kparm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kparm on May 15, 17 3:54 PM
Windows 10, paid for game and it won't launch. This also happened with Fear for Sale: Hidden in the Darkness CE, but not Chimeras: Mark of Death CE or Dark Dimension: Vengeful Beauty CE.

Very frustrating, as I have paid for 2 CEs now that won't launch and have done all of the troubleshooting tips and have sent in Dr.Felix file.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 15, 17 4:42 PM
Hello juttawalker and kparm,

Thank you both for taking the time to report your experiences with Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken Collector's Edition. It sounds like things are working out well juttawalker and I'm glad to hear you can play the game and enjoy it. I just wanted to swim by real fast to provide some further assistance for the issue of the game not launching also being reported today.

kparm, before I continue, welcome to the forums and thank you for your patience. It sounds like there is some trouble and that you may have already tried to contact our Support Team. After checking with them, it sounds like the email associated with this particular forum's account hasn't sent a request in to our system.

If you haven't already contacted our Technical Support Team you can do so HERE with details of the two games you are having trouble with. We definitely don't want you to be stuck with games you are unable to play, so be sure to get in touch with our Support Team if you haven't already. If you've sent in a request via a different email than the one associated with your forums' account, be sure to keep in touch with our Reps, who may request additional information. Thank you for understanding and for your patience while waiting on further support.

Thank you all for your patience as well. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Kari55501 on May 15, 17 9:06 PM
I'm having the same issue I have seen listed here multiple times. Game installed correctly with no issue. Attempted to open the game in Game manager and it flickers but doesn't not complete the open. I have reinstalled twice with no success. This has happened with the most recent Fear for Sale CE game as well. I am running Windows 10 with all updates installed as well.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 15, 17 10:22 PM
Yes, exactly the same as you Kari, including problem with Fear for Sale game.
Does that mean we will get an updated version any time soon??

kparm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by kparm on May 16, 17 7:54 AM
It may help if the technical team look at what is common for both Fear for Sale and Reflections of Life, as the problem occurs with those two, but not for others that have been recently released.

[Post New]by MiniHooves on May 17, 17 4:35 PM
Demo worked fine. But all games since three days ago won't open - they flash on the bottom of the taskbar and then nothing. I have Windows 10 - been customer here since early 2000's. This is ridiculous. Old games work fine. Just nothing new.

NOW WHAT? How do I get this game to open and play?

PS Same problems as all the others here. My driver is fine - and cleared cache, etc. It's Big Fish causing problems for us again. So please fix it. Or I'm going to look for another game group. Can't run any new games now.

Edited on 05/17/2017 at 4:37:18 PM PST

[Post New]by dolphyn65 on May 17, 17 11:27 PM
I have windows 10 downloaded this game three times and it will not open I have even uninstalled the manager and reinstalled it and still nothing i am up to date on all updates what am i doing wrong?

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on May 18, 17 12:15 PM
Same as all the others, I have windows 10, newly upgraded. Game won't load, sends me back to the BFG main page. Sad.

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on May 20, 17 4:51 PM
Game will not open after install, not even the trial. Running Windows 10 with all updates installed.

[Post New]by MiniHooves on May 22, 17 6:38 PM
Tech support dropped my help request - sent in DrFelix - never heard from her again
If you guys can't help me, please return my money. And does this mean I will not be able to play games with you guys ever again? Very disappointed in being dropped from Techsoup. Wrote earlier in this forum - same problem with this game and all new games for Windows 10!!!!

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 05/25/2017 at 4:16:27 PM PST

[Post New]by gail854 on May 23, 17 11:00 AM
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

[Post New]by MiniHooves on May 23, 17 8:22 PM
Gail- i am one of the Windows 10 people having problems. I tried what you suggested and it worked!!! Amazing!

So come on Big Fish - put these new games back into high display again - not backwards.

Thanks!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 25, 17 4:36 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response and for discussing the issues being experienced while playing. I can see that the issue that was affecting some Windows 10 players has found a workaround, and I wanted to help provide those steps here should other players encounter it. Thanks for letting us know this was able to assist others too, and I'm also going to be sure to provide the steps for contacting our Support Team should more help be required.

For players that are unable to open their game on Windows 10, likely after a recent Windows update, it is recommended to adjust the screen resolution as it has been reported to help resolve this issue. Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to post the workaround in this thread as well as other threads. For reference, please try the following steps:

1. Lower the launch resolution- switch to 1600 x 1200, or any other resolution if you don't happen to have that one as an option.
2. Launch the game, it should open.
3. Exit the game.
4. Revert the computer's screen to your preferred resolution

For more information about screen resolution, please see the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Screen Resolution

That should help resolve that quickly, however, if you are seeing trouble with the game beyond those steps or are seeing a separate issue, don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance. If you'd like further troubleshooting support, I recommend also providing a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and what you would like help with. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as quickly as they can to help with the tools they have available.

Edited on 05/25/2017 at 4:37:55 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 25, 17 4:36 PM
I also wanted to quickly remind all of our players to try to be aware of and abide by the Forum Rules while posting and specifically would like to remind of the following rule:

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

We request players not post details from private messages as they may not be applicable to other players and to help protect the privacy of everyone involved in the conversation. Thank you for helping keep everyone's privacy safe while enjoying the forums.

Thank you all for your patience. Please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with any further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

JRDALLAS
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JRDALLAS on Jun 7, 17 7:39 AM
Well here we go again. I have win 10, have deleted this game 3 times. The trail download was fine, so as usual after I PURCHASE IT, IT WILL NOT OPEN. This seems to happen more and more with big fish. Followed the help instructions and did not help. Seems I have another useless game from Big Fish.

JRDALLAS
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JRDALLAS on Jun 9, 17 10:40 AM
Bought 2 games at one time. Reflections and The forgotten fairy tales, they seem to be tied together and will not open. So I download separately, still will not open. I have been a member since the early 2000's and recently the quality has seriously dropped for big fish. There seems to be a serious problem with the vetting of their games. Time to move on.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jun 9, 17 11:08 AM
@JRDALLAS
Just wondered if you tried gail854's suggestion? Seemed to help MIniHooves

gail854 wrote:I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

[Post New]by isabreizh on Jun 10, 17 7:10 PM
gail854 wrote:I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot gail854, it worked for me too ! I already have a 1600x900 resolution so I just choose the one below and I can finally play "Reflections of life" and "Fear for sale".

Edited on 06/10/2017 at 7:11:48 PM PST

meb28
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by meb28 on Jun 14, 17 5:15 PM
This game will NOT work!!!!!! I've uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times. I don't care about workarounds, run modes or any of that!!! I want what I get MOST of the time here. Click and play. This totally sucks that I spend thirty dollars of my hard earned money on games and then they don't work and you have to use little tricks to fool the computer to make them work!! I will be uninstalling this game AGAIN. It's a pity because it looked really cool!! PLEASE, PLEASE get this game working.

[Post New]by SacredLites on Jun 15, 17 9:23 AM
gail854 has solved this issue!!! My game no longer worked after the update, wouldn't even load UNTIL I changed my resolution, lowering it made the game work just fine. Thanks gail854, much appreciated b/c I didn't even know my game wasn't going to work anymore a month after playing it just fine.

Go to: