Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for 4 Aztec Skulls here.

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on May 4, 17 7:46 AM
Loved this game Why do people think it should be like Adelantado? On BF it is not indicated as an Adelantado sequel at all. The name is 4 Aztec Skulls.

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on May 4, 17 9:41 AM
The publisher marketed it as an Adelantado sequel on their site. Plus it reuses pretty much all the same stuff from those games, the buildings, music, landscape, character models, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game but it's pretty much a standalone. If you go into it thinking it's going to be like the other three, you'll be pretty surprised and possibly annoyed.

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on May 5, 17 5:02 PM
This is well crafted game. I like that it has easy, normal and hard difficulty settings. Make it through in the easy then go on to the harder settings. I wish they would make a collectors edition with 10 or 20 more levels. Bliss!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on May 7, 17 8:54 AM
When this game first came out, I got it off the dev. site. It had "Adelentado" in the title, not just "4", what is up with that. I'll tell you. It's Roads of Rome! Again! And not nearly as challenging as RoR3 or RoRNG. But it is a pretty game. I raised a stink about using Adelentado in the title on the dev site, and going by the deluge of critical comments, I see why this was removed.

Edited on 05/07/2017 at 8:58:34 AM PST

[Post New]by fairplayca on May 7, 17 12:24 PM
This is more like Roads to Rome than Adelantado. Not bad but a bit of a disappointment for fans of Adelantado. This was clearly built on the series but the attraction of that series was left out, namely strategy. The Adelantado series is one of the few games I will play about once a year. (wish I could figure out why the 1st game won't load on Windows 10 machines) I was like a bird on a june bug when I saw it posted, and although enjoyable, it is a let down.

ladydaa
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by ladydaa on May 7, 17 2:30 PM
I love, love, love this game! All the best of Adelantado and Roads of Rome. Having four levels of difficulty gives all TM gamers a challenge. I am playing through all difficulty levels to prolong the adventure.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on May 8, 17 8:33 PM
Thanks BFG for bringing back the fun games. I've been missing them. Keep it up! More, more , more, !!!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on May 10, 17 5:17 AM
Thanks for a really good TM game.

I do enjoy these type of TM games. It's not just a click-fest, and you have to think what to build, upgrade, collect or repair first in order to beat the level/get gold.

The graphics are fine for me, the sounds are fine. (Although I always turn the music off). The game is not ridiculously hard or ridiculously easy, so I don't get gold on most levels, as it's progressed. It doesn't get annoying, nor have any annoying characters, although the caveman is pointless. An enjoyable, solid game.

The only negatives, is that I'd like to "stack" tasks, instead of waiting until the little men get back to their house. Otherwise, a thoroughly enjoyable game, which is seriously lacking these days.

Please post your REVIEWS for 4 Aztec Skulls here.

[Post New]by helmsley1 on May 10, 17 9:56 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for your reviews.

This may be a tech issue but on level 36 I can't finish it off and progress - it wants 750 foods at the very end but won't let me collect any more thn 650 as it says maximum value reached. !!! Is there a way round this? Very cross.

Please post your REVIEWS for 4 Aztec Skulls here.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on May 17, 17 7:20 AM
helmsley1 wrote:
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for your reviews.

This may be a tech issue but on level 36 I can't finish it off and progress - it wants 750 foods at the very end but won't let me collect any more thn 650 as it says maximum value reached. !!! Is there a way round this? Very cross.

I think you have to upgrade the "store" so you can store more.

ArmyMomOkc
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by ArmyMomOkc on May 21, 17 10:33 AM
I read reviews before I demo'd so I knew not to expect a true Adelantado sequel. Keeping that in mind I think it's a good game. I am enjoying it and would encourage others who haven't played the Adelantado's to play this first. It will make you enjoy the true Adelantado's even more.
I'm just happy to have a decent TM game to play, they are few are far between.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 28, 17 9:35 AM
So happy to see a GOOD TM/Strategy game. Takes way too long for them to arrive. For the last year I almost was going to leave. But I just cant yet for some reason. Love the Adelanto characters, and love the energy I get when trying to find all the hidden caches and discover them and get gold all at the same time. I really wish we could get more like this. They have soooo many hidden type games and only a good tm game once a month if that. I am staying, lost my husband 3 months ago and this really helps pass the time, as nobody wants to hire a senior.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jun 20, 17 6:45 PM
I owe the developers a pardon - finally caught on to the arrival of the lizard or troll as a signal of where the hidden cache was. Once that fell into place the rest was fun. Before that I was searching everywhere for the hidden caches and it kind of ruined the game for me. Now that I get that, I hope there are more games like this!

[Post New]by labellefleur on Jun 21, 17 1:14 PM
SO DISAPPOINTED, BOUGHT THIS GAME WITHOUT TRYING BECAUSE I LOVED THE PREVIOUS SERIES. THE GREAT THING ABOUT THE SERIES WAS THE FREE BUILD OPTION , NOW IT IS JUST LIKE THE REST. MISSING IS THE THING THAT MADE IT DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE REST.

godfreygirl
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

I LOVE 4 Aztec Skulls!

[Post New]by godfreygirl on Jul 18, 17 6:52 PM
Personally, I tried all of the Adelantado Trilogy games and HATED them. Why? Because I did not like having to scroll all over the screen to find something. I found them confusing and they didn't hold my interest at all. I also don't think 4 Aztec Skulls is ANYTHING like those games at all.

It is, however, similar to the Roads Of Rome games, bit I did not like them either. I have two of them but rarely play them. This one is much more interesting and entertaining that the others. I am now playing it for the second time around. This one is SO much more challenging than the others. The ONLY thing I did NOT like was the speed....the little guys are SOOO slow.

In fact, I love most of the **** games....I have all of the Northern Tale and Viking Saga games and some of the others....great games.

I hope the developers make a sequel but, if you do, PLEASE speed up the guys more AND don't have buildings to do that....make bonuses like icons you can click on to make them go faster or work faster. LOVE, LOVE this game so....

PLEASE DO make a sequel and, if you make a few tweaks, you will have the best game of all your similar games....with the exception of Norther Tales...that one is hard to match.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Aug 21, 17 6:52 PM
Am now on my second time through these games - on the 4th book - and I must beg the developers to make more of these! I loved all of the ROR games - did not care for the Adelantado series - and am so craving more of this kind of game! Thought I didn't like it because of the hidden caches, but have grown to really enjoy hunting for them. Miss ROR and MKFTP (but not the last one) - but this works. Thanks and forgive me for my first negative post. I'll buy them if you make them - tired of playing my old ones over and over again....

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Review so sad but this game is ok.

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Oct 7, 17 6:25 AM
When I saw the artwork and heard the music I was psyched that there was finally a new Adelantano game. Turns out it is Roads to Rome-like game. I've never really liked the timed modes as I am not quick enough to complete them. So go on the easy mode if you hate trying to beat the clock.

I own all the Adelentano games and have played them multiple times. I miss being able to pick and place the buildings, and finding out how many of each building will get me to the next chapter quickly. Loved the caves with the the cool secret rooms etc.
PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER ADELENTANO GAME!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 27, 17 2:16 PM
I found it to be boring after awhile.

daphne777
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Bonus Level for book 4 4 Aztec Skulls

[Post New]by daphne777 on Dec 21, 17 5:30 PM
Book 4 Bonus Level
I need one 'wood' right from the start but there are no trees or a path to where there are trees. Can anyone tell me the trick to get started on that Bonus Level? Driving me nuts.
I'm playing it in normal mode.
I have all the Adelantado series. Love these games. Have yet to make gold on any level of 4 Aztec Skulls. I keep playing these games till I do.

Go to: