can not pick angthing up,hint is frozen

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Apr 16, 17 7:43 PM
Win10 with everything up to date - Direct X, Active X, Java ...

Same here, access violation. My 4th in 5 months, the last one just a few dl's ago.

An Access violation at address ... notification means that the computer is seeing the game as a threat. This is controlled by the Date Execution Prevention (DEP) system installed in Windows as a protection device.

I did my homework and tried a variety of solutions, and sent TechSupport the results.

> Run as Admin - nope
> Compatibility XP pack 3 - nope
> Add .exe file to DEP - nope, the game folder doesn't contain a .exe that I can find, so I couldn't tell DEP to allow the game.
> Temporarily "AlwaysOff" DEP - nope, my 'puter won't let me.
> Disable anti-virus - nope

I asked Support for a workaround.

BFG also suggests that a new game card might be in order. Right. Game cards (graphics cards) start at around $300, and that's for desktop only.

Apparently, you can't really upgrade the graphics card in a laptop because the one you have is wired into the motherboard, so it's cheaper to just by a new laptop.

A new game set up does not solve the access violation, as best I can figure.

Still, I asked Support if they would please send out notices to dev team managers that we don't all have the latest Alien ware out here.

As glum as this message may be, I hope it helped.

WRITE TO SUPPORT DIRECTLY TO TELL THEM ABOUT YOUR ACCESS PROBLEM or else they'll just think it's a scattered event, not worth addressing.

hsemse
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by hsemse on Apr 17, 17 7:00 AM
I keep getting the same issue of the access error. You guys at Big Fish need to tell your game creators to make sure it works on Win 10 or whatever upgrade they make to their IOS BEFORE you buy it from them. If dozens are telling you the same thing, fix the buyer not the computers it's being uploaded onto.

RCD54
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by RCD54 on Apr 17, 17 11:22 AM
I am running into an infinite loop issue, once I give the wolf the healing potion and it goes into the forest the scene goes into a loop. If I try to skip the scene it stays in the loop. If I try to go back to the main menu it freezes. I have to reboot the computer when it freezes.

I run Windows 10 and this is the only issue I have had. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and everything else in the help issues.

This appears to be somekind of bug.

phoot10
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by phoot10 on Apr 17, 17 12:30 PM
Same issue with loop after healing wolf.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Apr 18, 17 5:52 PM
We all seem to be having the same problems. People with windows 10 can't even open their game. I have windows 7 and haven't had a problem until I give the wolf the healing potion and it keeps running the same scene over and over. A few people had an issue with not being able to pick anything up. So my question is why is BFG telling us we all are having different issues and therefore they need to e dealt with individually. That is not true! We are all having an issue with the 3 things I just mentioned. Why put out a game if we can't even play in the first place. I was enjoying the game until I gave the wolf the healing potion. Then I came to the forum to see if it was just an issue I was having. But it seems alot of people are dealing with the same thing. This is frustrating when this happens so far in the game. What we need is a fix. Not for us to contact tech support and for them to say of here is a coupon for a free CE. I want my game fixed. If I didn't want to play this game I never would have purchased it to begin with.

Go to: