TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Mall-a-Palooza

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 18, 10 5:10 AM
I definately again would have to agree with ember89 and the reviews below hers, I like these games that Elf Bowling, it's so darn funny. Fawn9, I myself can't wait when these games come out and why not have something for everyone, which is why I choose Big Fish for their variety of games. It is great to see my kids get excited when they see a game they really want to try even if it is Today's release. My kids deserve something new as well, thanks again to Big Fish. Ember, you make sure you give that pretty niece a hug for me, she looked so cute with that giraffe. By the way, don't forget those watermelons and melons, have a good time gardening. Take Care, TMann

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Apr 18, 10 8:14 AM
I would really like this game if it didn't have a timer.

[Post New]by phrederick on Apr 18, 10 11:07 AM
This is a fun and simple game worth killing some time.

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Apr 18, 10 11:59 AM
ember89 I have no problems with your views;all I said was I would like to see a better selection of DD offerings. I like most everyone else appreciate what BF does for us all and I like fawn9 realize (maybe) 95% of all games are hidden object games Actually I think most BF gamers prefer hidden object games But I like fawn9 would like as many TM games as possible. I just want a chance to buy one once in a while for $2.99. I have bought several half price games on that other winning site. LOL HAPPY GAMING everyone.

Edited on 04/18/2010 at 12:07:03 PM PST

Pixie222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Pixie222 on Apr 20, 10 3:29 PM
This game is quite fun but it is extremely short and easy. It could have been extended more and made more challenging. More levels or expert mode would have made it last a little longer but it's ok for a few hours gameplay. It takes a lot to live up to the fantastic royal envoy!

[Post New]by duncandakota on Apr 24, 10 9:36 AM
I really liked this game. I love the builder games and it wasn't too hard and wasnt too easy...just right. I am a full time student and also work full time so games are a relaxation technique I use sometimes to rest my mind...I don't want them to be too hard...after all I am trying to relax...:-)

Its a good game.

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Apr 24, 10 7:00 PM
Hey, I liked this game! I love builder-type games (Build-A-Lot is my favorite) but I haven't really liked any of the recent builder offerings (that one with the beach houses and stuff, for instance) but I liked this one enough to buy it.

It does get challenging (or at least it did for me). I've finished the game but haven't gotten all the trophies yet because there's still a couple levels I can't get Expert on. The bonus levels are cool too, because there's no time limit so it's almost like a "sandbox" level (only it does actually have goals).

All in all, it's my favorite of the recent builder games.

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on May 1, 10 7:54 AM
katy12250 wrote:
What I didn't like (and this may just be part of the game type) is just waiting. Once you've got your stores upgraded, bought plants and trashcans, and hired janitors, you just sit there and wait for the money to pile up. Even with the repairs on the 3rd mall, it was still just waiting. I like more interaction with my games, which you may get in bigger malls. But it just feels like start the ball rolling and watch.

That was probably the worst thing about this game was the waiting. This was a good combination of TM and strategy but it really did need some type of FF button on some of the levels.

I also thought it was a little to short for the experienced player. They are going to breeze through it pretty fast.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on May 3, 10 3:22 PM
This one just didn't do it for me. Pretty poor graphics & no characters or storyline to get involved with. Really good TM games are few & far between...pass....

[Post New]by dina1981 on May 13, 10 11:32 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I think they should definitely come out with a second version with more store types, bigger malls, etc. I just found this game too short. I beat it quite quickly and feel it needs to have a lot more levels. But overall, AWESOME GAME! Much better than Build-a-Mall.

jediliz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jediliz on May 15, 10 8:24 AM
installed the trial, but it doesn't even LOAD for me.......it just crashes to the desktop w/o loading

[Post New]by Jessieb79 on May 16, 10 5:31 AM
Yuck, terrible. One of those games where the annoying parts don't become clear until after the free hour and you've paid a game credit.

It's another game that seemed like a rush job with sloppy work. Like, you'll have twenty store slots, but only six store names. So you have to build three copies of the same store and hire the same person for each of them. That gets boring fast.

Workers are stupid. You can hire a whole precinct of mallcops -- they'll still wander by the stores getting robbed, unless you pick them up and set them down on top of the thief. You pick up maint. men and put them down on broken stores. Why not just have the player fix a problem by clicking on the problem? What's the reason for workers if they don't work?

Someone already mentioned the timer. It's a building game, and I want to be able to build the way I want, not frantically click around on thieves and maintenance issues for five minutes until the timer runs out.

I wish I could get my game credit back. I love builders, but they need to be a lot better.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jun 28, 10 7:03 PM
Just finished playing the demo of this game. I liked it, I thought it was original and liked that it was a unique theme. I enjoyed being able to choose different stores (and employees - though wish there wasn't one "right" choice).

The one thing I didn't care for much with this was the timer. I wanted to spend more time personalizing my mall and you really couldn't do that and meet the time goal as well as the regular goals. I wish this game offered sandbox mode or untimed goals - I think it would have been much more fun.

Still, not a bad game. I'd probably purchase on a DD.

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Apr 1, 11 12:54 PM
I enjoyed this game. Alot

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 12:57:01 PM PST

[Post New]by Marijelly on Dec 3, 11 12:35 PM
I really enjoy this game and I am very picky! The first time I played the demo I didn't fall for it. There was just to much waiting and not much to do. However, somehow I got to play the demo again and a bug (which usually is a bad thing) made the demo last up until the last mall! And this time I was totally hooked and bought it so I could finish it, and to play the bonus levels. After the first hour things get unlocked very fast and you have to hire personnel, plan cleanliness and layout of stores, get the mall rating up in various ways - which also increases building costs etc etc.
I don't think it was too hard, though a few levels I had to replay 3-10 times. You can also go back and replay the previous levels to get a better starting point, since every mall has four levels that builds on each other. There's a lot of strategy to this game which makes it quite complex and much more than the average "click and place things as fast as you can"-type of TM. It could also be categorized as a simulation game, and maybe it is the mix that really ticks my boxes.

I love the graphics, layout, sounds and the game play. Reminds me of the hilarious "Theme hospital", which I used to play in the end of the 90's. Like others said it has a similarity to Build-a-lot, which I also liked but got bored with faster - MaP has more elements to it and funnier graphics.

The characters in this game are just so cute - from the third mall on there is usually so much to do and keep track of that it took a while to notice everything. The bigger the mall gets the more zoomed out it is. But look closely and you'll see how ashamed the robber is when he is caught, or how sadly he walks out when there is a security cam in his target store. Or hear his triumphant "hahaa!" when he thinks he will get away with it!

The first two, maybe three, malls aren't that fun. It's pretty much my only complaint but it is also sad if that puts off potential buyers, which I think is the case. Even if you can see the rest of the options, but locked, it doesn't give you a feeling of the fun game play that actually builds up after about an hour. The first hour feels like a game for much younger kids only.

Also, thanks for a game that is this long! Of course, when you love a game you always want it to be even longer, but MaP really gives you many hours of play for your money. The bonus levels complement the other, sometimes quite hectic, levels in a great way and adds to the replay value.

[Post New]by Marijelly on Dec 3, 11 12:42 PM
Lisa: There is sort of a sandbox mode, one for each mall (total of 8 malls) You have to finish the four levels of a mall to unlock the bonus level (but you don't have to get expert as someone said) In the bonus level, the mall is empty again and you have high money goals only, and no time limit. You can build your mall as you want to and try different strategies, as long as you don't reach the goals.
I think that without the goals in the bonus levels I wouldn't be as motivated to play them, but they could be a little higher so you really get to perfect the mall before the goal is reached.

Go to: