Re:Post any Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator technical issues here only

[Post New]by sweetriverr on Apr 22, 10 8:09 AM
After downloading the game, I was told that the screen resolution on my netbook is not compatible. Is there a way to get my money back because the netbook is the only computer I can play the game on!! The highest resolution I have
1024 x 600 pixels.

Re:Post any Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator technical issues here only

[Post New]by queenlyn on Apr 22, 10 7:35 PM
I finished the game for the first time and 'Quit' from the Main Menu. When I try to start a new game (via "Play Again" from the shortcut, or "Play Now" from Game Manager, the game starts at the end of "Chapter 11", where the narrative starts "Another case solved..." that ends the game.

The only way to play again is to create a new profile.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Apr 24, 10 8:05 AM
My computer is totally updated with video cards, direct X, you name it. I downloaded this demo and got as far as the intro to the game and then couldn't move the cursor. Well the cursor moved on it's own a couple of times but I couldn't control it. I tried downloading the game again after about two minutes and when it reloaded it came up as my having used all my demo time. What is up with this game? I wanted to play the game because it looked like just the type of game I love. Oh well, until the problems are addressed by tech department I'll have to pass.

[Post New]by lindala1955 on Apr 24, 10 11:27 AM
I purchased the game and was enjoying it probably almost half way through. I exit the game as usual and when I returned my saved game disappeared. I had to start over. I've never had this happen with any game before. Weird. I am pluggin along now "started over" and am hoping it doesn't happen again, as I think I could become a little ticked off. I am disappointed I'm forced to start over, but it's not the end of the world. Posted because this is the strangest thing that's happened during gameplay for me. I'm not going to bug customer service unless it happens again...

[Post New]by whpooh on Apr 25, 10 6:59 AM
does anyone know how to drug the coffee i am really stuck!!!

[Post New]by whpooh on Apr 25, 10 7:22 PM
JUST FINISHED THIS GAME O.M.G. I REALLY DID ENJOY IT THE WALKTHROUGH HELPED ALONG WITH THE QUESTIONS AMD REPLIES I READ THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Apr 27, 10 4:42 AM
I tried to demo this game because it really looked like my kind of game. As soon as I entered my profile name the cursor froze and I couldn't continue. I contacted Cust. Support and got the usual response about my video card. I then contacted them through Live Chat and they said they were aware of the problems with this game and were attempting to correct them. If anyone out there bought this game and it won't work for them, please contact Cust. Support and they will issue a replacement coupon for this game. I have learned that before I purchase a game I must demo if possible and I must check the forums to see if there are more than a few people with tech problems. I hope that BF does fixes this game because it looks like a lot of fun.
I hope all of you BF customers have a wonderful gaming day. overtherhill

monapool
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by monapool on Apr 28, 10 9:51 AM
Has anyone had problems organizing the the lobby? I have done everything except putting the magazines on the coffee table. Everytime I try to put them on or under the table, they keep going back to inventory. Can someone help?

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on May 2, 10 4:55 PM
When it comes time to create the drugged coffe to give to the guard, the list for the screen pic of the kitchen says I have to have a pair of tongs. When I click on "hint" it points me to the coffee maker to make the drugged coffee. The walk-through doesn't show any tongs listed and I cannot give the guard his drugged coffee. I'm stuck here! Help!

[Post New]by celticghirl on May 4, 10 8:33 AM
PLEASE HELP GOING NUTS, HOW DO YOU TAKE PICTURES WITHE CAMERA IT WORKS FOR THE FIRST 4 PICTURES BUT WONT LET ME TAKE THE LAST TWO PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

littykat04941
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by littykat04941 on May 12, 10 3:33 PM
I'm in the locker room trying to get her changed into security gear . the cursor is very hard to work in this scene. It keeps jumping around. this has just started.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 12, 10 4:01 PM
Hi everyone,

If you have already tried the updates in our help article Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen and are still experiencing issues, you may want to contact Customer Support.

It would also be really helpful if you could send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

bfgTigris

ByteSize
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by ByteSize on May 15, 10 3:24 PM
kirs10bt wrote:
ragano1012 wrote:In the section titled The Diabolical Mr. Ingram, the ridldes of the things to take pictures of doesnt load

i am having the same problem when taking the pictures on the "camera" i am only on chapter 2 and now i am stuck there.
Ditto. Have reinstalled twice and still the same.UGH!!

[Post New]by BettyC529 on May 23, 10 7:20 PM
I am in Chapter 10 and I can't get the items in the list to light up anywhere. The hint says the Curator's office but when I go there it says to try a differernt location. Help!

[Post New]by alyx514 on Jun 9, 10 1:48 PM
[I can't find the hanger. I've used the hint bar five time. It shows me the stain on the wall between the two chairs. I've clicked that whole area and nothing takes. Any help on this?

[Post New]by aradine on Jun 12, 10 1:47 AM
I have been enjoying this game. I did the trail and then I brought it. Then when I went back to play the game, it said that my saved material was corrupted and I had to start over. I did that and thought everything was saved when I left. I have just tried to play the game again and it is saying the same thing. I have to start from the beginning. Unless I want to try to finish the game in one sitting, I am not going to be able to play the whole game. It isn't much fun having to start all over every time. i only noticed one person who is having the same problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

katie888
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by katie888 on Jun 12, 10 11:37 AM
I can't seem to rotate the puzzle pieces. I've tried, command and the space bar, my right click just switches the pieces. So far I've enjoyed the game, but I have to "skip puzzle" to continue....... Thanks

bup3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by bup3 on Jun 12, 10 12:12 PM
killowat wrote:where is the screwdriver????

Lucidus
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Lucidus on Jun 12, 10 11:04 PM
I am playing this game on my older Mac, and like many other posters I am having trouble with the cursor. It is terribly laggy - it just kind of floats slowly around in response to my mouse movements. Usually this is because of a poorly implemented custom cursor, but we Mac users do not seem to have the option of turning the custom cursor off. Another comment mentions the ability to do this, apparently on a Windows machine - I wonder why the option is not there on the Mac version?

Anyway, the game is just barely playable. You have to be very patient while the cursor floats into position, and it is hard to point it precisely. Aside from this, I am enjoying the game, but I don't know whether I will be able to stand continuing past the free demo.

Edited on 06/17/2010 at 1:23:07 PM PST

[Post New]by nanalinnell on Jun 14, 10 6:57 PM
I'm having trouble also trying to rotate the puzzle pieces. I have a new Mac and I usually would click the command and mouse buttons but it isn't working. Is there a solution?

Go to: