AJ68
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

Re:Post any Mall-a-Palooza technical issues here only

[Post New]by AJ68 on Apr 18, 10 12:42 PM
I am having the "white block issue" as well. My Direct X has been updated. I am frustrated that I have not found a solution as I enjoy the game, but the blocks happen when the security guards need to catch thiefs, so I have been unable to advance to the next level. I have reviewed the help pages and tried the solutions with no luck, help!

dovit
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by dovit on Apr 18, 10 3:34 PM
karenlwuk wrote:On Arabian Nights level 2 the game loses functionality so you cannot upgrade or hie staffo eally do anything

I'm having the same problem - is there a fix?

dovit
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by dovit on Apr 18, 10 4:17 PM
LoriW wrote:
karenlwuk wrote:On Arabian Nights level 2 the game loses functionality so you cannot upgrade or hie staffo eally do anything

I also had this problem. Kept trying to play the level but everytime when I clicked on the shops nothing happened so I was not able to upgrade or buy them. Sometime I was also unable to access the screens for the building, employing, etc buttons.

As a last resort before contacting Customer Support I played the 1st level of Arabian Nights again and this time it went on to level 2 and everything worked. There is another mini-tutorial on this level and you need to purchase something but this tutorial was not coming up before which seems to be why I couldn't progress.

Can you tell me what you have to purchase please I just can't seem to get level 2 to work.

[Post New]by speh0035 on Apr 18, 10 9:08 PM
I think there is an issue with Boxshop mall level 3. You are supposed to build 2 arcades but the function is locked. please help.

[Post New]by Orshortcake on Apr 19, 10 12:28 AM
I was very excited to see a new game that I was actually interested in maybe purchasing. I tried it for the free hour and I got even more excited because I had no issues come up what so ever. No white blocks, no freezing and I was really enjoying the game. I got to level mall 4 level 2 before my time ran out. So I quickly activated my game using my last game credit, started playing and didn't even get to the next level before the white blocks started showing up. It got to the point where my whole screen was nothing but white blocks. I'm so irritated because I had no issues at all during the whole hour and then I buy it and it all goes to hell. I know its not my video card or graphics or computer because I just had everything updated less than 2 weeks ago at a computer shop. I really hope that this gets fixed because its ridiculous.

[Post New]by liz688 on Apr 19, 10 9:22 AM
I can't get this game to run--any advice? I've outlined what I already tried below:

I downloaded the trial of Mall-a-palooza, but when I try to start the game, the menu at the top of my screen (where the apple button, the name of the application running, "file", "edit" etc are) and the toolbar at the bottom of my screen disappear. Normally everything in the middle of the screen would then disappear and the bigfish game screen would come up, but with this game, everything stops for a second, then the menu and toolbar come back up, and the game is marked as having one less minute of free play left, even though I never even saw the initial Big Fish screen, much less the game itself. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and completed all of the suggested updates in your Mac help section, including apple updates, adobe flash updates, and adobe shockwave update. The only one I could not do is the quicktime update, as that shows it is for OS 10.5 and above, and I am running 10.4.11.
How do I get this game to run so that I can play it?

Blue_River
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_River on Apr 19, 10 1:20 PM
okay, so I did everything you said about the graphics card. I even restarted my computer and uninstalled and re-installed the game and I'm still having the same problem. what's next? is there a build or a patch or an update to take care of this? It's a very good game and I'm quite dissappointed that I'm still having the same problem after following your instructions.

[Post New]by Jenn1983 on Apr 19, 10 1:40 PM
grabit2 wrote:
LoriW wrote:

As a last resort before contacting Customer Support I played the 1st level of Arabian Nights again and this time it went on to level 2 and everything worked. There is another mini-tutorial on this level and you need to purchase something but this tutorial was not coming up before which seems to be why I couldn't progress.

this works.. thank you !! i played the first Arabian Nights level again, and this time all is fine.

I'm having trouble with this as well - unfortunately for me, replaying the first level again in Arabian Nights did not solve my problem =/

Is there an update I need to download or something - I'd rather not have a wasted game...

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 19, 10 1:49 PM
For anyone having technical issues that they can't get resolved here on the thread. Remember to contact Customer Support by the and explain what the problem is, what make and model computer/laptop you have and what is the operating system. They can often help you with the problem or pass it on to the developers who may be able to resolve the issues.

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 1:49:58 PM PST

AJ68
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by AJ68 on Apr 19, 10 3:40 PM
On the main menu of the game there is an options tab. This allows you to lower the graphics option and got rid of my white block issue. Now I am having a problem with the Boxtop level getting stuck when I purchase the bookstore franchise. I am going to try going back to previous level and see if I can purchase it there. I have never had so many problems with a BF game and I have been a subscriber since 2006!

[Post New]by Jenn1983 on Apr 19, 10 3:51 PM
Jenn1983 wrote:
grabit2 wrote:
LoriW wrote:

this works.. thank you !! i played the first Arabian Nights level again, and this time all is fine.

I'm having trouble with this as well - unfortunately for me, replaying the first level again in Arabian Nights did not solve my problem =/

Is there an update I need to download or something - I'd rather not have a wasted game...

An update to my situation - I did everything suggested by the help pages. I updated all my software (even if it was unnecessary). I updated my Driver. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I tried playing the Arabian Nights Mall from round 1 again. Nothing has worked. I'm sending a message to them via Customer Support but I just wanted to register here that I am extremely disappointed with this glitch - and as I'm not the only one who is experiencing it, I hope they do something to fix it quickly.

[Post New]by liz688 on Apr 19, 10 5:20 PM
I contacted customer service via the live chat about my problem today, and they said that it was a compatibility issue that couldn't be solved. They couldn't explain why that would be true when my computer is only 2 years old and all other Big Fish games run well on it, or if this kind of compatibility issue will be solved in the future. Basically, they did nothing to help me. So for others looking for help to fix your problems with this game, don't hold your breath, looks like Big Fish really screwed the pooch on this one.

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Apr 19, 10 5:31 PM
Liz - if BFG didn't develop the game they won't be able to fix all the problems with it. We can only hope that the developers take notice and fix the issues. BFG often give a credit back if a game is unplayable for someone and nothing can be done to resolve it. It would be a shame for you not to get to finish the game if you are enjoying it but at least that way you would not have wasted your money.

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 5:33:18 PM PST

nmgirl98
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by nmgirl98 on Apr 19, 10 6:22 PM
Brand new HP Laptop here with the latest updates, etc and this game is freezing/dragging. It's cute but I'm not going to waste money on it until it's fixed. I know it's not on my end. The rest of my games run just fine.

Reminds me of the problems I had with DQ Tycoon

[Post New]by Orshortcake on Apr 19, 10 10:47 PM
AJ68 wrote:On the main menu of the game there is an options tab. This allows you to lower the graphics option and got rid of my white block issue. Now I am having a problem with the Boxtop level getting stuck when I purchase the bookstore franchise. I am going to try going back to previous level and see if I can purchase it there. I have never had so many problems with a BF game and I have been a subscriber since 2006!

I unchecked the box on the options menu for high quality graphics and have had no white box issues. Thanks a bunch!!!

[Post New]by acf_pta on Apr 20, 10 11:27 AM
I also had a problem with the white blocks. I updated my graphics card and Direct X with no resolution. I then checked the options menu in the game. It has a default box checked for "High Quality Graphics." I unchecked the box and have not had any trouble since. I also haven't noticed any reduced graphics quality. Maybe it will work for some of you, as well. It's worth a try!

tayla1212
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tayla1212 on Apr 23, 10 1:49 PM
help!!!! it will never let me on!!! the screen keeps flashing black then it says i have played it when i havent seen it!!! any ideas?? =D

[Post New]by nanerpotpi on Apr 24, 10 5:34 PM
I'm having problems with the white blocks as well. But with me they did not appear until after I bought it. I had no problems until I bought the game. I like it and it appears fun, but I'm really not happy now. Everything is updated right too.

[Post New]by JoeReaves on Apr 24, 10 11:35 PM
aljensal wrote:I have the white blocks too, but I'd already bought the game before they started appearing.

Yeah, me too. It was working fine during the demo then when I got to the third mall I started getting the white blocks.

[Post New]by IlonaFerenc on Apr 25, 10 4:43 AM
Thanks for the tip about deselecting the high level graphics in the options menu - this worked a treat for me and I am really pleased as I like this game. Recommend this solution to anyone who hasn't tried it yet!

Go to: