bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on May 26, 17 4:57 PM
Hi there dragonrain,

I completely understand wanting help getting a game that's been purchased to work, and I really want to get your Collector's Edition running properly. Since it sounds like the troubleshooting steps in Big Fish Games Help didn't resolve the error code, I'd recommend submitting a ticket to our Technical Customer Support Team. They're the best equipped to help you. Please include the error code being received and a Dr. Felix report with your inquiry.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators if any more questions or concerns arise. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jessica_marple on May 27, 17 3:20 AM
The game kicked me back to GM without warning in a HO scene ( I restarted), in the middle I had a strange access violation error (see below) and again as I tried to enter the secret room.
Using WIN 10 build 1703 creators update and nvidia gtx960. Using always the GM to install and let it install to D (C disc - same as OS - is known for causing trouble sometimes with DRM especially with older games). Finished the game and deleted without entering secret room.
To WIN 10 (maybe others too) users: try to be always patient, a little bit of waiting gains often success (freezes, activations eg) - that is what I learned with this OS
I got a black screen and had to hit the Taskmanager keys (ctrl alt delete) twice!, then finally I got the access violation message and could say OK, game closed, then I restarted and could go on..

[Post New]by dimelet on May 27, 17 8:03 AM
I have windows 10 desktop and the trial version will not uninstall error 365

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on May 27, 17 10:27 AM
Hello jessica_marple and dimelet,

I'm sorry to hear Haunted Hotel: Personal Nightmare Collector's Edition isn't running as it should be, and I want to do everything I can to fix these problems. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

When games kick players out, jessica_marple, updating your computer's video card driver can fix whatever's causing them to crash. Giving your computer permissions to run the Collector's Edition as an administrator can also fix this issue. To learn how to update your computer's video card driver and to run the Collector's Edition with administrator permissions, please refer to the respective help pages below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

To troubleshoot the error code that's been received, dimelet, please take a look at the help page below, which helps identify error codes and provides troubleshooting instructions as well.

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App

If the instructions in the aforementioned help pages don't work, please submit a ticket to our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to help you going forward. Please make sure to include a Dr. Felix report with your inquiry.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active moderators if any more questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on May 27, 17 11:20 AM
Lots of problems with lagging performance. Also one inventory item went invisible but I was able to still click on where it was supposed to be and use it; and twice the HO puzzle had no items in the inventory section to show what you were supposed to be trying to find. Several times when I clicked to zoom in on an area the window that popped up was blank or filled with white. Then I tried to quit to the menu but none of the menu items were visible either, just blank.

Thankfully so far I've been able to quit and start the game again at the same place and continue on, but it's been very annoying.

Windows XP

wildone667
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by wildone667 on May 27, 17 1:43 PM
My problem was the skip and hint button. When hit it knocks you out to game manager and windows. game is still running and I just have to hit the icon to pull the game back up and I keep playing but the button needs to be fixed.Running Windows 10.

Found out it wasn't the game it was the Game Manager because it would kick me out of about 3 other games I tried. Always in the same spot so I shut down GM but it still was acting funny so I just had to shut down the computer and restart and the games seems to be working now.

Edited on 05/29/2017 at 7:26:22 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on May 27, 17 2:06 PM
Hello wildone667 and deejae101,

I'm sorry to hear this game isn't running as smoothly as it should. I really want to get it working again and can point you in some helpful directions.

When a game crashes (kicking a player out) or is lagging, checking to see whether the video card driver is up-to-date is a good idea. Updating the video card driver can sometimes resolve performance issues such as these. To learn more about how to do that, please take a look at the help page below.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those instructions don't help, I'd recommend that both of you contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be equipped with the tools and expertise to troubleshoot going forward. Please remember to include a Dr. Felix report in your inquiry.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another of our active moderators if any more questions arise.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by chrissybabes48 on May 28, 17 11:19 AM
really enjoy this game but I keeps freezing up have windows 10 also whats up since when do the elephant games have any issues very upset. have installed and uninstalled twice now I give up !!!refund or fix it pretty please I paid $13.99 for a weekend game ive spent more time up and downing it than playing ,,,

dragonrain
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dragonrain on May 28, 17 9:49 PM
FROM NOW ON I AM COMING TO FORUMS BEFORE I BUY ANYMORE HAMES I ALSO PAID 1399 FOR THIS GAME EVERYTHING THEY TOLD ME TO DO I DID NOW ALL I GET IS AN ERROR MESSAGE I PUT IN A TICKET 2 DAYS ALMOST 3 NOW AND I HAVENT HEARD A WORD I SUGGEST DO NOT BUT THIS GAME THEY ARE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL AND I HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN A REFUND EVERYTHING WAS GREAT TILL I BOUGHT IT

[Post New]by wild_irish_rose on May 30, 17 5:09 PM
After I signed all lines of the contract I cannot get rid of pen or contract screen ergo I cannot finish game.

I am running Win 10 latest version on an HP Envy. This is the second game I paid 13.99 for the CE that had a problem.

I did the loading, uninstalling and installing 3 times, if bfg is going to sell programs with glitches like this and the beta testers aren't catching this problem or it's being left out of the tester download copy then I may have to go back to buying Amazon's games.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on May 30, 17 6:07 PM
the game crashed after the forest labyrinth. everything froze up and I had to re-boot my computer. after that I tried the game again and disabled special effects. now things are working okay. so far. just finished the demo. can't decide if I want to purchase this game. I like it.

Edited on 05/30/2017 at 6:07:49 PM PST

grobbie8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by grobbie8 on May 31, 17 2:19 AM
when will there be a fix for this game before I purchase after reading the negative comments as in problems with the game itself. It has been several days since it came out. Elephant games does not normally have problems What is happening. I have also had problems with my game manager lately.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 1, 17 3:09 PM
We are on Headless' horse, but the puzzle will not work. There are no arrows, and no way to move. I'm hoping for some help before I have to skip the puzzle.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Jun 3, 17 9:02 AM
Just finished the BC. Everything went fine, but the map doesn't seem to work properly. Since I never use the Hint or Skip button, I love to have a helpful map from time to time. This one is supposed to show a blue flag to show where to go next, but nope. Only green (I am here), white (no current task) and red (not available) ones.
Everyone else having the same issue?

[Post New]by RockTheWorld245 on Jul 6, 17 5:10 AM
This doesn't seem to be a problem anyone else has, but the sound has stopped working. It's weird, because I've played the game maybe four or five times before this started happening. On the main screen, the one with profiles and play game, the sound cuts in and out, then it just stops working entirely. I'm not sure why this is happening, so I'd really appreciate it if you could help me fix it, since I paid good money for it, I like it, and want to play it again.

bluesea30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bluesea30 on Jul 9, 17 12:40 PM
In the bonus game I have a key and nothing else yet it won't let me move forward. I read someone else had same issue with the second ankh I should have found, yet did not. Where ever it was, it won't let me back in to that scene, so I'm unable to finish the game.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Oct 17, 17 9:37 PM
My game froze in Chapter 2 after x on page 15 of the guide. I only mention the guide location so you can pin point this problem. I have Windows 10 the most update version 1703. Please make games that are compatible for Windows 10 PC. Some of my Favorite Games I have problems with freezing or stopping. I really Love the Haunted Hotel and Grim Tales Series and they are the ones I have the most Tech problems with. Why can't I have problems with the not fun ones? I have every thing up to date on my computer. I rather my games work than get a replacement.

[Post New]by p_pebbles on Jan 14, 18 2:45 AM
I have downloaded the latest Haunted Hotel personal nightmare. I am trying to play the last piece- the secret room. The box of what you have to find comes out but does not disappear. Once you have found the required items the only way to get to the next set of items is to completely exit the game and then go back in and say you want to resume the game. Then the next things you have to find comes up. I have got thru to the last stage to find The One amulet - the problem is the piece I need to get is in the hallway but the box saying what you have to find is in the way. There is nothing I can do to move the box and consequently I can’t finish the game.
I am using an iPad Air 2 which is totally up to date. What can I do?

[Post New]by Leaguer1 on Jan 15, 18 10:54 AM
p_pebbles wrote:I have downloaded the latest Haunted Hotel personal nightmare. I am trying to play the last piece- the secret room. The box of what you have to find comes out but does not disappear. Once you have found the required items the only way to get to the next set of items is to completely exit the game and then go back in and say you want to resume the game. Then the next things you have to find comes up. I have got thru to the last stage to find The One amulet - the problem is the piece I need to get is in the hallway but the box saying what you have to find is in the way. There is nothing I can do to move the box and consequently I can’t finish the game.
I am using an iPad Air 2 which is totally up to date. What can I do?

I am having the exact same issue.

Go to: