Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Walkthrough available for Virtual Villagers: The Tree of Life

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 20, 11 3:18 PM
Food sources are:
- Gather berries
- Get kids to collect mushrooms
- When you have lv2 construction, clear out the pit filled with stones, then place 4 hot rocks in it and cover it with banana leaves cook the yellow fruit
- when you have lv 2 science you can make cloth, and with cloth you can make fishing nets to fish in the sea
- once you have the fishing nets, crabs start appearing on the beach. Distract the crabs with 2 kids and then get an adult to pick it up (this is rather labout intensive, so I don't often use it as a food source)

[Post New]by Kiwawa on Jun 21, 11 8:14 PM
@ Marget: For the grand feast the problem you're most likely having is that you're not putting the ingredients in the right order. I know that once you boil the water you put in one of each plant (sweet, soapy, spicy), and then put in the two bins of food. The stew will then ask for something more nutritious, and this is when you get a child to bring a mushroom. Once they put in the mushroom, feel free to put in blackberries, then the tree fruit, and then the fish. But you have to make sure the blackberries are put into the pot before you get the tree fruit, and you have to wait until the tree fruit is in the pot before putting in the fish. Once you do that the feast will be ready! Hope this helps.

Also: I don't know what to do with the extra cloth I have. I've already fixed the nets, and I need my tech points so I can't just buy clothes. I was wondering if there was anything more productive that I could do. Thanks.

[Post New]by tennis_gurl101 on Jul 27, 11 8:31 AM
I understand that you need pulpy vines for the soap, but how do you get the vines. HELP!!!! thanx

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jul 27, 11 4:50 PM
The vines are required to make cloth, not soap. You make soap with sea water and 3 soapy plants. To make cloth, you can cut the pulpy vines with a tool from your lab once you've built the clothing hut (lv2 science).

[Post New]by margreet58 on Aug 16, 11 7:08 AM
I can help you whit this game in duch when you like it, you can give mi a mail

[Post New]by SassyVegasMom on Sep 16, 11 5:25 PM
i just started the game so i am kind of new at this but how do u get boiling hot water to make the stew from the big pot

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 22, 11 4:45 PM
Drop a villager on the wooden bowls by the sea (for salt water) or by the stream (for fresh water) and they will go and fill the pot with water. Then drop a villager on the pile of black rocks next to the bridge to the lab. they will take it to the fire. When the rock in the fire turns red, drop anotehr villager on it and they will take it to the pot of water.

[Post New]by bmorgan312 on Jan 27, 12 4:46 PM
I am stuck on making cloth. Have repeatedly added vines and hot rocks. It keeps telling me I need more herbs and have an unfinished stew. Any suggestions

shyly12
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by shyly12 on Feb 20, 12 4:45 PM
i need tech points fast! help!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 21, 12 4:01 PM
bmorgan312 wrote:I am stuck on making cloth. Have repeatedly added vines and hot rocks. It keeps telling me I need more herbs and have an unfinished stew. Any suggestions
This means you've used fresh water rather than sea water. You can only make cloth with sea water.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 21, 12 4:03 PM
shyly12 wrote:i need tech points fast! help!
Get lots of people working in the lab and make sure your kids pick up collectibles. Once you've increased your science level you will get tech points faster so that's why I always get science before any other technology, even if it requires more points.

[Post New]by tribeslady on Apr 28, 12 3:38 AM
how do I make them honor the tree i've tried loads of times now and they still take the stew to the fire to eat it

[Post New]by Lynx_Dragon on Jul 19, 12 12:38 PM
tribeslady wrote:how do I make them honor the tree i've tried loads of times now and they still take the stew to the fire to eat it

•You need 20 villagers including children.
•Make a stew with the following ingredients: fresh water, three sweet plants and food from the food bin.
•Very quickly drop 20 villagers onto the pot and they will take the stew to the Tree of Life and honor it.
•Need 20 villagers kneeling at the Tree of Life at the same time.

[Post New]by krazy_dutch_kid on Sep 25, 12 12:11 PM
Love the walkthrough! Thanks for putting it together and sharing it with us.

[Post New]by Elaine_Fish on Feb 7, 13 6:03 PM
I can't make any child pick up the flower to decorate the tree. Need help...

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 18, 13 5:28 PM
Elaine_Fish wrote:I can't make any child pick up the flower to decorate the tree. Need help...
You need to make the braids into rope first using cloth. Only when you have rope you can pick flowers and attach them to it.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 27, 13 3:39 AM
Are you sure you're using fresh water from the stream and not sea water? It should say the stew needs something nutritional. You do need to add food from the food bin, as well as from each food source. You also need a mushroom.

gtagta
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by gtagta on Feb 27, 13 7:48 PM
thx!

[Post New]by swastikanandwani on Mar 8, 13 6:04 AM
im having a problem making the stew of the spicy smelling herb can any help me out if anyone knows about it

Go to: