bfgIlinalta
2,549 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6 here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 8, 17 5:24 PM
Hello Cr1s and Showgirl25,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences while playing Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 6. It sounds like there is a sound issue on PC being reported as well as a progression issue occurring for a specific point in the Mac version. I'm going to provide some suggestions for both here, as well as how to reach our Support Team should more help be needed.

Cr1s, I'm sorry to hear the game's sound seems to not be happening despite the background music appearing. It also sounds like the game has been uninstalled and reinstalled and that there wasn't an option in the game to turn off or on sound effects by themselves. In this case, the first thing I recommend is seeing if the volume slider for sounds is set to the right side of the bar rather than all the way to the left side.

In the Options Menu, there are two sliders for Music and Sound. See if you can slide the Sound slide bar to the far right. This should help get that volume up. Otherwise, there may be another issue happening. In that case, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team for more help using the steps below.

Showgirl25, it sounds like there is an issue moving to a new scene after Lakeside Station. I haven't been able to play this game to this point, so I'm not sure why that isn't allowing you to continue. What I want to offer is some troubleshooting just in case this is a technical issue, and I hope that the following steps can help resolve this issue quickly:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you both for your time and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by HiddenGirl33 on Jun 9, 17 9:03 AM
Hi. I am having a problem with not being able to use the white arrows at the top of the screen to scroll to the different scenes. I have tried on both my Mac and my husbands, we both are using current versions of Sierra. Once I complete Bluewaters Fishing I cannot advance to the next screen I am just stuck on the map. The arrow to scroll back to previous screens does not work either. So, I only have the same 4 scenes to play over and over. Please help.

rosir
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by rosir on Jun 9, 17 2:17 PM
Same problem here. I am using a Mac.

bfgBeruna
629 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 10, 17 2:01 PM
Hello HiddenGirl33 and rosir,

I'm sorry to hear your games aren't working properly. Let's see what we can do to sort this out.

When a game stops working on a Mac computer, the help page below is the best place to turn to for troubleshooting assistance.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Since it sounds like the white arrows at the top of the screen can't be used to navigate between scenes, I'd recommend focusing on the Game crashing, freezing, not displaying properly, or showing an error? portion of the article.

If you're still unable to get the game to work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Thanks for your patience. If any more questions arise, please PM me or another of the active moderators. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by HiddenGirl33 on Jun 11, 17 8:14 AM
Hi and Thanks bfgBeruna, but now after updating shockwave, it is even worse. The screen in now 4X the size it should be and there is nothing I can (or Apple) can do about it. Spent over an hour talking with Apple Tech support about this. He even downloaded the Big Fish Game App and Park Ranger onto his computer and the same thing happened. It is not something I can fix he said, it has to be fixed by the developer of the game to run properly. So, now what?

bluesycat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bluesycat on Jun 11, 17 8:42 AM
I'm having the same problem on my MacBook Pro as several others: There is no way to navigate using the white arrows at the top of the page. Stuck with the same four pages to play. I have all the rest of these games and never had any issue before. Only other thing I noted is that the arrow cursor is the approximate size of a grain of salt and hard to see. Would prefer solution to a refund!

Mouse Arrow is So Tiny I Can Hardly to See It

[Post New]by gabardine on Jun 11, 17 11:13 AM
Running Mac El Capitan 10.11.6. Game loads fine and everything looks normal except the mouse arrow is so tiny I can hardly see it. When the mouse is moved, the arrow moves slower than normal, as well.

One thing I did notice is the calendar notifications that normally appear in the upper right corner of my home screen appear in the same spot inside the game. They have shrunken in size as well. As soon as I exit the game, they return to normal size.

I have trashed and reinstalled the game with no change. The game cannot be played with such a small mouse arrow as it gets lost in the scenery.

Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Jun 11, 17 12:15 PM
Worse than ever now! After reinstalling I managed to get the screen size button to work, only to discover that the screen image was so huge it didn't even fit on the screen, and I could only see the top half, so no way to shrink the image. Also, upon reinstalling yet again, the same thing happens because there is no way to change the player profile. Why can't these games work like console games?

[Post New]by RadioJet on Jun 11, 17 3:03 PM
bluesycat wrote:I'm having the same problem on my MacBook Pro as several others: There is no way to navigate using the white arrows at the top of the page. Stuck with the same four pages to play. I have all the rest of these games and never had any issue before. Only other thing I noted is that the arrow cursor is the approximate size of a grain of salt and hard to see. Would prefer solution to a refund! - end quote.

Ditto - exactly. Running System 10.12. The difference I see is that on all the other Vacation Adventure games I've played, you don't HAVE to use the white arrows to advance to the next scene. The game has always advanced the stream of scenes for you automatically as you complete each level, so something is wrong. You should only have to use those white arrows if you choose to go back and replay a much earlier scene, not for navigation at the current level. For example, if you wanted to go back and play Scene 2 to try to get 3 stars when you are currently on Scene 12, then you would have to use those white arrows. Can Big Fish Games have the developer fix this? I also would prefer a fix to a refund.

slaflamme
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by slaflamme on Jun 13, 17 12:25 PM
Showgirl25 wrote:How do you get to a new scene? I cannot get past Lakeside Station. The bar will not move. Playing on mac 10.12.5.

Same problem here. Using MacBookPro 2015. No problem with any other game. Cannot advance beyond Lakeside station. The bar will not move in any direction. Please get this fixed. There are so few "real" hidden object games for Mac users. Sometimes I just want to hunt and find a list of objects without some big story around it.

bfgBeruna
629 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 13, 17 1:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and providing more information about how troubleshooting has been going. Since it sounds like trouble has persisted even after updating software and following other troubleshooting steps, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide further help.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and patience. If any new questions arise, please PM me or another active moderator. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by cw902davis on Jun 13, 17 10:38 PM
Like all the other Mac users that have posted problems, I can't get past the Lakeside Station, the arrows don't work, the cursor arrow is tiny. Same problems everyone else has mentioned. Macbook Pro, 10.9.5. Never had a problem before with any of these games. It sounds like it's been a problem for a while now. If it will not be fixed, we all should get refunds.

[Post New]by Fraser2 on Jun 14, 17 9:43 AM
I am having the same problems as the other users. It wouldn't let me go beyond the first 4 game areas, I then foolishly changed the resolution to see if this would help and I now have a screen 4X the size it should be and there is nothing I can do about it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but this had no effect. Any ideas as to the next step with this?

[Post New]by SherriesMomma on Jun 14, 17 2:07 PM
Same issue as Showgirl 2. I'm also playing on a MacBook Pro with the most current OS. Can't plan any of the scenes after a certain point. Right arrow no longer moves the scenes along. Just finished Park Ranger 5 and issues with it, too. Doesn't help to trial a game anymore. Still problems, just later on in the game. And when I wait quite awhile to try a game after it's first come out, there are still issues...long after all should have been fixed. I'm beginning to wonder if the developers and perhaps BF just don't care if "most" of your members don't have a problem or don't report it. It's very frustrating. I've been a member for at least 6 years and don't remember this number of games having problems most of the time. It's not even rare anymore, but seems to just be something we should expect and put up with now.

bfgBellerophon
8,663 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 14, 17 2:39 PM
Hi cw902davis, Fraser2, and SherriesMomma,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this designated technical issues thread what is occurring within your game. I'm sorry to hear that various issues are present, and it is greatly appreciated that the troubleshooting steps taken have been mentioned. Since it sounds like the steps in the Mac Game Troubleshooting help page aren't resolving the issue, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to look into this for you and provide assistance where they can.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Tiny, tiny cursor

[Post New]by Necron99 on Jun 16, 17 8:25 PM
I played Park Ranger 5 on my 27" iMac with no problems of any kind. Tried Park Ranger 4 and the cursor was so small I could hardly see it. Now comes PR 6 and I have the same problem as PR 4.

What I did was set the cursor size to max with System Preferences->Accessibility->Display before starting the game. After I was done playing, I set it back to Normal.

A bit of a bother, but I love the games so much it's worth the hassle.

TEGX2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by TEGX2 on Jun 22, 17 11:01 PM
Same issue with 3 new games, I can"t play

[Post New]by clynnc67 on Jun 26, 17 1:12 PM
I am running on MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.5. The game loaded fine and I played the first three levels with no problems, but when I had to advance beyond what was visible on the screen (the first three levels), the forward arrow would not allow me to advance to the next level. I adjusted the resolution on the screen and tried to fix any mirroring options but it still will not allow the large arrow over the level to be active so I can move to the next level on the next page. Any suggestions?

wmvet
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by wmvet on Jul 15, 17 3:34 PM
I am having the same problem that I have read about. I can only play 4 scenes and then I can not use the arrows at top of page to go to next. I have restarted, same problem. I have removed game, started again with another user name same problem, please help. I really like these games and have had problems before with the others.

[Post New]by jch2273 on Jul 23, 17 11:35 AM
I purchased this game today and activated it. It will not open at all and when I try to uninstall, so that I can re-install it says the game is already running. I have checked my processes and it is not running. What do I do? I get an error code 346
Thanks

Edited on 07/23/2017 at 11:53:18 AM PST

Go to: