Mebery
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mebery on May 10, 10 1:55 PM
The crab bug is something I can not get past it glitches my game up so that every thing that was before still is BUT the pier isn't finished and the cloth that was there before is gone. there is no way on earth I can't get that puzzle until that is fixed. The pause works on any thing else accept the crabs. Until there is a fix for this I don't recommend buying this game

Mebery
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by Mebery on May 12, 10 3:29 PM
Mebery wrote:The crab bug is something I can not get past it glitches my game up so that every thing that was before still is BUT the pier isn't finished and the cloth that was there before is gone. there is no way on earth I can't get that puzzle until that is fixed. The pause works on any thing else accept the crabs. Until there is a fix for this I don't recommend buying this game

Now I can't get in the game

[Post New]by Casombra on May 12, 10 4:40 PM
Mothers that are nursing don't quit nursing, the person building the love hut never shows he is improving in building, bug after bug after bug... if I keep going on I will be writing a novel.
I love the Virtual Villagers series but this one is HORRIBLE! All the other games are wonderful to play but this one is buggy as all get out.

Mebery
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by Mebery on May 13, 10 5:04 PM
Change the name to Mr, Bug or fix the bugs

tzpdx
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by tzpdx on May 22, 10 3:13 PM
The in-game cursor is sticky and jumpy; I can't seem to get it to move smoothly. My cursors do fine in any other game or application I try. Any advice?

rdiane2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by rdiane2 on May 30, 10 5:30 PM
I can't get a scholar - no one has been able to become a master at parenting. No matter how many children anyone has and how many stories they tell, they never get above about 80%.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 31, 10 1:43 AM
Take villagers over 50 years old and keep dropping them on each other over and over so they embrace. That increases their parenting skill.

Mebery
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by Mebery on Jun 4, 10 12:32 PM
On THIS computer ( the one i can't get in is on another computer) I have set it on fast for days AND the love hut is not built still they need to run it though a lot of testing before releasing and this game shows it.

rdiane2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by rdiane2 on Jun 8, 10 4:59 PM
Problem with clothing hut - frequently have to drop a person on it 20-30 times before it will give me the option to change clothing.

rdiane2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by rdiane2 on Jun 8, 10 5:13 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:Take villagers over 50 years old and keep dropping them on each other over and over so they embrace. That increases their parenting skill.

I've tried this MANY times - still no change. I finally totally restarted and was able to get about three scholars - now the same thing - no difference in parenting skills. I keep having them tell stories and it keeps saying they are improving, but they aren't.

I can't drop them on the 50+ ones because I've reached 100 population and it won't let them do anything any more. If I set them to parenting, they continually embrace - over and over again, but still no increase in parenting skill - this is even having a couple set to parenting skill and set of "fast" and being left alone for a day and a half - no increase at all.

[Post New]by JESS1991 on Jun 20, 10 5:11 AM
help me i cant get into my VV4 game i bought it and got a reciept but it keeps telling me trial expire?enter key which has been given to you,i cant find anything please help!!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jun 20, 10 5:20 AM
If you have to enter a key registration #, then you didn't buy your game here @ BFG where a click of the "Activate Now" button unlocks your game on your acct. page.
You need to return to whatever portal you bought your game from and contact their C/S.
Good luck and Happy Father's Day.

[Post New]by Imookey on Jun 23, 10 8:58 AM
I played the whole game from start to finish. The collectibles are a big part of the game. The game gave me all the wind flutes but I never received the last of the Mausoleum,so I couldn't get any ghost.I never got the last of the fish scales,so I couldn't get Golden fish.Nor did the completion of the research equipment.But .... I did get over 75 villagers.

Christian989
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by Christian989 on Jun 24, 10 2:47 AM
gailsgame wrote:
geezing wrote:

alinarouge wrote
Sorry my English.

I'm trying to solve Puzzle Nr. 10 - Mossy Rocks.
As soon as I see a red crab I click on my space bar - as suggested.
I can drop 2 children on the crab and also drag an adult on the crab BUT.... on that moment.... the game blocks and appear a small window on which is Written:
"Error access........."
The game closes itlsef and I can't play anymore!!!!!

Somenthing's wrong.
Very bad.

Any help?

Thanks a lot.

Ciao Alina

This has also happened TWICE to my game.
I recently updated my graphics driver while playing Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer. I do not think it is the driver.

I also would like help, please.

Read over at the other forum it is a common error, and there's no fix yet. So you'll have to not pause the game with the crabs.

I was just going to ask about this. Thanks!

[Post New]by GameComputer on Jun 27, 10 10:56 PM
My problem is I can't get the cauldron to empty. It keeps saying I have an unfinished stew in it and nothing I do will let me start again. I have added food from the food bin several times. Villagers have been bringing food directly to the cauldron instead of the food bin. I have even had a Villager cook different herbs into it. I need to get it empty so I can make cloth. I don't know what to do.

[Post New]by gantoni on Jul 12, 10 4:05 PM
OK. I have tried everything suggested over the past three days:, help pages, customer support, emails, phone calls, forums and FAQ. I cannot get VV4 to save!. I play... when I close and come back I have to start all over again. I have just about lost my patience and am close to cancelling anything having to do with Big Fish if I can't get this resolved. PLEASE can I get some help that actually helps!?

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Sep 7, 10 7:44 PM
the intro movie (landscape with sun flyover) lags very badly in all Last Day of Work games. the lag is so bad it seems to be rendering frame by frame as a slideshow. this may be connected with the new Flash? i see a Flash issue was supposed to have been worked on--i don't think it's completely resolved.

if i click on the lagging movie, it forwards to the game itself which runs fine.

deyb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by deyb on Oct 7, 10 7:58 PM
I ran into this once and noticed that I already had one person dropping off a crab while I was trying to catch the next one. I tried it again, but did them in series instead of at the same time and all went well. Hope if that isn't the solution, that you find it soon.

geezing wrote:

alinarouge wrote
Sorry my English.

I'm trying to solve Puzzle Nr. 10 - Mossy Rocks.
As soon as I see a red crab I click on my space bar - as suggested.
I can drop 2 children on the crab and also drag an adult on the crab BUT.... on that moment.... the game blocks and appear a small window on which is Written:
"Error access........."
The game closes itlsef and I can't play anymore!!!!!

Somenthing's wrong.
Very bad.

Any help?

Thanks a lot.

Ciao Alina

This has also happened TWICE to my game.
I recently updated my graphics driver while playing Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer. I do not think it is the driver.

I also would like help, please.

[Post New]by WaterWitch09 on Jan 26, 11 6:50 PM
I just completed the branch puzzle, and now my tree is invisible. Has this happened to anyone else?

[Post New]by savhcheshire on Apr 9, 11 3:40 PM
I'm having a problem with the cloth making process. I make the "stew" and one of the villagers takes the bowl to the rock on the beach and dump it out. That works fine. The only problem is my percentage doesn't change. No matter how many bowls of "cloth stew" the villagers put on the rock, my percentage completed is still reading zero. What can I do?

Go to: