Horrible Ending

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:Horrible Ending

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 1, 10 7:12 AM
I am sorry to go against the majority, but I loved the ending! At last, an ending that surprises me and leaves me wishing for the sequel! Romantic ending, pffft! This was a very logical way to finish this game, and wanting to know what is going to happen and what that silly-looking hero is going to do now. Good for the developers!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 2, 10 12:03 PM
I've just finished and found the ending silly. OK so I'm a romantic but after lots of 'Victoria I....' I expected a bit more than this. Great game though! And it is SO possible I'm simply very sad. But there you go.

crazima
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by crazima on May 3, 10 8:19 PM
Put me down in the "Horrible Ending" column too. What a let down. I sure hope they do make a sequel and set things right. It definately was a surprise, but I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Best game play by far of all of the **** games!

Edited on 05/03/2010 at 8:22:36 PM PST

crazima
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by crazima on May 3, 10 8:24 PM
I don't know why the post is *starring* me out. I was just trying to say, it's been the best hidden object game so far.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 3, 10 9:16 PM
crazima wrote:I don't know why the post is *starring* me out. I was just trying to say, it's been the best hidden object game so far.

In American slang the abbreviation for Hidden Object is a rude word with a totally different meaning... Hence the ****. It happened to me once, too, and it took me a while to figure it out, since it's not a term I use.

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on May 4, 10 7:34 AM
Don't count on a quick sequel coming out. I have been waiting for the sequel for Redrum since it came out two years ago.....still waiting.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 4, 10 1:38 PM
jyork wrote:Don't count on a quick sequel coming out. I have been waiting for the sequel for Redrum since it came out two years ago.....still waiting.

I went to PlayFirst's website just to see if they mention it. They don't, but when I saw some of the other games they've produced, nearly all of them have sequels, so I think there's a pretty good chance that we won't have to wait t-o-o long. I would rather wait a while for a great sequel, though, than have them rush out a quick but poorly designed and written one.

They did the Dream Chronicles series and all of those have been good, so there's hope.

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on May 6, 10 11:05 AM
Knowing that the game is made by PlayFirst, everyone is insured that a sequel will be developed!

I'm still waiting for the fourth Dream Chronicles game!

tv9725
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tv9725 on May 6, 10 7:24 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:Why should there be a sequel? Is there too much expectation for happily ever after? I think the ending was a neat surprise!

i think there will be a sequel but have to say i agree with mr russ was neat ending i loved it
it was a very nice twist

tv9725
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tv9725 on May 6, 10 7:26 PM
Euskalduna wrote:I am sorry to go against the majority, but I loved the ending! At last, an ending that surprises me and leaves me wishing for the sequel! Romantic ending, pffft! This was a very logical way to finish this game, and wanting to know what is going to happen and what that silly-looking hero is going to do now. Good for the developers!

completely agree

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on May 7, 10 11:53 AM
yes... a very unexpected ending.... although I just hoped they did more on the "Glimpse the Future" part!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 7, 10 6:28 PM
goarweam wrote:yes... a very unexpected ending.... although I just hoped they did more on the "Glimpse the Future" part!

I was disappointed with the "Glimpse the Future" part, too. After collecting leaves all through the game (though truthfully it was pretty easy), and doing the recipe, I guess I expected more than one picture that told me what I already knew from the ending. I was hoping it would hint at something unexpected.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Horrible Ending

[Post New]by Valdy on May 10, 10 8:00 AM
JessF wrote:The absolute worst ending of any game I have ever played. So bad I would think twice before buying the sequel. Talk about leaving you hanging.

I was so disappointed.

I liked the ending. In fact, it was the perfect ending to a game that will have a sequel - hopefully in the near future.

[Post New]by jillicous on May 15, 10 6:56 PM
The ending sucked! I'm so disappointed. Now I'm going to check the forums before buying any more games because I don't want that to happen again.

So unhappy with this game.

locoowl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by locoowl on May 16, 10 5:58 PM
I did not like the ending. It was very abrupt and there really was no set up for it.

That being said, I would buy the sequel if they make one because I liked the story and I liked the game. I will probably play it through again.

See my review on it for the issues I had, but overall, I liked this effort and thought it was pretty good.

Cheers!!!

[Post New]by mmkess on May 18, 10 11:34 AM
i agree!!!!! I'm obbsesssed with the "happily ever after" endings. I gotta have it- movies, games, books, ect. I don't even read a series of books until the series is complete b/c I refuse to be left hanging and unhappy. This ending sucked. It actaully ruined my day. I invested hours of my life into a fun game and story only to walk away feeling like I lost instead of won. I realize they're probably gonna make another one with the happy eer after but I don't care. I won't buy it. They killed it for me. Whoever decided on the game ending couldn't have been a woman. A woman would've ended with victoria being bitten and some future sceen of her beloved trying to solve the potion puzzle to fix her or something. No woman would've chose I'm hungry- MUAHHHAHHAHH. When did a woman ever go MUAHHHAHHAHH- seriously?

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on May 20, 10 12:45 AM
I'm a woman and I would have done it that way, to be honest. (Without the MUAHHHAHHAHH, maybe, depending on my mood at that time...)

I actually like the ending, because it leaves room for a sequel and because I do not always like those "happily ever after" endings you usually get. And, seriously, did anyone really expect that witch to just let him go without retaliating? And what would hurt him more than still being separated from the woman he loves? (Highlight to read, not spoiling the end here.)

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 20, 10 9:36 AM
Following on from b00kworm's post, there is a hint at this possible outcome. Remember the puppets?

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 20, 10 9:48 AM
I loved the game and was surprised by the ending. I'm looking foward to the sequel and has been mentioned...am sure there would be one with it being a Playfirst game and a hit as well.

I like happily ever after's too. I don't hate the ending and it was nice, in a way, to not have it be the predictable ending of happily ever after....yet anyway.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 20, 10 1:39 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:Following on from b00kworm's post, there is a hint at this possible outcome. Remember the puppets?

Also, what the seer said about the fates keeping something hidden points to a twist in the outcome. I wasn't really surprised by the ending, given what Odette said. What did surprise me, though, was the "Glimpse the Future". I expected it to give me a hint about where the sequel would go, instead of just reaffirming what the ending showed. (If someone doesn't understand exactly what I mean by that, highlight below.)

>We already know that Victoria is now a vampire. Damon wasn't exactly "nice" as a vampire and the only real reason he didn't hand Victoria over to Celeste or turn her into dinner for himself was the Goblin tablet Victoria managed to get. Celeste certainly isn't nice as a vampire, either. We don't know what she was like before, but regardless, no one should really be surprised that Victoria acts like a vampire after becoming one. Or that Damon looks horrified and upset at the turn of events.

Go to: