Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by morriswidow on May 21, 17 2:06 AM
Having the same problem as a lot of others!! Just had update on Windows 10 now game won't open. No error message just will not open. Was fine before update. Uninstalled and reinstalled but just the same. Very frustrating, please sort this out xx

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Spectra World CE here.

[Post New]by 60schild on May 21, 17 2:39 AM
Is anyone having trouble with the hint button and the bracelet in the "bonus chapter?" The hint button isn't working at all and the bracelet won't activate on the creature in the portal (this is at the beginning of the bonus chapter). I've tried changing difficulties and did uninstall/re-install the game. Thanks in advance.

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on May 21, 17 2:40 AM
Mac OS 10.12.5; game opened at the second try after watching the coloured ball spin for some while, the first try aborted completely.
In the game, the mouse (bluetooth) lagged in some locations, like it did in the intro.
After exiting the game, it was still showing as open in the dock. Had to close it from there.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 21, 17 4:58 AM
I'm running Windows 10 and the game does not open for me either. The usual troubleshooting didn't sort things out. Not very happy at the moment.

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on May 21, 17 5:51 AM
60schild wrote:Is anyone having trouble with the hint button and the bracelet in the "bonus chapter?" The hint button isn't working at all and the bracelet won't activate on the creature in the portal (this is at the beginning of the bonus chapter). I've tried changing difficulties and did uninstall/re-install the game. Thanks in advance.

same problem for me - any one help?

nykitkat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by nykitkat on May 21, 17 7:59 AM
HoneyVegas wrote:
60schild wrote:Is anyone having trouble with the hint button and the bracelet in the "bonus chapter?" The hint button isn't working at all and the bracelet won't activate on the creature in the portal (this is at the beginning of the bonus chapter). I've tried changing difficulties and did uninstall/re-install the game. Thanks in advance.

same problem for me - any one help?

Same for me. Regular chapter worked fine but I am having the same problems with the bonus chapter.

kboozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kboozer on May 21, 17 1:27 PM
Game downloads just fine but won't load. This is the second game that has done this to me. I have Windows 10, 64 bit, everything's up to date. Don't get it. This shouldn't be happening. I have been with Big Fish for years and this sort of thing should be looked at. It's not right that some can play and others can't. What are we paying for monthly. if we can't try all of the games?

Questo14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Questo14 on May 21, 17 3:30 PM
Bonus game opens but is not responding to mouse. Example, can't use bracelet to get rid of bird, hint button does not respond. any suggestions?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 21, 17 4:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report these experiences while playing The Forgotten Fairy Tales: The Spectra World Collector's Edition. It sounds like there may be an issue for players on Windows 10, and I am going to go ahead and provide this information to the right teams so they are aware of players encountering this issue while playing. I also wanted to swim by real fast to provide some suggested steps as well as how to reach our Support Team for further assistance should it be necessary.

Players have reported that changing the computer's resolution has helped restore functionality to the game if playing on Windows 10 and if those players have recently seen a Windows update that seems to have affected their games. If you'd like to see if that helps, please try the following steps:

1. Lower the screen's resolution such as to 1600 x 1200 or another similar resolution.
2. Launch the game
3. Exit the game
4. Revert your computer to your preferred screen resolution
5. The game should now launch without issue.

The following steps may be helpful for players looking to change their screen resolution:

Screen Resolution

If the above steps don't seem to help, the following steps for the specific operating system may help out:

Windows 10

Some players on Mac computers have reported issues, and I wanted to provide some general steps that can quickly determine if more assistance would be necessary to try to resolve the issue. Please see if the following general Mac troubleshooting steps help if you are seeing trouble playing this game on Mac:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Please reach out to our Technical Support Team if the above steps don't seem to help, or if you'd just like further assistance. Our Reps will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this helps out. If there are further questions, don't hesitate to contact any of the active Moderators. We're happy to listen and help out.

bfgIlinalta

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on May 21, 17 8:04 PM
I did the screen resolution thing and it worked. I'll try that again if/when I have the same problem. A small annoyance.
Too bad the game was not something I want after all the trouble!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 22, 17 3:15 AM
The screen resolution suggestion worked for me too. Hopefully it will work for other players as well.

ETA: Thanks for the help, bfgIlinalta.

Edited on 05/22/2017 at 3:18:46 AM PST

Zaxs1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Zaxs1 on May 22, 17 10:38 AM
This is the second game I have not been able to play after it was downloaded.
I need to know what the problem Is. please contact me if I need to install something
new or do I need to delete the entire game and game mgr from my system and start over. Thank you

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 22, 17 11:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to hear that the Windows 10 steps above from bfgIlinalta have helped offer a resolution to the technical issues experienced. If players continue to have issues on Windows 10 and have tried the steps above, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to provide further assistance beyond what the forums can provide.

Zaxs1, I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble opening this game after downloading it. Since it doesn't look like a message alerting to download a third party software is involved, it may be helpful to run the game as an administrator so that the necessary permissions can be obtained to run properly. Please refer to these specific steps in the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Run Game as Administrator

If you continue to have issues, the Customer Support Team can help provide assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

janiestep
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by janiestep on May 22, 17 12:08 PM
I am in the lava, cannot find what I am supposed to put in the statue's hand, hint just keeps asking me what is in his hand.

expotanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by expotanne on May 23, 17 3:02 AM
Yet another game that will not open - this makes 3 or 4 now. I run Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11, DirectX Version 11 - I meet all the requirements of the programme specifications and yet it just won't open.

I click on the box to open it and get nothing. I open the BF app and it tells me "Thank you for playing, play again!".. chance would be a fine thing!

I am having issues with the following games as well as this one: Reflections of Life: Hearts Taken, Fear For Sale: Hidden in Darkness, Surface: Reel Life and Grim Tales: Graywitch (which I had actually started but then it suddenly wouldn't open!)

I am beginning to wonder if it is worth the subscription if I can't play a lot of the new games - I have put the relevant posts on the relevant forums as well but got nowhere..

UPDATE: The resolution thing worked - my question is why? Why should I have to reduce the resolution on my monitor to make brand new games run??? I could understand it if they were older games, but new ones - that is a bit of a joke really.

Edited on 05/23/2017 at 3:13:44 AM PST

[Post New]by akfireb on May 23, 17 5:19 PM
I just purchased this game. Every 20 minutes or so it Freezes up and then says there is a FATAL ERROR!!!
I am done trying to play it!!

[Post New]by malcolmbart on May 24, 17 5:37 AM
Running fully updated Windows 10. The game is extremely slow transitioning between scenes.

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on May 24, 17 7:13 PM

ok
i am about ready to give up on Big Fish !!! I have tried to download 5 games this week and one downloaded fine one would never download the other three would never open ! This game downloaded then validated then when I click play, it goes to thanks for playing, 90 minutes left in your free trial ! BUT I NEVER PLAYED !!!!!! If you cant get games that will work on Windows 10 then no sense paying the monthly fee!! I purchase a lot of games but lately not even 1/2 of them will work ! Its not my computer as you can tell by all the previous TECH ISSUES ! !!!

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 24, 17 10:00 PM
NEW ISSUE - Running Win 7 Pro 64-bit and cannot do anything in bonus game (a couple others have mentioned this but it's getting no response). Was able to pick up bracelet but cannot use it to get rid of bird thing. Cannot progress.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by A1psyko on May 25, 17 5:37 AM
Still the same issue. I do see all the suggestions to "Fix" this game. I tried some but I shouldn't have to stand on my head, hold my left foot in the air and lean left to get a game to work. Sorry this is my smart mouth thursday and I am frustrated that a game that I am interested in trying won't work correctly. And I have to go through all this for a game.

Go to: