bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Big City Adventure: Rome here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 15, 17 5:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report these issues being experienced while playing Big City Adventure: Rome. It sounds like players are reporting an issue where in Windows 10, the game screen shows up too small. I'm sorry to hear this is causing some players to be unable to play and can see some players have been able to resolve the issue and others have not. Since it's unclear what might be causing the game to appear too small to play on for some players, I'm going to go ahead and provide some suggestions to see if further troubleshooting is necessary as well as provide the means to contact our Support Team for further assistance.

The first thing that I suggest for this particular situation is that since this seems to be happening in Windows 10, I recommend seeing if the following set of steps is able to assist:

Windows 10

If those steps don't seem to help out, more assistance and investigation may be necessary. In that case, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. That information could be important for any investigations that may need to occur, and could help our Reps better understand what is occurring. Thank you for your patience while waiting on our Reps to get back in touch.

I'm also going to make sure that the teams behind this game are aware of this reported issue, and if there are any changes made to the game, a moderator will be certain to provide an announcement to the forums so that affected players can make use of any updates or changes that occur. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you all for your patience and effort. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by champlyn on May 16, 17 6:54 AM
Can anyone give us an update as to what is happening with BCA Rome? So many people are having problems. Is anyone working on the problem, and if so, what is the status? You have a lot of people out here excited for the new game and really anxious to be able to play. Thanks.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 16, 17 2:36 PM
Hi champlyn,

It is definitely understandable wanting to know what is occurring with this particular game. The contents of this thread have been passed along to the appropriate teams for investigation. They are currently investigating what has been reported here, and once we are aware of any information regarding updates or changes made in the game, we will post an announcement in the forums.

Players are welcome to try the suggested troubleshooting steps in bfgIlinalta's post above. If issues continue to persist and you would like to aid in the investigation, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to ensure that the information provided in the tickets gets reviewed by the appropriate teams.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by HiddenNic on May 22, 17 4:37 AM
I had to stop playing all the Big City series because none of them open full screen on Windows 10. I'm very disappointed as this was my favorite series.

When I went to tech support about it a year ago, they told me it's a compatibility issue with Windows 10 and that I just have to hope Microsoft comes out with a fix. Well, over a year later and I'm still waiting.

[Post New]by Judy949 on May 24, 17 8:47 AM
I have the same problem with the game being too small to play. I am on Windows 10 as well. I bought the game since I have enjoyed all of the others. I never had this problem before and all other games work fine. I have tried all of the fixes and contacted the support team twice and have not heard from them. Please help!!!!!

[Post New]by LeadingEdge on Jun 2, 17 8:28 AM
The game was installed on a Windows 10 64 bit computer.
The game is postcard size no matter what adjustments are made to the display, whether Full Screen is checked or not, and, for the one time when it was offered in Options, it made no difference when Maximum Resolution was checked OTHER THAN CRASHING THE GAME. After which, Maximum Resolution disappeared from the Options.
I'm pretty sure I have played and even played out every BCA released through BFG. This has never been a problem.
I came here to see if there was a troubleshoot that I missed only to discover that many, many, many others are having EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM.
It is misleading to say the game is compatible with Windows 10 when so many of us are taking the time to tell you THERE ARE UNRESOLVABLE PROBLEMS DISPLAYING THE GAME ON WINDOWS 10 COMPUTERS.

I am angry that I have been misled into buying a game that does not display properly on Windows 10 computers as advertised.

holtzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by holtzer on Jun 7, 17 2:25 PM
Ihave played this game all the way thru, I was playing the second time around, then you posted an update to it. I downloaded the update and now I can't open it. I went to help and they told me to go to forum. So help.

holtzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by holtzer on Jun 12, 17 7:39 AM
I uninstalled big city rome, and reinstalled it. that didn't fix it. so I uninstalled it again and reloaded it again from Bigfish and now it works just fine.

[Post New]by ftzcat2000 on Jun 16, 17 9:43 AM
Hi, I do not have a screen display issue in Windows 10, but I do have a freezing problem that does not occur with any of the other Big City Adventure games. Specifically, on task 40, a gears puzzle: once I grab the third gear to be positioned, I can't place it. The pointer remains a hand and will not let go, even after the "time expired" message appears. The only way out is to terminate the program. This happens every time, at the same spot in the game. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, used different player names and I always get stuck in the middle of task 40.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 16, 17 11:28 AM
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for your patience, and I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with this game. Let's see what we can do to fix this.

If your game is freezing or won't open, there are a couple of troubleshooting options that might help. The first is to run the game with administrator permissions. For instructions about how to do that, please refer to the help page below.

Run Game as Administrator

It can also be helpful to check that your computer's video card driver is up to date. Please take a look at the help page below for further instructions.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game isn't displaying properly, then adjusting its resolution could help fix that. For instructions about how to do that, please see the help page below.

Screen Resolution

If the help pages don't resolve the troubles, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding. If any more questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of our Active Moderators. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by wah1955 on Jun 22, 17 5:27 AM
Hello, I am having the opposite problem (Windows 10) I have been able to play 4 different versions of Big City Adventures but the others I have tried to play the screen is so large I can't see the menu box so I can't play the games. I tried changing the screen resolution but that doesn't work. Thanks.

Go to: