OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Crime and Punishment: Who Framed Raskolnikov?

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 16, 10 7:17 AM
It's a reject for me as well ..Bad week for games ...
No need to repeat ..what everyone had to say about this game , I agree !!!

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 16, 10 7:18 AM
I liked the game so far! I ran it on full screen which is offered in the options. I think it made things easier to find. The game lets you find an item to increase the hint section. When you do use hint it won't recharge for a while. I liked the flow of things and the graphics reminded me of a painting. I was intrigued with the whole experience. The puzzles so far are easy. Not a bad thing if you want to move right along. I think the creators have a sense of humor with some of the items that are created. I have 8 minutes left and finished the town scene interviewing town folk. I 'm not quite sure how long this makes the game. Music was predictable, for the game, but not intrusive on game play. Not inspiring either. I think it is a buy for me.
Nana

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 16, 10 7:22 AM
I lasted 35 minutes before deciding I couldn't care less who framed Raskolnikov! Graphics too grainy, dark and gloomy, some hidden objects too small, fair amount of interaction but not enough to keep me interested. When you put this game alongside for example 'Love and Death:Bitten' there's just no comparison in production standards. Not one for my collection.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 16, 10 7:25 AM
I was really quite surprised at all the negative comments about this game. I really liked it, but then again, I always have swam against the flow. As for tiny objects, I am 60 years young but didn't have any trouble finding them, and as for the dark screen---well, I just adjust the brightness on my monitor, if necessary but in this case didn't have to. I really liked the ambience of the scenes, and since I never read the book, I find the story interesting. I will probably purchase the game, but right now I'm engrossed in The Enchanted KIngdom, Elisa's Adventure so it will be a while before I start another game!

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Apr 16, 10 7:41 AM
Ugly ugly game! Poor graphics....just depressing and no fun. I'll have to pass on this one and I love Hidden Object/Adventure games. I was looking forward to another new one, but - YUK!

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Apr 16, 10 7:48 AM
yasure wrote:I beta tested this game and was not to impresses. The red dress you look for is pink and the 10 finger prints you have to find-some are footprints. I will play the demo but not buy it

No, 10 handprints/10 footprints.... and we cannot blame the developers for this, as it was BFG taking care for the translation...

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Apr 16, 10 7:51 AM
OLDBAY wrote:It's a reject for me as well ..Bad week for games ...

*laughing loud* )) So you agree, that it is actually a good game????

Sorry, obviously not - but still...I like it a lot.
It is not that easy going, it is not the hightech graphics, but art. It is not a running through - "I'm first, I'm first".

It is for sure not the best game I ever played, but it is much better as lot of hidden object/adventure games offered to us

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 7:51:34 AM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Apr 16, 10 8:16 AM
I tried this game and lasted 20 minutes. The story seemed interesting enough but the graphics are blurry for me. I think it's also distracting to have to find an ax, a feather, a letter and a candleabra in every scene because they're not listed. All in all it was the blurriness that did me in. I guess my eyesight just isn't good enough for it.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Apr 16, 10 8:17 AM
I was doing OK with the game until I had to find the 20 gold things. I just couldn't see them because of the fuzzy graphics. I do not like to say bad things about a game because I know how hard the developers work on them, but this one was just too hard on my eyes.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 16, 10 8:18 AM
Gamesetter_ wrote:
OLDBAY wrote:It's a reject for me as well ..Bad week for games ...

*laughing loud* )) So you agree, that it is actually a good game????

Sorry, obviously not - but still...I like it a lot.
It is not that easy going, it is not the hightech graphics, but art. It is not a running through - "I'm first, I'm first".

It is for sure not the best game I ever played, but it is much better as lot of hidden object/adventure games offered to us

Really !!! ahhhhh OK , if you say so ....I won't judge you !!!

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Apr 16, 10 8:27 AM
I played for about four (five?) chapters and did not figure out that I had to find a letter in each chapter--smacks head. I really gave up when it came to finding the "knifes" even when one was found and I should have been looking for a knife it still listed it as knifes (and I won't even mention the misspelling).

No buy for me and I need a game (Farmville will not load!)

Blessings,
LucyMarie

Caro4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Caro4 on Apr 16, 10 8:28 AM
I guess I am in the minority of about 2 out of 100 in my review of this game. I am quite enjoying this game and have already purchased it. I have been with BF for about 3 years now, but do not post due to illness of multiple myeoloma and neupopenia.I am 63 years young and have beeen playing adventure games since the onset of my illness 13 years ago and changed over to casual gaming last 3. I agree with everything and more that Jinocchio49 said so will not recap it here (I am in the North in The Enchantrd Kingdom). It behooves me that we fishes can critic a 24+ chapter game anf give such negative remarks in 15 min when some games take from 6 months to years with multiple personnel to make. I usually read the forum posts before I buy a game as sometimes they are right on point. But lately!!!!!!. Not only are the gamers being trashed, but also BF. I just want the gamers to know what a verry good job they did on this game and that it is one of the ones I did not want the preview to end. I have over 100 BF games and probably another 100 with Gamehouse/RealArcade so I know what a good game entails.

Thanks BF you are awesome and put out some of the best and most innovstive games I have played.

Please don't trash me for using this as "Dr. Laura" column, but I just had to respond.

Happy gamning fishes

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Apr 16, 10 8:29 AM
Tried the demo for about 20 mins and was not impressed at all. Hint button to slow to recharge. Uninstalled. A no buy for me.

In my opinion, Love and Death: Bitten was a very much better game which kept a person wanting to play on nonstop. A definite buy for that one.

lilcaz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lilcaz on Apr 16, 10 8:36 AM
Just finished the demo and I'm afraid that I wasn't impressed either. The graphics are dull and indistinct and the puzzles uninspiring and too easy. Sorry, but I've already uninstalled this game.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Apr 16, 10 8:43 AM
LOL cherbtoo. they should realize that:
It would have been my game, if I could click where I want to!

Now that I finished the game, I am here to eat humble pie.
Not only did I love the game, I could not stop playing it!
The story just gripped me and I had to play till the end.

So different and yet somehow in the sane spirit as the original.

I love the idea of time travel to see what really happened.
(Jack The Ripper, Lizzy Borden etc...)

The items seemed very small originally, but my eyes adjusted to it.
True, the minigames were too easy, but I looked them as relaxation
between scenes

I know that I am on major minority, but I give it

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 5:23:51 PM PST

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Apr 16, 10 9:04 AM
As Yoda might put it, "Bad graphics do not a good game make." Won't be getting this one.

peggyjuneybug
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by peggyjuneybug on Apr 16, 10 9:14 AM
i also appreciate everyones comments and think I will pass on this one.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Apr 16, 10 9:26 AM
I guess I'm strange because I kind of liked this game. The biggest problem I had was trying to find the top 2 items(letter and feather). I would but it if was on sale because the game was so dark and I know it would take me some time to find the items I mentioned before and I would like to read what was in the book. But I definitely won't pay full price or waste a credit on this game.

Edited on 04/16/2010 at 9:27:18 AM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 16, 10 9:53 AM
Liked it--bought it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Apr 16, 10 10:27 AM
I like it too. Yes, it is dark, and some objects are hard to find...but I haven't had any problems with the hints, and I used the walkthrough to find those blasted feathers. At least I haven't had to find a butterfly yet. I think the graphics are perfectly fitting, and the mood quite apt. I played 33 minutes and used a credit to get it. The music fits also.

Go to: