Re:Bucket List Trip - Alaska

[Post New]by roses_r_red on May 24, 17 6:05 PM
enjoying the ribs and I brought some potato salad.

Looks like we need to keep the dragons busy. I put out a call and it looks like they are all showing up even if their owners don't.

The dragons are all busy scratching up the dirt for a big vegetable garden. Hagrida and Bolt! Not over there! keep the garden on this side of the castle! Now it is time to fertilize...the dragons are having a ball! They are taking turns dive bombing the garden area and dropping you know what! Makes great fertilizer!

I brought some tomato plants to start. Everyone jump in with your favorite veges. Thunder and Lightning are dropping buckets of water from the river. Looks like they dumped a few fish that got swept up in the buckets! Oh well, fish makes good fertilizer too!

There are several pigs roasting for the dragons. I see Draghi, Dozer, Bubba and Skybolt have worked up an appetite. Here comes Torchie, Fen Follet, Seraphina and Bertha. (Have I missed anyone?)

Looks like everyone is worn out and will sleep well tonight.

Edited on 05/24/2017 at 6:07:35 PM PST

[Post New]by roses_r_red on May 24, 17 6:13 PM
Oh, here comes Rocky. Just in time to eat and not have to do any work!

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 24, 17 11:07 PM
Good grief roses, are you sure we can handle them all on our own? With Buddytrex on holiday and so is Kara, Theo seems to have done a runner as has Eli.
They are a lot to cope with.

At least they are busy with the garden. I've brought along some courgette plants (zucchini) and some parsnips, along with carrots . That should give Buddy a good start. Tomatoes are always welcome, so good choice roses.
Maybe I shouldn't have found that other bottle of rum for Theo. Hey ho such is life.
Roasting pigs for the dragons---- save some for me please.

Edited on 05/24/2017 at 11:08:31 PM PST

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 25, 17 8:16 AM
Kara back at the weekend, lets make sure her dragon is on his best behaviour. Anybody got any more veggies to plant?

[Post New]by roses_r_red on May 25, 17 9:14 AM
We should be ok as long as we keep them all busy. This morning they are gathering more wood to keep the fires going. When they finish that, they can go catch fish for lunch.
Meanwhile, I think we should open that bottle of rum...just to taste it to make sure it's good.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 25, 17 10:58 AM
That'll draw Theo out if she thinks we're drinking the rum got any coke I can't drink neat rum.

Kara will pop in at the weekend so let's save her some garden space to plant a few things.

Dragons are being well behaved, I'm really pleased because Hagrida can be a little devil when she wants to be and normally takes delight in teasing the others.

Fish for lunch will make a nice change from chilli. What do we want with it. ?
Some form of potatoes would be nice. Where are you Ima?

[Post New]by roses_r_red on May 25, 17 11:23 AM
I brought some cornbread to go with the chili. I think there is some coke in the ice cream truck...hope it's not frozen.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 25, 17 11:50 PM
Good news roses, Purple Martini is back in the manor. She has made a vast amount of new cocktails and I've asked her to bring them along. Looks like the gang could be getting together again.

Hopefully we'll get some tatas later as well in the meantime, let's get some more done on the garden. It appears that all the spilt chilli has been cleared up and the ground well fertilised.
That fish was delish, would have been better with a few fries but maybe next time.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 26, 17 10:56 AM
Kara just arrived home from holiday and may call in later. Hagrida has kept the BBQ going and there is plenty of food. Chilli in the cauldron and salads on the side.

Ice cream truck full of ice for cold drinks, so it seems we have everything we need.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on May 26, 17 11:29 AM
The martinis have arrived! Yummm. I left off the fangs.

The dragons are in and out. Some had to fly home to get their chores done before the weekend.

Hagrida is doing a fabulous job keeping the fires going. I gave her a special ice cream treat for all her hard work.

The dragons that are still around are having dragon races up to the volcano and back. Think we'll need to refresh all of them with ice cream when they finish.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 27, 17 1:33 AM
Plenty of ice cream churning ready for the returning dragons, food a plenty, and drinks galore ---- now where are the party goers ?

[Post New]by roses_r_red on May 27, 17 7:41 AM
Abbie, if no one else shows up, at least we won't have to worry about running out of food.

The dragons have just finished off their lunch and are heading for the ice cream truck.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 27, 17 8:36 AM
Hey, if nothing else, Buddy is coming back to a brand new veggie garden and a very tidy manor.
I'm surprised nobody noticed their dragons were gone -- still, they are enjoying themselves, they've done some good work and best of all they've behaved themselves --- with the exception of Hagrida and her low flying antics.

I think you and I should have a lovely meal tonight with plenty of cold drinks and maybe a little music ?. The dragons can all join in and have fun too.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on May 27, 17 3:01 PM
We'll have a feast! There is a lot of food since no one has shown up! Plenty of rum for us too! The dragons have gone fishing again so there will be plenty of fish to go with everything else.

Dig in!

I planted some lettuce, spinach, potatoes, and bell peppers. What else should we put in?

Edited on 05/27/2017 at 3:02:34 PM PST

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 28, 17 1:52 AM
Just had a thought roses,, what if we plant some corn on the cob? It takes a while to grow but we could them have some barbecued later on at another party.( with Buddy's permission of course)

Bit disappointed that not many people showed up but we've had fun and more importantly the dragons have had some good flying exercise. They need that being cooped up for lengthy periods of time.

What if we have some races for them later on with a few prizes. They could race to the river and bring back some water to give the veggies a good start. That will get Thunder and Lightning used to watering the veg when Buddy gets back. She'll be pleased with that I think.

We could also race them round the castle turrets. What can we give as prizes?

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on May 28, 17 3:41 AM
Sorry I missed the fun on return from holiday got lost under a mountain of washing but will be there or the next one
Kara

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on May 28, 17 4:10 AM
I'm also lost, under a mountain of work. I have some new projects and no time to play. Yesterday I put AWAY on half my manors, as I can't even do my daily rounds. (((Why oh why do I have all those manors?))). Hope you had fun!

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 28, 17 8:47 AM
Hi Kara, there's still tomorrow! It's still a holiday for us in Uk I'm not sure about US. We left you a small patch of garden so that you could plant something.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on May 28, 17 11:48 AM
Monday is a holiday in the US. Since I'm retired, it really doesn't make much difference to me.

Planting corn sounds great! Still some room for anyone with more ideas.

The dragons have started racing back and forth with buckets of water to water the veges. The one who makes the most water runs wins an extra gallon of ice cream.
The race ends when 100 buckets have been poured. Do not want to over water!

More pigs are roasting for all the hungry dragons with one set aside for us. Looking forward to the ribs...do we have any barbecue sauce?

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on May 29, 17 7:15 AM
2 cauldrons of barbecue sauce freshly made. As for other veggies I can't think of anything right now but will see if I can get hold of some strawberry plants. Would they grow well here.?

Go to: