SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Re:Welcome to Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 10, 11 1:21 AM
If you don't have any males or females of reproducing age, you're pretty much stuffed...

Are any of the males over 18? If so, you can try setting everyone's preferred skill to parenting and then shutting down the game for a while. It has been known to happen that females over 50 get pregnant that way.

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Apr 18, 11 2:34 PM
Aloha ~ First off I just wanted to say that I love this game; it's my favorite! (even with a couple of known glitches, which I wish the Devs would fix)

The point of this post however is an observation I made about collecting the Fish Scales. (and probably others have noticed this too). Watch the Tide Pool next to the Big Fish statue, because when it's low tide, (with more rocks, etc showing in the middle of the pool), that's when more collectible fish scales show up. I've watched this happen over and over since I got the game, so I know it's not an anomaly. Consequently, I check it far more often when it's low tide; in the 4 days since I got the game, I have collected 9 of the 12 Fish Scales, including some of the rares and uncommon ones. So I thought this tip might be welcome, lol. Also, when you already have a certain Fish Scale collected, (same with the Wind Flutes and other collectibles) the rest of that type are called duplicates, and the children take them to the scientists in the research area, for more tech points. Cheers!

EDIT: I put all 4 adults on research (or sometimes only 3, if there was something else to be done), so I'm guessing that makes a difference, too. I finally got my last rare Mausoleum Piece today, and also the last rare Lab Piece in that collection.(and I only was able to play about an hour this morning, and just about a half-hour now, since I got home). Now I just need 2 more rare wind flute pieces, (edit: got them) and 3 Fish Scale pieces (edit: just 2 now) to get. So hopefully this post will be helpful.

EDIT #2: Oh, I forgot to mention that I noticed that when you have the whole Wind Flute Collection, and when you hear that little jingly sound they make every so often, start looking around more, as more collectibles show up and faster. That's why it seems to me to be a good idea to have at least 2 or 3 children around, at any time! Have fun!

Edited on 04/21/2011 at 2:32:49 PM PST

[Post New]by braz911 on May 16, 11 3:57 PM
I love this game, but I can't seem to cut the soapy plant even though I have the tool My villager gets all sticky. The other problem is trying to get the fishing net thingy made, I have the clothing hut. and what is the pile of rocks by the fruit tree which I can't get them to bring it anywhere. They shake it ,it falls and that is it. The rocks are cleared out of that pit, but thats it..

Thanks brazel911

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 17, 11 2:57 PM
The villager needs to get sticky when cutting the plant growing by the water (this isn't the soapy plant - the soapy plant has white flowers and can just be picked without a tool). When your villager gets sticky after cutting the green stalky plant, pick them up carefully and very slowly drag them to the tree. Make sure you're slow enough so that the butterflies follow him. Then drop him on the tree so that he starts wiping the sticky sap on the trunk of the tree.

If you've cleared the pit by the yellow fruits, you need to put 4 hot rocks in the pit and then cover them with banana leaves. You can then cook the yellow fruits.

If you have the clothing hut, drop a villager on the "pulpy vines" that grow up the cliff wall. Then make a stew with those vines and sea water. When the stew is done, drop someone on the pot so they take the stewed pulp to the water. Then keep dropping people on the pulp that's spread out on the rock until it's made into cloth. You need about 6 rolls of cloth to repair the fishing nets. To repair the nets, you first need to drop people on the broken piers until they're fixed. When they're fixed, keep dragging people to the piers and they will get your bolts of cloth and make nets.

[Post New]by braz911 on May 18, 11 5:39 AM
Thank you for your help. My first try my villagers died. The game just goes slow and building up stuff. tech points to. When can I move the rock so the waterfall flows down into the river. My villagers try and wash clothes is there something i can cook in the pot before I get the fishing net going?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 18, 11 2:27 PM
You can start clearing the waterfall right away. Under the waterfall you then find a boomerang-shaped stone that can only be picked up by a villager who is adept (or master) in both science and building. They will take the stone to the hole in the ground just above the science lab.

There are heaps of things you can cook in the pot! Are you familiar with making stews? To make stews you need to add fresh or salt water to the pot with the wooden bowls on the beach and by the stream, boil the water with a hot rock and add any combination of sweet, spicy and soapy plants. If you're making a stew with fresh water you also need to add food from the food bin.

[Post New]by braz911 on May 19, 11 5:54 PM
I just now made my first stew. I do not know any other combo's for stews except the one I found on this post. I only have 2 huts, going slow for me. Ty for your help

dlm_innovative
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by dlm_innovative on May 22, 11 11:03 PM
HamsterCrazy:

I am not sure what kind of help you are requesting. However, if you are wanting to make more babies, you're kind of out of luck. Women stop having the ability to conceive at the age of 50. If you've already solved the puzzles, and have all the technology, you've essentially finished the main part of the game. If there are trophies you did not get, chalk it up to 'oh, well, I got most of them' and go to the menu page, start a new tribe/ new game and have fun again, only this time, always pause your game (just hit the space bar when you're in the game screen to pause it, then exit to menu) when you're done playing so you don't come back to elderly or dead villagers. And no, the mausoleum pieces won't help you make babies, if you have no female villagers 49 or younger. So a new game is the only answer. Life is learned by making mistakes, then trying again to get success! Also, if you go to 'options' on the menu page, you can slow the game down from fast or normal to 'slow' - however, that only works for a few hours not a few days; you'll still chance having the same problem so that's why I always just pause the game.
To see the difference between the three speeds, here's the time frame for the mothers' nursing periods: Slow = 410 minutes, Normal = 186 minutes, Fast = 120 minutes. Remember that the villagers will also age at that speed. Since a mother nurses for 2 years, the above rates of time corresponds to 2 years. Thus 1 year of aging is half of each of those times, depending on what speed you have your game set on. Happy gaming! Hope this helps.

dlm_innovative
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by dlm_innovative on May 22, 11 11:03 PM
oops, double post, sorry, didn't think it went the first time...

Edited on 05/22/2011 at 11:07:05 PM PST

dlm_innovative
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Restoration Stew! Re:Welcome to Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by dlm_innovative on May 22, 11 11:41 PM
Because all the villagers in this game, whenever they're in the lab researching, often forget to eat or exercise, their health gets bad and starts dropping, and it can be next to impossible for a game player to get their villagers' health back up. So I did some experimenting, recalling a similar predicament in a previous VV game, and came up with a stew that is amazing and I call it Restoration Stew. This stew is also a lifesaver at the beginning of the game when all the villagers are hungry and have poor health.

SPOILER ALERT - but it might save your villager from sickness or dying!!

Here is the stew recipe for Restoration Stew.
Once you've lit a fire, and learned how to make a hot rock (drop villager on little rock pile near lab stairs to get a rock to take to the fire), and have, at least, harvested a few blackberries and picked mushrooms ( and later in the game, other food/ fish and cooked hard fruit from the tree), then the rest is easy. Okay, so you have a hot rock heating up until it is red. On the top level near the waterfall are a stack of brown bowls designated as 'fresh water pots'. Take a villager (age 14 through adult) up there and put him on top of them to get fresh water to put in the black cauldron pot in the lab. Have the children (they run, so are faster) OR adults pick the following herbs: 2 sweet-smelling herbs (behind lab bench area), 1 spicy herb (on wall near mausoleum); they'll put it on the table near the black pot. Once there is fresh water in the pot, put a worker on the red hot stone and they will take it to the pot, so the water will boil. Then put a worker against the black pot and they will start 'cooking' and will put the three herbs in the boiling water. Then have a worker bring food from the food bin by putting them against the food bin to 'add to the stew'. The water will disappear, and black smoke will roll - stew is ready! Put villager against black pot to eat! If their health is bad, do it repeatedly until, in the Details section of the game, the indicator on their health meter is all the way to the top! Now health is maxed! This stew will attract ALL the villagers like Pied Piper's enchanted followers! Very effective!

jagil
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jagil on Aug 16, 11 7:01 PM
I have completed everything but purifying the tree, they need to be pure in heart and body but I can't figure out how to make it happen. I've bathed them in the soapy pond and put the sparkly villagers in the hole but they stil won't purify it.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 11 4:32 PM
The villager needs to be both pure of body and pure of mind. They get pure of body by bathing in the pond, and pure of mind by meditating among the wind flutes. The timing on this is quite narrow, so I would first let them meditate until the orbs appear over their heads, and then instantly throw them into the soapy pool. You may want to use another villager to throw soap in the pool. When meditating, send the children to school or have someone tell a story so they won't disturb your meditating villager. Keep a close eye on them and pull them away when anyone gets too close to your meditating villager or you will have to start again.

[Post New]by inspiration5505 on Nov 11, 11 7:03 PM
Where can I get this game? I have the first three, and I have finished them all. And am curious as too where I get the second one. I can not find it on bigfish anywhere

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 13, 11 11:34 PM
inspiration5505 wrote:Where can I get this game? I have the first three, and I have finished them all. And am curious as too where I get the second one. I can not find it on bigfish anywhere

You can buy and download the game here: http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7927/virtual-villagers-4-the-tree-of-life/index.html

Have fun!

[Post New]by Cloudswirl on Nov 20, 11 11:32 AM
OMDF I love this game . . . I have three more puzzles and 28 villagers so far . . . BTW that revival stew saved my but!

Edited on 11/20/2011 at 11:32:30 AM PST

pamhamlet
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

A LOT of waiting with this game

[Post New]by pamhamlet on Mar 11, 12 3:01 PM
Wow...so much waiting and waiting with nothing to do. To think that you would actually walk away from a game to let it play itself.....hmmmm, the point of that, I don't know. I usually start falling asleep during this game and lie down for a nap---what does that say for this game?

I do enjoy simulations, and that is why I will stick with this game and play it through, but I think the developers could have made this game more engaging, as the premise is quite intriguing.

I wish the adults didn't walk so slow, it's very annoying. I also think it takes them too long to build a hut (even when my two workers are Master Builders). The women get pregnant and have the baby fast, yet it takes them forever to carry it around and they can't do ANY work during that whole time! They could at least read to the children or pick berries or something.

[Post New]by VirtualVillages4 on Mar 31, 12 11:22 PM
I love VV4 it is awsome but sometimes it gets anoying when you have to wait for things,Like when the vilager unblcks the stream, it takes for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.I have had to restart sevral times.

[Post New]by WyldKitE on Nov 11, 12 2:29 PM
In VV5, perhaps they should let you build a day care center, so one Mommy can watch all the infants so the rest can work.

Does anybody know how to make soap? I have tried making a "stew" out of soapy plants, but I can't make them pour it into the rectangular mold for the soap.

[Post New]by chmerk10 on Dec 17, 12 9:18 AM
what do i need to do to solve the fish statue?

[Post New]by CleverCatch on Mar 10, 13 1:47 PM
Alright.. so I'm having quite an issue. I've searched the web and can't seem to find anyone who has the same problem. I really hope you guys can help.
First off: I'm playing the Virtual Villagers 4: free on my android. I've built a hut to increase population, although I'm not sure how much it increases my max population. I'm currently at 9, just got two women to have a baby moments ago. Although, when I choose this third female to reproduce; every time I put a man over her or her over a man the game resets itself every time and it's like I never tried to make the action. Sometimes some of my male villagers will even switch places on where they were on the map (Ex. the one I had gathering berries traded spots of the male i was trying to mate with that female.)

I'm not sure if this is because my game is limited because it's a free app? Or a un-fixable glitch, if it's solvable.. or maybe I'm just never going to be able to breed with that woman again.. which is a shame, because I kind of need her.

Note that the male I was trying to mate her with had no problem giving another female a baby, and in the past this problem female had a baby by a different male... so I have no idea what's going on.

I appreciate any advice. Thank you for your time.

Go to: