Re:The art of gifting friends

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 9, 17 12:55 PM
lisarae_au wrote:
Edit: Also can anyone give me an idea HOW to create a spreadsheet - I can't figure out how to make it work....

Rather than using Excel (if you're not comfortable with that) you can just create a table in Word. I use landscape orientation and add enough columns to go to the end of the page. The first column is friends' names, friends' id#, then all the rest are dates. Self-adjust the first column to the longest name, the id# column should be wide enough for 6 nos. and the dates columns are very narrow. I write in the date, put a dot when I receive a gift and a check mark when I send one out. I don't keep track of the names of the gifts.

I created a master sheet, then just print off copies. I only update that master sheet when additions/subtractions/modifications become too numerous.

Even just a yellow legal pad, or notebook will work. It all depends on how many friends you have and how you're most comfortable keeping track.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Jun 9, 17 1:54 PM
Love_rnr wrote:
Note to Suzy - how are you doing on your iPhone game? I'm trying a different tactic this time and doing several rounds of hos for a few days, then when I start the cc quests, they go pretty quickly since I have more inventory available. I still think I'm a bit crazy for doing it on the phone, lol

Hi Paula

I'm still finding the teeny tiny search challenging -- but also fun. The objects look so cute in miniature. But my goodness, DesertDruid, how did you ever get so far on your iPhone????
My strategy right now is similar to yours, Paula -- because the full round of HOS is so short right now I do several rounds before tackling a quest. I also heeded Stina_E's advice to hang out at level 18 and craft that Blessing Pendant several times over -- and now the Mechanical Heart. The limitation, of course, is the stamps needed for crafting. Much more patient this time around though

edited for spelling

Edited on 06/09/2017 at 2:16:38 PM PST

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Jun 9, 17 2:18 PM
Hope (just) John isn't seeing this, but do you send him gifts too? Since I've been at a higher level, I haven't gotten anything from him in a while.

Oh my, John really does pay attention, I just received a gift from him! Thanks John

Edited on 06/09/2017 at 2:22:51 PM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Jun 9, 17 2:23 PM
The only time I ever sent John a gift was when I was new to the game & thought he was a real person. It took me a bit to figure out he wasnt. My real friends need the gifts I send, so John is out. I tried to delete him once, but game wouldn't let me. And I guess that's better for me since he does sometimes send gifts. On my feeder game, I have an egg & the Mechanical Heart (I don't have any friends other than my main). He has never gifted an egg, but does send the Mechanical Heart.

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Jun 9, 17 2:44 PM
I also heeded Stina_E's advice to hang out at level 18 and craft that Blessing Pendant several times over -- and now the Mechanical Heart. The limitation, of course, is the stamps needed for crafting. Much more patient this time around though

There is an achievement, can't remember which one, that gives you 10,000 coins when finished, and that is very helpful for opening more areas!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 9, 17 4:01 PM
How? Persistence. And time. Lots of time. I've been at this for over 2 years.
And Elsa, put the stamps you need on your wishlist - I've got over 2000 plain stamps. I'll be happy to send them to you.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Jun 9, 17 4:26 PM
Desertdruid wrote:How? Persistence. And time. Lots of time. I've been at this for over 2 years.
And Elsa, put the stamps you need on your wishlist - I've got over 2000 plain stamps. I'll be happy to send them to you.

Still impressive!

Suzy has the green stamp up right now -- that's the one I need most for her just now.
Thanks!

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jun 9, 17 5:12 PM
Like others, I simply keep a notebook listing who has sent gifts and to whom I have returned gifts. I return gifts in the order I receive them with one exception.

I have again tried to do a unique stamp swap for those who are trying for this achievement and I have written that next to my avatar but it is either not read or ignored. I do not need unique stamps! Please do not send unique stamps if you are not swapping. Unfortunately, today I received 18 gifts and 11 of them were unique stamps while only 2 gifters were swapping. I was gifting the ones who were swapping first. Today I reluctantly took the unique stamp off my wish list and I'm so sorry for those who need them. But I can not survive with receiving only stamps and gifting out other things as I always return gifts. I know one should never complain about gifts received but enough is enough.

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Jun 9, 17 9:26 PM
I guess I'm a cross between old fashioned and tech. I keep my friends lists in Excel, but I print out copies to use. They last a few weeks then I print out new ones (with any changes).

[Post New]by MysteriousMoods on Jun 9, 17 10:21 PM
Dbingamen wrote:Like others, I simply keep a notebook listing who has sent gifts and to whom I have returned gifts. I return gifts in the order I receive them with one exception.

I have again tried to do a unique stamp swap for those who are trying for this achievement and I have written that next to my avatar but it is either not read or ignored. I do not need unique stamps! Please do not send unique stamps if you are not swapping. Unfortunately, today I received 18 gifts and 11 of them were unique stamps while only 2 gifters were swapping. I was gifting the ones who were swapping first. Today I reluctantly took the unique stamp off my wish list and I'm so sorry for those who need them. But I can not survive with receiving only stamps and gifting out other things as I always return gifts. I know one should never complain about gifts received but enough is enough.

I swap Unique Stamps with my friends I have never put swap by my name because I don't want only stamps.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Jun 10, 17 12:44 AM
lisarae_au wrote:I'm pretty much exploring the forums for the first time -at least in a long time, and this is very helpful - especially as when I stopped playing you could only gift 5 people a day and I only found out today that it is 15 (in 3 lots of 5). A spreadsheet is a brilliant idea and I am learning a lot today about all sorts of stuff that might make the game a little more fun. Just wanted to say.

Edit: Also can anyone give me an idea HOW to create a spreadsheet - I can't figure out how to make it work....

One very important thing to put on your spreadsheet is the ID# after your friends' names.That way if anything happened to your game, you have their ID#s so you can reinvite them to your game. If your game or computer ever crashes, BF can restore your levels, but not your friends.

Go to: