Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 23, 08 5:46 AM
Downloading now...Yippeee!! I'm tickled that BFG got Dr Lynch this quickly.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 23, 08 6:29 AM
Me too- I just hope that they make it an Octoberfest game! That would be perfect!

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 23, 08 6:41 AM
I bought it because of all the hype I read here.......but frankly it doesn't hold a candle to some of the other recent games....like Mushroom Age...etc..

Haven't finished it yet .... so maybe it will get better. I"ve gotten spoiled with the likes of those more challenging HO games.... Oh well, this will pass the time.

Waiting for Mortimer Beckett now.... !!

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 23, 08 7:55 AM
Stuck on the candles..... I have them all lit ... now what does it want me to do....??

man some of these pieces are so teeny tiny... what kind of eyes do these guys have who make these games....LOL sheesh..... thank god for hints....LOL

Maybe Mortimer will come out tomorrow... that would be too cool.... !!

wytwch
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by wytwch on Oct 23, 08 8:36 AM
Just tried the demo and liked it but never did get those #$@%^^& acorns to stick in a row. I think it's probably a very precise arrow click that I'm missing. Does anyone know how long this one is? Can't tell yet if I want to buy it.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Oct 23, 08 8:40 AM
With the acorn placement... put the arrow on the bench and a shadow of the acorn will appear. Put the arrow on the shadow and not the acorn on the shadow. Once you get over half in place, the rest comes easier.

[Post New]by tawawana on Oct 23, 08 8:41 AM
re: to the person to supplied answer for the "L" THANK YOU

re: about the candles - put them in the shape of a cross 2nd row down and center then the door should open

lisa4862
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lisa4862 on Oct 23, 08 8:43 AM
HELP! I'm playing the demo but can't seem to do anything with the engine. I already clicked on the "shiny" dust and now I'm apparently done.....nothing else will happen. My mouse moves, I can open up the cards or the briefcase but I can't figure out what is supposed to happen next............

kaytiekat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kaytiekat on Oct 23, 08 9:03 AM
Anyone know how many levels there is to this game/

asiabat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by asiabat on Oct 23, 08 10:29 AM
kaytiekat wrote:Anyone know how many levels there is to this game/

would love the answer also, hope its not to short, anyone know how long it is?

LeneHansen
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by LeneHansen on Oct 23, 08 11:03 AM
14 investigations I think

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Oct 23, 08 11:06 AM
kaytiekat wrote:Anyone know how many levels there is to this game/

According to gamezebo there are 16 investigation levels-each level can contain puzzles, mini games and optional items tasks.

Good Luck, only complaint I have read is -- items are small.

[Post New]by Srixile on Oct 23, 08 11:18 AM
Woohoo, another game to while away my time! I'm always pleasantly shocked when they put up two **** games in a row. Especially when theyre both great. Hope everyones having fun!

[Post New]by cincar1 on Oct 23, 08 6:43 PM
ok - I downloaded this twice, and get frozen on the first page where you enter your name. Is there a glitch? A fix coming?

laurah65
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by laurah65 on Oct 23, 08 8:25 PM
I have been off my computer all day and when I log in to BFG the first thing that I saw was Dr Lynch: Grave Secrets. I have downloaded the demo but have not played it yet but this is my first time to see this game ever. I hope this game plays on my computer because the last two demos that I downloaded from BFG will not play on my computer such as, Treasures of Mystery Island. I also bought that 99 cent Mystery Case File Ravenherst and not one of them play on my computer they freeze up or something do not know what. I am going to see if I have any luck with this game so happy gaming to every one!!!

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

Re:Dr. Lynch: Grave Secrets .....fireflies in the jar

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 23, 08 8:31 PM
K, I am the level after the acorns and I for the life of me can only find 8 firelfies to put in the jar. They move so it shouldn't be too hard, but i can't find them!! By the way they look more like roaches than fireflies.............ewwww lol

Miss Clairol

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 23, 08 8:34 PM
I have said in previous games...........don't know if it is any of your problems but anyone who has a new 64bit computer as opposed to older 32 bit, well it just won't play a lot of the games properly. The BF tech told me their games do not yet support 64 bit. I know a lot of athlon processors are now 64bit and there will be more and more coming. good luck...........I can only play about 70 percent of BF games.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 23, 08 9:03 PM
I must say that I"ve never seen a game with such tiny little weenie things to have to find.... it was very frustrating.... I had to play one scene again because I ran out of time... good god, it was rediculous. I had to close out the game once too as it seemed to have froze up... my red faucet wouldn't turn on the fountain. I opened the game up again and it was fine.

This game was over rated ... although the game itself was okay... nothing to write home about... !! Just my opinion....

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 23, 08 9:09 PM
Well I second your opinion Celeryhart....I decided all n all that this game is not for me. There will be other HO games out, so I'll wait for them.

GeeBee

irishtina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by irishtina on Oct 23, 08 9:17 PM
I downloaded the demo about 30 minutes after it was released on BFG, and knew after about 10 minutes that I was going to buy it. So, I did, and have been playing it on and off all day until I just finished it. I didn't want to read the Forum until I was done.

What a SUPERB game! All logical, items in scenes make sense that they're there, the graphic are excellent, and FINALLY FINALLY we get some mini-games that aren't the same as any others I've seen (after playing hundreds of games). Having to find the first letters of words on a menu, repairing a fax machine, etc. is SO much more clever then the same old tired "pipe" and "shuffle" games.

Yes, some items are tiny. However, they're all PROPORTIONAL. So, a bullet or bee is going to be much smaller than the items around them. Maybe that will help some folks. Also, when it asks for "items in a line", they have to be in order (usually by size).

My ONLY grinch, and this is a minor one, is that I'd love to have a "Relaxed Mode" available to really look at the art work.

Now will wait patiently for next game in the series..........and may play this one again too.

Go to: