troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis

[Post New]by troia45 on Apr 15, 10 1:19 PM
I also beta tested this one and it was a little different then most. I do
play match 3 sometimes and this one has nice graphics.
This is a buy for me.

jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis

[Post New]by jujus1a on Apr 15, 10 8:46 PM
I have played 50 mins of this game and have enjoyed the challenges. It consists of the normal match 3, with group match 3 and as a bonus hidden objects. The advantages of match 3 games is their replay value and you have the added choice of timer or relaxed mode. It is a plus for me.

Regards

Julie

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 15, 10 9:07 PM
To the fishies above this post: I hope you all have a great time not only with this game, but all of your games to come as well.....TMann

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Apr 16, 10 12:15 AM
Well I enjoyed the group mode. Made for a refreshing change. I agree that the tiles fall a little too slowly though. Not sure if I'll pick this up yet or not, but it's certainly one I'm considering.

[Post New]by pratchettfan777 on Apr 16, 10 4:17 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I betatested this game also and loved it! It has timer/no timer option, what I really like. Its similar to part 2 but even better! I highly recommend this game to all match 3 lovers. I will buy it and have waited especially for this game since the beta test!

Sounds like my kind of game. I will be trying it soon. Thanks.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Apr 16, 10 6:25 AM
I bought this game before I'd even used up my hour demo time. I own the first two Hidden Wonders fo the Depths games and really enjoy them - even though it can be very frustrating when time runs, all your lives are gone, and you have to start the level over!

The game play is very similiar to the second game in this series, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm currently playing the timed (i.e. frustrating) version, but I love the fact that this game comes with the relaxed version, too.

I definitely give this game

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 10:52:59 AM PST

catlady4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by catlady4 on Apr 16, 10 6:53 AM
This is a MAJOR BORE

[Post New]by lennytring on Apr 16, 10 8:39 AM
Hello all,

I beta tested this game and although I never buy match 3 games I really enjoyed this one. The colour and graphics were good, the background music (which I always mute) was very repetitive, and the whole game moved at a good pace.

Obviously, not being a regular player of match 3 I can't compare to other games in this genre but I was actually sad when the beta test ended!!

The group game was hard to get my head around - not sure I understand it now thinking back...but overall a good FAMILY game suitable for all.

Have a good weekend everyone - from sunny Tamworth in the UK!

vthecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by vthecat on Apr 16, 10 5:04 PM
I'm mainly a HOG player, but I do enjoy a nice match 3 occasionally. I've been in the mood for a new match 3 lately so I've been downloading trials all week. This is the first one I bought. I can't say that it's on the same level as 4 Elements or the Fishdom series, but I absolutely adore the crab.

Thanks for the tip on the previous versions. I'll be checking those out too.

[Post New]by pisces219 on Apr 16, 10 5:56 PM
The game is almost the same as Hidden Wonders 2 except for the fact that the timer is is ridiculously fast!

The graphics are ok but the speed of the objects falling is slow.

I think I'll pass on this one.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 16, 10 9:14 PM
After playing the demo, I bought the full version and I like it.
I like the crab. i might not like him/her so much if I didn't play in untimed mode, however. I got most of his mannerisms due to not being very fast and he got bored enough to razz me, do a little stretching exercise and all the rest of the antics.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 9:14:50 PM PST

[Post New]by MalteseBaby on Apr 18, 10 1:01 AM
Gosh, did we ALL beta test this game? LOL.

This was the first Match 3 game I ever played and although I found the excitement level rather low, I thought the graphics and music were great. I liked the cute touches with the crab moving around the board too.

I played over 35 rounds on Beta test mode without any errors or do overs, so I think it's probably an easy game.
I haven't played any of the other games in the series of course, and can only evaluate this one on its own merits, which I thought were very good for a simple matching game. I played on untimed but the gameplay advanced very quickly for me.

s_tickle
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by s_tickle on Apr 18, 10 5:20 AM
The first game was so much better than either 2 or 3. 2 and 3 are just too easy, no challenge.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by beckx020 on Apr 19, 10 7:07 AM
I loved all 3 Hidden Wonders games. I really love the group levels. You sometimes have to plan way ahead and never know when one of the pieces will pop up.

This is a good game, but not enough group games.

[Post New]by illusione on Apr 19, 10 1:00 PM
Can't get it to work on Windows 7 at all. Uninstalled without even getting to try out the trial.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Apr 19, 10 3:25 PM
This is the first Match 3 game I've ever tried--I'm strictly a Hog fan but this was fun. I guess those who play these are better judges and most of them were disappointed. But as a first game, it was enjoyable. It's colorful-I like the choice of untimed-there's a bit of hidden object & I like building the kingdom. It reminded me of the one Fishdom that had hidden objects and you get to build your aquariums.

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Apr 19, 10 7:25 PM
I liked this game and the fact that it was quite long. I played untimed so it was really relaxing. Love the mini games and the different modes. The hidden object portion was a bit lame, but at least it broke up the game play now and then. Definately worth $7.49.

ryanjohn
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ryanjohn on Apr 19, 10 9:09 PM
Love Match 3 games and this was not for me. Reasons:

tiles to slow to move down
no rewards for matches over 3 (I love the bonus bombs)
power-ups were not fun
horrible music
crab that stuck his tongue out
don't like match 3's that you must move a character through a path--I like to clear tiles

I did like the untimed option and the chance to "build" the city. I like having something to work towards.

churly72
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by churly72 on Apr 21, 10 2:30 AM
very nice game, i like it, i am in level 168 now...and it's not that easy anymore...

[Post New]by takacsrj on Apr 21, 10 10:15 AM
I loved the first two, but the third is no where near as good. The timer goes way too fast for the slow falling tiles. Graphics are not as good. The untimed is nice, but too boring. I bought it because I loved the first two, but now I'm sorry.

Go to: