Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on May 26, 17 5:29 PM
OK, I am trying to get achievements for playing the DQ's, but I'm not seeing any progress even when I think I have completed a 3 part. Is there a trick I am missing, because I have never seen a 10 part DQ?

Can anyone explain the basic premise of reaching the achievements?

Thanks!

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
8,015 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 26, 17 5:33 PM
There is much confusion among some about the Daily Quests....there are 3-part, 5-part and 10-part quests....

Look at the Gnome....there will be a circle round him divided by triangles.....if there are 2 triangles....ergo, three sections, you then have a 3-part Daily Quest.

ALL of the quests, listing each of the individual parts, the rewards, and the type of chest received when completing the entire 3-, 5-, or 10-part DQ are listed by napoeon at the following location:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/652841.page

It is a "must read" before I embark on ANY quest!

Annelliegram
Marlin
Marlin
8,015 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on May 26, 17 5:35 PM
And, as far as the basic premise for completing the 3 related achievements..... basically, you must do 10 complete quests before you get the first level credited.......you must do 50 complete quests to get the reward for the second level..... and you must do 500 complete quests before you get the final reward for each of the 3-, 5-, and 10-part related achievements.

That is a total of 500 completed 3-part Daily Quests.....doing all 3 parts of the same quest until you get the bonus chest.

That is a total of 500 completed 5-part Daily Quests.....doing all 5 parts of the same quest until you get the bonus chest.

That is a total of 500 completed 10-part Daily Quests.....doing all 10 parts of the same quest until you get the bonus chest.

It makes a total of 1500 daily quests completed by the time you get to the end of each achievement.

Edited on 05/26/2017 at 5:38:10 PM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
562 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on May 26, 17 8:01 PM
Proud member of the DQ'ers club.

Just celebrated my 1 year anniversary. I do have an older game on another computer. I wasn't aware I could transfer the game to my new computer until after I had surpassed it, so by that time, there was no point.

My stats are 105/109/82

I do have a collections of airship stuff, but sadly it's very easy to deplete it. I put my lowest 2 items on my wish list so that if my friends have different lower ones, we could trade, and because it's an easier trade for low level friends. I did complete the unique stamp achievement recently, so I keep that on my wish list for friends who are still working on it.

I have enough energy to use it 20 times. I would be interested in other people's strategy for using them. Once or twice it turned out to be a waste. Seems like the best time is when I get a 10 part difficult one.

I would also be interested in learning other people's strategy for getting shards. I recently read someone had completed the achievement. Wow, what a feat.

Not sure I will ever finish the DQ achievements, but I sure will have fun trying. If they only decreased the airship requirement. Really, the only thing I use diamonds on is for the DQ's to summon the airship or the dice table.

So glad to meet you all, and hearing of your progress.

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 26, 17 8:18 PM
For those at or near max level...how often do you feed your exclusive pets? I have only been feeding them when a DQ asks. I think they may have swallowed a furball or something because lately a blue chest gives more coins than airship inventory. And if I DO get a gold or silver chest instead from one it has had a mere 3 stamps and maybe some coins.

Maybe feed them differently? Starve them a little?

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,616 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on May 26, 17 10:33 PM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:For those at or near max level...how often do you feed your exclusive pets? I have only been feeding them when a DQ asks. I think they may have swallowed a furball or something because lately a blue chest gives more coins than airship inventory. And if I DO get a gold or silver chest instead from one it has had a mere 3 stamps and maybe some coins.

Maybe feed them differently? Starve them a little?

I feed my pets only when requested by a DQ, EXCEPT for my exclusive pets, who I feed every day.
I need those airship items.
I feed these usually only in the Dark Tower as I can even get wooden chests if I feed them elsewhere.
The Fire Dragon is my most reliable pet giving me the platinum chest about 75% of the time, the others about 50% of the time. Otherwise I get a gold chest and, as mentioned, useless in yield as a gold chest.
A word of caution Do NOT feed your Rainbow Dragon a second time if it is sleeping. Why? It costs you 1440 diamonds, that's why!

akge
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by akge on May 27, 17 12:44 AM
I decided to work on the DQ's this summer as I haven't done much with them so far. I'm planning on using one amulet per day or week and see how far I can get in an hour. So far I am

52/500
8/10
15/50

We'll see how it goes.

Kae

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
5,915 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 27, 17 8:01 AM
I am so happy to see so many DQ'ers. We're not a few as I had thought.

The gnomes continue to be somewhat kind to me. Rare Editions has been showing up just about every day in at least one of my games. But Another Potion is also showing very frequently. Why did the developers think it was a good idea to send us to open the Rock Garden twice in 2 of the 5 parts?

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
4,805 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 27, 17 8:04 AM
TiramaSue wrote:I am so happy to see so many DQ'ers. We're not a few as I had thought.

Why did the developers think it was a good idea to send us to open the Rock Garden twice in 2 of the 5 parts?

Back to back even.

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,634 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on May 27, 17 8:23 AM
I only really started a few days into the SE and it's taken me a few days to work out how to distinguish the 3, 5 and 10-parters. I thought that if there were 3 tasks, that was a 3 part.
But I'm there now.

So, at the moment I'm at:
3 - 2
5 - 4
10 - 1

Not very impressive, but I'm hoping to make some progress this week, now I know what I'm doing.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
4,805 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 27, 17 8:36 AM
TMGamer99 wrote: I thought that if there were 3 tasks, that was a 3 part.
But I'm there now.

So, at the moment I'm at:
3 - 2
5 - 4
10 - 1

Not very impressive, but I'm hoping to make some progress this week, now I know what I'm doing.

Better late than never Welcome to the DQ club

Dbingamen
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,221 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on May 27, 17 9:08 AM
I also am a proud member of the DQ'ers. It seems like I've been doing them forever but the numbers prove me wrong (lol). But am I the only one who finds it easier to do the 10 part quests than the five part? I have never liked doing the five part quests but still try to do them.

iPad game
3 part - 153
5 part - 83
10 part - 99

Kindle Game
3 part - 74
5 part - 40
10 part - 56

Long way to go!

TiramaSue, so glad to see that you're having better luck now!

Edited on 05/27/2017 at 9:17:44 AM PST

Judy_Bishop
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Judy_Bishop on May 27, 17 9:57 AM
Hi,
Just looked at my stats as of today 27th May.
3 part 79 as of 27th June 97
5 part 29 as 27th June 34
10 part 43 as 27th June 48
Plenty to keep me going now we have help from the Amulets. I never had enough time for the 1st series of DQ's but the 2nd series are doable providing I have enough airships.
I've other achievements to get too, so see you in the castle.
Take care,
Judy

Edited on 06/29/2017 at 10:25:49 AM PST

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
4,805 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 27, 17 10:15 AM
I got a 10 part DQ at GMT rollover. Then came a thunderstorm so I had to shut down and did not start it. Another coming in this afternoon. Looks like I'll have to skip the DQ's for today since I won't be able to complete one.

Taking the time I have to collect energy balls and they are just not dropping on my second game. Main game got all 20 in 86 HOS. Second game got 5 in 100 HOS .

Hope I can get all the energy before I run out of time and have to shut down the computer again .

Won't be able to play tomorrow either since I'll be out of town. Hope I get some easy DQ's next week to catch up with.

Aynasha
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Aynasha on May 27, 17 11:14 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:...how often do you feed your exclusive pets?...

Daily, as long as exclusive food inventory is at least 20 higher than the others. Today I got four platinum/blue chests at the Dark Tower Gates but the air ship item I'm lowest in take was low.

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on May 27, 17 3:50 PM
PTG and Aynasha, thanks for the info on exclusive pet feeding. Since I usually get a DQ for feeding pets, I'm usually feeding them daily. I think I will make this more routine. Although I am hovering consistently at 60 exclusive food and 300 of each of the others my drop rate is good (enough) for all of them.

Debchet
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on May 27, 17 4:51 PM
I am also a proud member of the DQ Club!
My totals are as follows:
3 part 126/500
5 part. 116/500
10 part 97/500

Loooooong way to go but pecking along!

I feed my Exclusive pets every day because I love them!!!
And I NEED the airship items!!!

TiramaSue
Stingray
Stingray
5,915 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 27, 17 5:20 PM
And the good luck continues. Both games have received Rare Editions yet again! That makes 5 times for game #1, and 4 times for game #2.

Game #2 is lagging behind however. Only finished 1 DQ previous day and didn't get the last energy ball until there was only 52 seconds left before midnight GMT.

susiewastaken
Flounder
Flounder
2,250 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on May 27, 17 10:59 PM
3 part: 113/500
5 part: 54/500
10 part: 44/50

I keep the DQ thread bookmarked

and double-check to see if I have time &/or the desire to finish any.

(although I will often just go ahead and do part one if it is super easy and gives an item I want..)

I ignore some of the worst ones and just hope for better ones the next day.

Am in no hurry.

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,616 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on May 27, 17 11:08 PM
susiewastaken wrote:3 part: 113/500
5 part: 54/500
10 part: 44/50

I keep the DQ thread bookmarked

and double-check to see if I have time &/or the desire to finish any.

(although I will often just go ahead and do part one if it is super easy and gives an item I want..)

I ignore some of the worst ones and just hope for better ones the next day.

Am in no hurry.

What it is to be young!!

Unfortunately I want to beat the Machiavellian Developers before I expire!
Only three little Achievements but what goals to aspire to!
But I am now being thwarted by too many airship drop requests.
My inventory is disappearing like confetti in the wind.
And I collapse after doing 200 HOS a day!

Go to: