Re:Your Comments and Review for Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life

[Post New]by freelance52 on Apr 24, 10 12:56 AM
I've played all the VV games but this one is driving me mad! Its soooo boring! The pace that the adults move and work at is slloooowwww. So slow that it is like watching paint dry!! The only good thing about the snail pace ( no - I'm wrong there - snails are faster!) is that you can set them off on a task and then close down the game and go do something else, just check back periodically (like once a day!) to look at progress. I used a credit to get this and, whilst I'm not exactly sorry I bought it, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants a game to actually play. This really is a 'spectator sport', or something to do while you knit a large sweater or re-decorate your house.

robbsmom
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,285 Posts

[Post New]by robbsmom on Apr 24, 10 6:18 AM
Your are very funny freelance52, I feel the same way about the game too, I bought it on a credit too.I not sorry, its a good game for the beginning of VV fans.

Unsinkable
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Unsinkable on Apr 24, 10 6:44 AM
I this game ! Love the way you can make this game easy or very hard by the way you pick your peeps. It is more fun for me to play 2 or three tribes at a time . I started one with 3 moms harder to get food ect. but in a short time I had a nice size tribe. And have you tried putting a kid on a kid they play games(have jumping contests ect.) very funny . All in all the best $7 I have spent in a long time.

Greylady_98
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Greylady_98 on Apr 26, 10 2:11 PM
Very good. I have all the VV games. They are by far my favourites BUT----------------------------I would like to do one by myself, no hints, but when they include puzzles like the one for the crabs, well--it's very frustrating. Who the heck could figure that one out by themselves. I would vote to make it difficult - but Possible!

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Apr 26, 10 3:47 PM
lol not my thing . It's like watching paint dry.

LoisMac
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by LoisMac on Apr 27, 10 4:15 PM
I take it back. I'd didn't like this game to begin with. Felt too slow. But lol it def grows on you.

[Post New]by BEACHBUMWRIGHT on Apr 28, 10 12:50 PM
Good game . To bad Big Fish took so long to get it. Bought it elsewhere.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Apr 28, 10 6:05 PM
My two cents is that I actually finished the last 'tree' puzzle before i got 'great feast' and apparently, that is what triggers your end game outro scene. Was a little bummed at that. Not a bad game. I'm not the exploring type so I was happy that there was a walkthrough.

[Post New]by wishbone44 on May 1, 10 10:29 PM
I, too, have all the V V games.

Things I like about this one:
1. No gravestones cluttering up things
2. Being able to relocate hut foundations.

Things I dislike:

1. People move too slow, and the game time-clock goes too slow. I've had mine on fast since the beginning, and it is just dragging along.
2. Takes too long to make a Scholar (I have 116 people, right now 99% of them have completed all levels, except parenting ... and they've all been on parenting for days. That is ridiculous. They can complete building, or farming, in a few hours ... why not parenting? And, trust me, they are *going indoors* constantly ... lol
3. Puzzles should not be a complete, and total, mystery. Like the crabs ... who in their right mind (or even their un-right mind!) would have figured that out without help from a walkthrough? Or, getting the butterflies to the tree?! I enjoy doing the puzzles ... but I'd like to think I at least have a slim hope of figuring it out on my own.

Suggestions:
1. I feel you are going to have to jazz this up a bit, or folks will stop buying them, due to the sameness/boredom factor.
2. When using the Detail screen you should be able to see (in print) what level a villager is on. The graph isn't consistent ... sometimes they are a Master long before the blue fills the tube, and other times they aren't. It would be helpful to KNOW, by having it confirmed (in print).
3. On another virtual game similar to this, the new mothers have babies, and the babies are already 2 years old. No nursing mothers and the downtime they incur. I enjoyed that feature.

I doubt I will purchase the next V V, unless some changes have been made.

Thanks for the fun.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on May 6, 10 11:12 PM
I have finished all the puzzles in this game, with abundant help from walkthroughs. First I used the one on another site, then I found the one here on BF. I would never have been able to get the Grand Feast without BF's help. I knew what to do, but thought I had to use only one villager as the chef, and I chose one who likes to run, and still couldn't get it done.

I agree with those who are saying that some of the puzzles are too hard: at least they were for me. The crab puzzle I could not do without a walkthrough. Nor the butterflies. I did pretty well on unblocking the stream, but neglected to see what else had to be done to completely unblock it (until I consulted the walkthrough).

Still, I have been enjoying the game; I'm not bothered by how slow it is. When I am actually sitting at the computer playing it, I put it on fast. Otherwise, I put it on slow; don't want too many villagers dying of old age.

Now I'm working on getting all the trophies. The one I can't seem to do is getting 25 villagers in the pool all at the same time. I have to keep snatching them up and putting them back in, and still can't get 25 yet. If anyone has a trick to do it, let me know.

As for the blocking of the stream, yes, even after it is completely unblocked it needs to be worked on to keep the debris from building up. I usually try to leave two builders working on it overnight, but a couple of times I have come back to the game the next evening, and found the stream 100% blocked. Then I have to put 3 or 4 builders working on it at once.

I do think the fact that the debris has to continue to be cleared is so that future builders have something to do to increase their skill. Once there are no more huts to build, it's the only way.

As for scholars, I now have 85 villagers, and still no scholar. I have one Master Parent (that happened while I was away from the game), but she is now 61, and may be too old to become a Master at anything else. But I'm trying. I also have designated several young villagers as parents, so if one of them can get Master in that, they'll have plenty of time to become scholars.

Speaking of age and parents, I have had two female villagers become pregnant at 59, which I didn't think they were able to do. They got that way overnight. Also, my only set of triplets happened when I was away from the game.

All in all, I like the game; I don't feel so dumb now that I found out others have had problems with the puzzles.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on May 10, 10 8:20 PM
Well, I finally figured out on my own how to get 25 villagers in the pool at once. It was so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it before. I don't know how to disguise a spoiler in this post, so if anyone wants a tip, I can PM them.

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on May 11, 10 4:21 PM
LOVE VV4. Love the fact that you can pick your own villagers at the start. Only wish it could be 7 or 8 like the other games. LOVE the graphics. Love the fact that you can move the huts to where YOU want them.

Walkthrough says that keeping on clearing stream means that you always have something to train builders. OK by me.

Puzzles not as challenging? Fine by me. I am at an age where challenges are past history. Just play for the fun of it, so looks like VV4 will be my favourite.

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on May 11, 10 4:54 PM
PS: Just my humble opinion, but I also think that the "collectables" are more sensible than the other games.

Mebery
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by Mebery on May 15, 10 6:12 PM
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooooooooooooooooooooo glitchy. look at my post for tech. issues

Mebery
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by Mebery on May 15, 10 6:18 PM
freelance52 wrote:I've played all the VV games but this one is driving me mad! Its soooo boring! The pace that the adults move and work at is slloooowwww. So slow that it is like watching paint dry!! The only good thing about the snail pace ( no - I'm wrong there - snails are faster!) is that you can set them off on a task and then close down the game and go do something else, just check back periodically (like once a day!) to look at progress. I used a credit to get this and, whilst I'm not exactly sorry I bought it, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants a game to actually play. This really is a 'spectator sport', or something to do while you knit a large sweater or re-decorate your house.
I tot tally agree. I completed my best drawling ever while playing vv4

[Post New]by Pampie on May 20, 10 6:02 PM
I don't seem to find rare collectibles anymore, need 1 from most. I did all the puzzles, have a few scholars and also did alot of the trophies already. My population at 90 and I am stuck - any ideas?

[Post New]by gracepanda on May 25, 10 4:20 PM
Help! I keep sending my people "indoors" and yet nothing comes of it. They seem to be infertile. Any ideas? Thanks.

food

[Post New]by Theresejune on May 27, 10 2:38 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

I love all the vv's.
just found this one, but keep running out of food early in the game.
are there any other sources than berries

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 2:40:28 AM PST

Tiini
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life

[Post New]by Tiini on Jun 24, 10 10:42 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Tiini
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Tiini on Jun 24, 10 10:43 AM
Has anyone seen any appearances of "ghosts"

and

How do you get the children to pcik the flowers so the tree can be dedicated?

Go to: