HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

Re:Disgrace!!!!

[Post New]by HennyMarie on May 26, 17 8:33 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
HennyMarie wrote:

My question is: why do you do random HOS??

I'm guessing that was just a rhetorical question but to add:

There are more than one reason to do random HOS.

Coins is obvious
To gather the daily energy balls
To build up airship items for DQ's
To try and get extra supplies in advance of DQ's
Extra pet food

May be more reasons. Those are just right at the forefront of my mind at the moment.

Okaaaaay do you get coins? Yes
Do you get energi balls? Yes
Do you get airship items? Yes
Do you get extra supplies? Sometimes.
Do you get pet food? Yes
Do you get stamps? Yes
Do you get giftboxes? Yes
Do you get bored? Ohh yes often
Have you been promised anything else? Nooooo

I am working on getting the 100.000 shard achievement.. I do not get shards enough

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 26, 17 8:54 AM
HennyMarie wrote:

I am working on getting the 100.000 shard achievement.. I do not get shards enough

That's a bugger of an achievement. Can't believe it's THAT high.

I've resigned myself that this is going to be one long term project. I worked double time (even when I was in pain) to gather SE supplies to shard. Will be working double time during the next event to do the same... and the next.

I haven't sharded anything yet. Using only what I manage to gather from daily play to fulfill Trina's quest until I get enough keys to open all the slots in all the Private Rooms. After that Trina will get completely ignored and I'll shard the Event items toward that achievement and start buying furniture.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 26, 17 8:57 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
HennyMarie wrote:

That's a bugger of an achievement. Can't believe it's THAT high.

I've resigned myself that this is going to be one long term project. I worked double time (even when I was in pain) to gather SE supplies to shard. Will be working double time during the next event to do the same... and the next.

I haven't sharded anything yet. Using only what I manage to gather from daily play to fulfill Trina's quest until I get enough keys to open all the slots in all the Private Rooms. After that Trina will get completely ignored and I'll shard the Event items toward that achievement and start buying furniture.

Can't remember what level you're on, so this might not be good advice for you, but I keep only 5 of each item that pops out of zoom zones (exceptions being items that open other zoom zones, like the strangled ruby, blood lotus) and shard the rest. Pick up a lot of shards that way since I'm doing the DQ's and Trina quests.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on May 26, 17 9:36 AM
For this reason I finally returned to my 2 lower games, where it is nice to be rewarded with an actual item.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 26, 17 10:06 AM
TiramaSue wrote:

Can't remember what level you're on, so this might not be good advice for you, but I keep only 5 of each item that pops out of zoom zones (exceptions being items that open other zoom zones, like the strangled ruby, blood lotus) and shard the rest. Pick up a lot of shards that way since I'm doing the DQ's and Trina quests.

Level 74 and I'll take your advice.

By my calculations when I'm ready to start a sharding spree I can come up with almost 30,000 shards with what I have. I was really busy running HOS during the SE. Got loads of regular HOS items (minus items needed for DQ's, LOL) and SE items as well.

Looking forward the next event to pick up at least that much more. If I work diligently at it I'll have the 100,000 by the end of the year (crossing fingers).

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on May 26, 17 12:14 PM
I finally got the shard achievement but mostly from disenchanting items
Like the special event items... I don't keep more than 50 of each item and
a lot of them are worth 3 shards. I also have a feeder game and I gift
myself a high shard value item every day to be disenchanted. Soooooo glad
I got that one done, it was a bugger!!!

skell169
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by skell169 on May 26, 17 2:56 PM
Hello all just wanted to say I have throughly enjoyed reading your entries as always a few made me laugh, I do love it when people pop in and leave a message.
Thank You All For Taking The Time. Your Friend Rona

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on May 27, 17 6:16 AM
Well, I'm having an extremely shardy day today! All you shard fiends should be quite envious of my luck today - 5 of 8 HOS gave me shards!
And not one useful item. I'm so disgusted!

I miss the Terrace-shard-free Zone!

At this point, I'd settle for just the Core of the Castle being shard-free. Just think how wonderful it would be to actually get an item you ALWAYS need more of from the Crypt & the Carraige & the Belfry instead of a stinking shard! I literally go a month or more between Torches. That's just sadistic.

Edited on 05/27/2017 at 6:57:59 AM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on May 27, 17 11:28 AM
Debchet wrote:I finally got the shard achievement but mostly from disenchanting items
Like the special event items... I don't keep more than 50 of each item and
a lot of them are worth 3 shards. I also have a feeder game and I gift
myself a high shard value item every day to be disenchanted. Soooooo glad
I got that one done, it was a bugger!!!

What item do you gift yourself to shard?

Go to: