Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 24, 10 6:03 PM
I just finished this game in timed mode and now the seasoned traveler mode has opened up. I'm not a fan of romance-themed games but I really enjoyed this one. The presentation and the graphics are outstanding, and even some of the teeny items didn't bother me due to the fact that the graphics were so clear and crisp. I've pretty much stopped buying what are primarily straight hidden object games, but I made an exception for this game and I'm glad that I did. The minigames were fun too.

BUDDYROSE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by BUDDYROSE on Apr 24, 10 8:54 PM
Finally we have DDW Bella Italia! I don't think it is as good as the DDW Las Vegas, but it is very good. A little hard to find some of the hidden objects which makes it frustrating and you run out of time and hints so you have to start over again. But I love the DDW series--nothing scary or gruesome. Just very pleasant, pretty, challenging enough and fun...and we all need that sometimes.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Apr 25, 10 12:08 PM
The 1st 3 DDs were among the 1st HOGs I ever played & I did enjoy them, tho as someone mentioned, where is the continuation of Jenny & Robert w/ DD 1st Baby? It was a much better concept to be the helpful pal of the harried bride etc than a professional wedding planner (1 a yr? can't be raking in the big bucks at it then LOL). The quality went downhill after 1st Home & that's b/c (challenges brain to get around new roolz in a manner than will not earn a finslap) the game developer of the 1st 3 games, which was named for Titania's DH in Shakespeare's The Tempest (HA! I did it!), was taken over by the horrible pink bubblegum logo ppl, & I say horrible b/c I will NOT fork over coin to a place that hijacks your home pg, installs its toolbar w/o asking nicely, & loads who knows what other kind of malware onto your pc merely for downloading a demo from their site. NOT the way to gain customers IMHO & I just won't give them a profit for trying to take over my pc. It's bad enough I have to put up w/ a game mgr here.

That said, Bella Italia is a huge improvement over Viva Las Vegas IMHO. The graphix in this one are much clearer & the HOs scenes don't repeat much in an hr. The HOs are actually "hidden" objects & very well done in some cases, as they've taken the time to blend them into the architecture, furniture, etc, making it a medium-to-hard difficulty. Even some of the bluebirds of happiness were a challenge to find when they used to leap right out at you. I did use some hints. The minigames were innovative & integrated into the storyline, not just flung in for the sake of having a minigame (tho I did miss Perfect Match LOL), & skippable until you unlock the expert mode. Andrew sounded like a dork but the voice acting of Isabela w/ her Italian accent was good.

What I didn't like was in the scenes where you had to find, say 15 birds, if you did it quickly you got stupid cheerleading msgs exploding in the middle of the screen slowing you down! Pffft I know I'm "on the ball" LOL And you had to tap the "objective" button for some minigame scenes for the directions instead of having them just pop in. But those were minor annoyances in an otherwise solid straight HOG & if it weren't for the bubblegummers having made it, I might've purchased.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 26, 10 12:10 AM
I've not tried the previous games in the series, but couldn't resist this one because it's about Italy, which I love to visit. Only played the trial so far, but I know I'll have to get it. It's very attractive and although some of the objects are small and well hidden, it's pretty much a traditional HOG with some nice mini-games. Just what I like. I plan to enjoy this one for a while.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 26, 10 2:45 AM
I have all but one of the DDW series and as ever they are done beautifully. This one certainly was worth the money, took me several hours over 2 days to finish it. However I do have some issues with it: firstly I couldn't rotate the photograph pieces properly and ended up skipping all of them. The sparkling refrigerator in the pantry drove me up the wall, although I may just have not been in a good mood!!

However, my biggest issue was in the shoe store; I have absolutely no idea what a 'baguette clutch' is (never seen a bag that looks like a loaf of bread!), spent ages looking for purses that didn't exist, since in the UK what they call a purse we call a handbag (we keep money in purses, men use wallets) and finding the various shoes was very frustrating for me for the same reason. This occured in other scenes too; the descriptions seem to use american terminology and this was very confusing for me here in England. I had to use several hints to get through the game, which spoiled it a little. Otherwise a really nice game.

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Apr 28, 10 9:25 PM
I am really beginning to wish that I had never bought this game. And I have never yet said that about any game on bfg.

The concept is beautiful as is the artwork, and I love all the fun little minigames. I also like having choices between different modes.

But, many of the objects are way too tiny to comfortably see, and I have never before now had a problem with that, even with games that other people were complaining had objects that were too tiny!

I have already had to start over once because I was stuck. Now (after having started over and honestly starting to get rather bored with having to re-do the entire game), I'm stuck again. I used my last hint, but I can't spot a white stone anywhere in the vicinity of where I was told it was.

I loved the rest of the games in the series, but I highly doubt I would choose to buy another one now.

[Post New]by leadams on Apr 30, 10 9:08 AM
[i]Love it!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on May 1, 10 11:00 AM
Played the demo and enjoyed this game tremendously. Plan to buy today. Lots of fun, clear nice graphics.

romedllc
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by romedllc on May 1, 10 11:13 AM
Great game! Love the DDW series but especially love this and the Las Vegas games in the series.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 1, 10 11:52 AM
Loved it!! But so glad another fishie was lost in the shoe section. My heart sank cos they all look the same to me. Had to save up a bunch of hints.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on May 1, 10 8:52 PM
This was a wonderful game to play. It had everthing! Great Graphic's, fun mini games and puzzles. Both my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you

beadster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by beadster on May 2, 10 11:46 AM
If this is your kind of storyline, then you'll like it -- have to work a bit at it since some of the objects are tiny but a good **** game. If this is not your storyline, don't even bother --

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 3, 10 5:48 PM
angelfish106 wrote:

However, my biggest issue was in the shoe store; I have absolutely no idea what a 'baguette clutch' is (never seen a bag that looks like a loaf of bread!), spent ages looking for purses that didn't exist, since in the UK what they call a purse we call a handbag

True, terminology is sometimes an issue for me too (I attended English school and lived in the US for a while and sometimes I use American vocab with UK citizens, others British terms with US citizens... so I end up seeming unintentionally exotic

A 'baguette clutch' is a relatively small handbag, usually long and with no handles, that you can carry in your hand or under your armpit: the armpit opiton is the one that gives the name "Baguette clutch" (at least where I live) as myth has it it is the place people carry their baguette bread around (as confusing as it may get, I don't accomodate my baguette bread under my arm: I have a bag for my baguettes that is not a baguette clutch. Très chic.)

Edited on 05/03/2010 at 5:49:45 PM PST

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on May 3, 10 7:51 PM
I purchased this game based on my enjoyment of the other games in the series. I didn't like this game nearly as much. It wasn't just that the objects were small, they were indistinct. Much more a junkpile **** then the previous DDW games. I was bored and wanted the game to be over. Most of the puzzles were a waste of time. No thought was needed - just time to do them. The gigantic junkpiles after the wedding were unnecessary and tedious. There was nothing fresh about this game. Just a change of venue. I expected to get a taste of Italy but even that fell flat. I really wanted to like the game, but I didn't. I think it's time to retire DDW.

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on May 6, 10 10:39 PM
I love this series of wedding planner games but I wish that when I had specific objectives other than getting out of a Trapped area or a hidden objects scene, like when making the ravioli, it would display the Objective when the level starts rather than having to click on it.

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on May 9, 10 2:28 AM
What a fantastic refreshing inventive game! A welcome change from graves and mirrors and haunted scenes (although they can be captivating too). I'm half way through Dream Day Bella and it's keeping me so interested. Will certainly check out more Dream Day games. Love it!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on May 9, 10 2:40 AM
auntym wrote:I purchased this game based on my enjoyment of the other games in the series. I didn't like this game nearly as much. It wasn't just that the objects were small, they were indistinct. Much more a junkpile **** then the previous DDW games. I was bored and wanted the game to be over. Most of the puzzles were a waste of time. No thought was needed - just time to do them. The gigantic junkpiles after the wedding were unnecessary and tedious. There was nothing fresh about this game. Just a change of venue. I expected to get a taste of Italy but even that fell flat. I really wanted to like the game, but I didn't. I think it's time to retire DDW.

So sorry you didn't enjoy it! I loved the Florence street and the olive groves. There will be another one - possibly Hawaii! Can't wait!!

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on May 9, 10 7:56 PM
I'm a big fan of the DDW series, and this one didn't disappoint. While it's true that a lot of the hidden object scenes were a little frustrating, I never ran out of time before I was able to find everything. I like that in some instances there were multiples of items to find, which is always helpful so you don't have to keep referring back to the list or trying to keep the list in your memory as you scan the scene. The mini games are fun and with various difficulty levels, but you can skip any that are too tedious or hard. The only bone I have to pick was with the shoe shop hidden object scene - you're to find tissue paper and two "multi-colored heels." I clicked on a very obvious piece of blue tissue paper sticking out of a gift bag, but that wasn't the "right" tissue paper. And there were at least six multi-colored heels in that store; it was a matter of finding the correct ones.

My favorite part of the Las Vegas version was opening all the gifts at the end and I was a little disappointed not to get to do that this time, but wow - talk about getting your money's worth of gameplay! It took me several hours over the course of two days (or perhaps, if I'm being honest, two very late nights!) and I was always excited to see another page turn, meaning there was more to do!

I love the various "crises" that occur, along with the accompanying "tune of doom" - this usually involves a ruined cake or dress and they're always good for a chuckle. And I really enjoy designing the rings, cake and dress and then seeing them on the bride at the end.

I just started the game with the bonus level that you have to unlock, and it promises even longer lists of items to find, which is mind-boggling considering that last level in the airport had 90-something! Definitely maximum bang for the buck here.

[Post New]by randylover115 on May 11, 10 1:24 PM
I always love the dream day wedding games,but the hos are too small,so Im stuck in the gown shop looking for the tiara.But other than that it was great fun.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on May 13, 10 4:58 PM
Romantic games are usually my last choice - and this is the first wedding game I have played, mainly because my type of games are few and far between at the moment. I have to say this is an excellent game - terrific length - crystal clear graphics and beautiful scenery, music, fabulous animations in the scenes - (love the cars whizzing past the cafe) - an excellent game. I seriously can't fault it. Fun puzzles - not too hard. Loved designing the wedding itself and seeing the photo album at the end - how cute.
First time I have ever used a timer option, but had plenty of time to spare. Well done! Now - just do a murder/mystery one exactly the same - and quick! LOL.

Go to: