Beautiful game!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Beautiful game!

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 22, 10 4:33 AM
belamba wrote:Hi TerryMann,
Glad you like this one. Certainly makes up for a duffer or two; must get back to the game.
Although CEs cost more, we get a free game next month so worth the extra I think. Hope BIG Fishies give us a game when this is released as TGT. I miss a game on days CEs are released as regular games.
Enjoy,
La Bamba

Yes, I am wondering about that since they made the CE TGT which they never used to do- so TGT for CE and TGT for basic

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Apr 22, 10 4:56 AM
I am a big fan of Collector's Edition games. This game is especially magnificent.
The graphics and scenery are breathtaking. The game play is fun and I like that I can play in Expert mode now that I am used to these games it gives me more of a challenge. I bought it within 20 minutes of gameplay.
Thank you BFG. Keep them coming!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Apr 22, 10 5:15 AM
Wonderful, delightful, enjoyable game. Would buy, but have to wait for regular edition.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 22, 10 5:52 AM
govegril wrote:
belamba wrote:Hi TerryMann,
Glad you like this one. Certainly makes up for a duffer or two; must get back to the game.
Although CEs cost more, we get a free game next month so worth the extra I think. Hope BIG Fishies give us a game when this is released as TGT. I miss a game on days CEs are released as regular games.
Enjoy,
La Bamba

Yes, I am wondering about that since they made the CE TGT which they never used to do- so TGT for CE and TGT for basic

I'm not really sure but I believe it has something to do with this article that came out yesterday on the Blog.

Collector's Edition Games Available to All Customers
Posted on April 21, 2010 in Big Fish News
Collector's Edition Games
We're happy to announce that Collector's Edition games are now available to all Big Fish Games' customers! No longer will you have to be a member of Big Fish Game Club in order to purchase Collector's Editions of games.

Best of all, the same criteria still apply for Collector's Edition purchases. You will still three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card for each Collector's Edition purchase and will gain access to bonus "Easter egg" levels, puzzles, and other fun extras.

So my guess is since CE's are available to all that they will allow the club members to have it first so in that sense it is a TGT. but I could be wrong

Margie B

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 22, 10 6:33 AM
biomix wrote:I am a big fan of Collector's Edition games. This game is especially magnificent.
The graphics and scenery are breathtaking. The game play is fun and I like that I can play in Expert mode now that I am used to these games it gives me more of a challenge. I bought it within 20 minutes of gameplay.
Thank you BFG. Keep them coming!

I am also a big fan. So far I have got them all except the Tm one. I don't like those. I am not fast enough. Give me the slow and relaxed every time. Thanks BFG for another great game.

belle

Edited on 04/22/2010 at 6:34:24 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 22, 10 6:48 AM
Thanks Margie

And I think you are right- that sounds like the Big Fish way to me!

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Apr 22, 10 7:14 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I agree, Casual.

And why don't you buy the CE? It's instead 3 "suspicious" HOGs (even 2$ less, lol), and you get 3 coupons...

No, I am not advertising , just calculating the benefits...

Whoa! Three coupons?! Am I missing something? I thought you just got three punches on the punchcard. Would someone please clarify this for me?

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Apr 22, 10 7:16 AM
f1racing wrote:I agree with your point as well, Rebeca, but the deciding factor for me would be the length. Yes, you get three credits, but three games would be about six hours of play at the least. For me to spend twenty bucks, I want length like dire grove for example.

Happy gaming

OK, someone please tell me how this works. Do you get a special code?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 22, 10 7:16 AM
Lavender101 wrote:

And why don't you buy the CE? It's instead 3 "suspicious" HOGs (even 2$ less, lol), and you get 3 coupons...

Whoa! Three coupons?! Am I missing something? I thought you just got three punches on the punchcard. Would someone please clarify this for me?

You get three punches on your card if you buy this game.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 22, 10 7:22 AM
I thought you had to be a member to get punch cards..but you don't have to be a member to get CE's? So, then how would you get 3 punches?

I should go back and re-read, am confused.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Apr 22, 10 7:38 AM
I also thought that members are the ONLY ones that get the punch cards?

I also believe that we members get the TGT!

I am going to demo now

THANKS FISHIES that have played already for your comments & reviews.

Happy Gaming
PEN

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Apr 22, 10 7:46 AM
This is a beautiful game. The graphics are just gorgeous and the music is just right, not annoying. I played on expert mode just fine. I have to wait to purchase next month, but it will be well worth the wait.

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Apr 22, 10 7:54 AM
Can someone that has played the game tell me, are the mini puzzles skippable?

No skip, no buy for me and I haven't seen any reviewers address this yet.

I love the reviews but sometimes folks forget to add skippable games or not to their pros and cons.

Thanks so very much.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 22, 10 8:03 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:
Lavender101 wrote:

You get three punches on your card if you buy this game.

LOL! Wow, what a big mistake! - of course it's punches and not coupons

I apologize sincerely! (is this "bribe" enough?

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Apr 22, 10 8:05 AM
It looked so familiar from the very beginning. The graphics, the music, the sounds in general, the way to play, it reminded me of Magic Encyclopedia. Although I really enjoyed the trial period of The Spell, I don't think I will spend $20 on it. Like I said, it is kind of déjà vu all over again. Besides, I am still waiting for BFG to release ME: Illusions. I'll wait for the regular version.

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on Apr 22, 10 8:13 AM
Such a lovely and enjoyable game, especially after the rather ordinary offerings lately. I went ahead and bought the CE, I was really getting edgy needing a good solid IHOG fix. And it only gets better with Dream Day -Italia being offered today as well. I know what I'm doing this weekend, and most probably quite a lot of fishies too! Thank you BF.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Apr 22, 10 8:23 AM
Hi Indy70,

Yes it has the Skip option on mini games

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 22, 10 8:30 AM
for the legth:i payed it in 5 hours and i don't played the bonus level entirely:for tomorrow!i took my time and played it in easy level;so ,if you play without help,it is long enough to buy without be frustated!

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Apr 22, 10 8:32 AM
just wondering if anyone noticed a glitch with the kettle scene with the blacksmith, got the kettle water and i ended up in the oldman cabin then ended up in blacksmith cabin, or am i imagining it. anyways ill buy the game.

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Apr 22, 10 8:46 AM
Thanks so much grammyapples. I am always so happy to know the puzzles are skippable.

I appreciate the information. So kind of you to respond.

Go to: