Mystic Gallery

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Re:Mystic Gallery

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 4:30 AM
belamba wrote:Hi Terrymann,
I was so wanting a great HOG today as I have a rare day off! But not to be. Plenty of unfinished games to play though.
Hope you get a good TMG soon; but selfishly not til I get a great iHOG lol!
Happy gaming,
La Bamba :-))
That's okay, if you get yours first, I have all the time in the world and besides I am still playing my M3 games at the moment. So take care and thanks for the PM!! TMann

diner524d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by diner524d on Apr 19, 10 4:40 AM
Not a buy for me. I never did find the vase, axe or feather in the first scene even with using the hints and magnifier, but did do the four mini games, which also weren't anything great. It is such a fuzzy scene, wasn't worth the time trying to find the rest of the objectives.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Apr 19, 10 4:45 AM
Thanks to all!!!! You saved me a lot of time.
Dr.good

[Post New]by sweetcandygames on Apr 19, 10 4:47 AM
Hello for all of the fishies, im one of the catmoon members who developed the game.

You can't find objects ? Nobody talked about the infinite help! If you cant find an element just press the hint button ! It is so easy and unlimited !!!!

The "mistic o meter" is calibrated to very friendly, you can to make at least 50 times of misclicks before its run out, so its absolutely no painfull !

Don't forget : you are running for your restorer diploma in this game, and you are a student ! Yes, it's a little bit challanging...but there are absolutely no stressfull, you can't lost, and you can be a winner easily.

Don't forget about the '"My gallery" option, you can replay any of your paintings to make a better score on that if needed.

Give a chance for this game, there are 7 integrated minigames, and more than 50 hidden object scenes, so it's some hours of fun, not a short "play and go" experience.

If you have any questions, just let me know, im happy to answer them.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 19, 10 5:04 AM
Well, that's kind of awkward.

sengel
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sengel on Apr 19, 10 5:38 AM
Goodness, goodness, after wading through Crime and Punishment, I found this HOG to be a delightful change of pace. It is such a small footprint for a game this length and I so appreciate that, as my hard drive is already fairly "game heavy". I did not find the resolution to be a problem, nor the object placement too obscure, and the minigames were do-able and engaging. The fact that the paintings identification was missing, probably has more to do with the mini-game questions about them and the paintings are lesser known works and I had a fine time looking for them in CGFA, which I would recommend if you are interested in fine art.

I would recommend trying this game before you let the nay sayers discourage you.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Apr 19, 10 5:41 AM
Thanks SweetCandyGames

I am on the fence. Since you are here my question for you is. Why make the background so grainy lQQking?
We play games for fun not eyesoreness

I like the game concept. I wish the game would tell you how many gems to find in each picture. I played some of the 3rd Picture.

I came to check the reviews and to see how many Pictures their are.

Charm

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 19, 10 5:46 AM
sweetcandygames wrote:Hello for all of the fishies, im one of the catmoon members who developed the game...

Thank you for posting! I always appreciate input from the Devs. I am sorry to say that I also agree that this is just not a good game. Some of my issues:

1. Muddy, fuzzy images. This makes even the mist obvious objects hard to see. The magnifier does not make them any clearer.

2. The Hint area is a bit too large. I used a couple Hints and was not really helped because the graphics were so fuzzy and the Hint area too large.

3. The meter is indeed generous but most people do not appreciate being penalized for misclicks especially when the graphics are not clear.

4. Too many minigames. Most of us are used to one per level.

5. To talky. Even though I could click past the monologue, I found it lengthy and repetitious. I also resented being interrupted for praise from the vampire lady.

6. The spinning wheel. This may have produced a random choice but I felt it was just for show. I played 3 or 4 times and each time I had to play the game where I pick 3 target items, No surprise there. When the wheel stopped on an "X", it jumped to an adjacent space instead of giving me another spin. I didn't like the icons on the wheel. It would have been better to have icons that were more indicative of the minis or even the names of the minis. The icons used also led me to believe there was no randomness to that wheel (even if there really was). Also, the flying disks made no sense to me. If I am going to have to play 4 minis anyway, why should I bother catching those disks? What was the purpose?

7. International Scores. I got nothing from that. As a student, I was never graded that way. If you do this kind of game again, skip this feature unless it is a game about a sports exposition.

8. The Art. I recognized several of the paintings. I love art and have purchased other art games. You should include information about the paintings - title, artist, genre, media. I played only the Demo so I did not see this information though it may be included someplace in the game (?).

9. Restoration. I missed this. Do we actually do any restoration? The closest thing to this were the jigsaw minis and they were only put together, not restored.

I like the idea of the game but it could use some more work to make it a game attractive to most players. I am sorry but it is not for me.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Apr 19, 10 6:02 AM
.....I hate starting a new week ..with another bad game !!! I see a CE in the pond in the very near future ..Due to the sales for the past weeks have got to be down.. they have got to make up for it ..just a prediction !!! .

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Apr 19, 10 6:19 AM
sweetcandygames wrote:Hello for all of the fishies, im one of the catmoon members who developed the game.

You can't find objects ? Nobody talked about the infinite help! If you cant find an element just press the hint button ! It is so easy and unlimited !!!!

The "mistic o meter" is calibrated to very friendly, you can to make at least 50 times of misclicks before its run out, so its absolutely no painfull !

Don't forget : you are running for your restorer diploma in this game, and you are a student ! Yes, it's a little bit challanging...but there are absolutely no stressfull, you can't lost, and you can be a winner easily.

Don't forget about the '"My gallery" option, you can replay any of your paintings to make a better score on that if needed.

Give a chance for this game, there are 7 integrated minigames, and more than 50 hidden object scenes, so it's some hours of fun, not a short "play and go" experience.

While the "help" may be infinite, it's not very definite. In about the third HOG painting, the last item I needed to find was a "bow". I clicked on the hint button several times, but still couldn't find a bow within the LARGE hint circle that appeared. I'm not a fan of these indefinite hint systems. If I need help and use the hint option, show me the money! Sorry, but like others here, I don't care for the game at all. Very blurry HOG scenes and a definite no-buy for me.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 19, 10 6:20 AM
Sweetcandygame, sorry to say, but the game has very poor quality.
See Play First "Love and Death Bitten" screens with their resolution - that's the kind of resolution we want.

I couldn't find the objects, even with the magnifying glass, because the screens are blurry and muddy. Why? I play for pleasure, and hate to be tortured, only because the developer wants to show me how smart he is. Yes, may be he is smart, but I am depressed and angry, and will not buy his product.

I am not a kid to be "slapped" on the hand when I fail. That meter is not giving to me any challenge, except the bad feeling of a failure, when I miss the blurry objects, and they are blurry.

I agree with every word Bribling said. I played many "restoration" games, but this is the most annoying of them all. As if someone "hates" my effort to succeed, and put on my way all the obstacles he thought of. That's not the way to treat a customer, sorry.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Apr 19, 10 6:26 AM
thanks you guys. I'm not even going to try this. Blurry graphics = no go, for me. (And I personally don't like art-themed games that much). I saw the screen shots and thought, "yuck, don't like the looks of that one." Then read the reviews which confirmed it.

Another lackluster offering.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 19, 10 6:47 AM
I added on to my first review on the first page of this thread. Though I knew of some fishies that still wanted to check the game out, even after they read the first few reviews. I am sorry if I was not very helpful and having you come to this page to see what the developer had to say. I already knew you all had your minds pretty much made up, but I was honestly hoping that even after a few minutes of playing this game it would have gotton better, obviously not. TMann

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 6:48:09 AM PST

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Apr 19, 10 6:52 AM
Thanks to all of you for the fantastic reviews! I am going to have to pass on this one too, for all of the reasons mentioned above; number one being the fuzzy/muddy graphics. I am SO ready for a good hidden object game and I am with my other fishie friend who stated we are probably in for another CE with this long dry spell. What happened BF?

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Apr 19, 10 7:15 AM
Played this game for all of 45 minutes hoping somewhere along the line it would get better. It did not!

Seems like the makers of some of the games lately either have had a brain freeze or have lost their imaginations.

The spin-o-meter is a joke! Plain and simple. The mini games are about the level of what a child would enjoy.

I have seen some rotten games that have came out for game consoles but this one beats them in poor taste and judgement in creativity.

I don't post much but this particular game, I would agree with most that have had a negative reaction.

Edited on 04/19/2010 at 7:16:51 AM PST

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Apr 19, 10 7:21 AM
Then I will add that as a person who worked on this game, what were you thinking?
A child would have had more imagination and probably would have helped out in making it a better game.

If no one else will quote you and tell you, I will.

This game sucks big time!

sweetcandygames wrote:Hello for all of the fishies, im one of the catmoon members who developed the game.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Apr 19, 10 7:45 AM
I finished the demo, survived all 60 mins, what a boring game, sorry sweetcandygames, it was not for me. Bigfish must be scraping the barrel, only four games on my punch card, this month. I now have 4 bigfish plushies, 3 more arrived today. Anyone in the U.K. want one?

[Post New]by sweetcandygames on Apr 19, 10 8:04 AM
Hey people !

Thanks for everybody the comments ! We are listening for you !

dragonfairy5 :
If your children have more creativity, then you are lucky, you have the chance to make a hit hidden object game What you are waiting for ? Ask him to start a game design !!

"The spin-o-meter is a joke!" : why ? any spinning "lucky" wheels have more complexity ?

bribling :
Thanks for your great review and time ! We are open minded to any comments.
I will answer for you point by point :

Blurry images : the game has a setup on 800*600 pixels. Mostly it's the reason for a blurry picture, probably you, who reported that problem have a much bigger screen than an old 17 inch monitor, but some of yours still have an old configuration, isnt it ?

You can find the objects in the MIDDLE of the hint circle. It's easy !

You guys afraiding about any of a "meter" without a give-minute-to-understand-it.
If you are unhappy with any of a "meter" then a game with a setup for a "running for a diploma" is not for you, becouse the base setup is too stressfull, isnt it ?
Anyway we tested a lot the game and none of the testers was able to make this meter empty ! They are the same age and gender like most of you ! I can't believe that it is that big problem. I think you guys simple HATE meters and i can't make any good one for you.

Too many minigames ?? It's not too much, it's a nice variety. If there could be 1 or two minigames then most of the people just say : "its poor and not enough". Where is the truth ?

I can't say anything for this point. Some people are able to read this text, some isn't. In my next game i will use moving pictogramms to communicate with yours

Icons : it's very subjective, you don't like it, others like it.

The "x" method was built in as a recommendation from one of the game's publishers, so we did it !

The flying disk is a chance to change your actual disk for another one if you don't like the actual minigame setup on the actual disk.
EACH flying disk have a DIFFERENT setup, believe me

If you don't accept the game's base setup then i can't help you, sorry. The base setup is that : you are a student in the head quarter of an international art school. And they have this scroring system to give you back more feedback on your knowledge and gameplay. Don't forget, you can to replay any of the paintings in the "My Gallery" menupoint to make a better score points !

For severa

[Post New]by sweetcandygames on Apr 19, 10 8:05 AM
For several copyright issues we aren't able to show the original titles and painters of the pictures. Some others did, now are they in legal trouble.

Yes, it is restoration. We have this way to restorate pictures.
I hope our next game will be more a "game for you".

Again : thanks for your time for your review, its was very helpfull and informative !

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 19, 10 8:15 AM
Not even going to DL this one. (Bombed again, BFG. The DD is a pass, too.) I am not into HOGs anymore. If one has a lot of mini-games, and the mini-games are good ones, then I can suffer through the HOG scenes. Sounds like the minis are no challenge in this one, either.

Heck, I passed on the Clumsys yesterday as a DD, because I already have too many HOGs languishing in my library, and at least the Clumsys was kind of... cute. Geesh, some of the fan-made HOG scenes at V*qua are really good and challenging, so how hard is it to make a good HOG?

Nah. I still have 3 games to go this month, and 3 coupons that must me spent. Hope something to spend 'em on comes out soon...

Go to: