BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Talk with Developers - Ghost Files: The Face Of Guilt Collector's Edition

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jun 29, 17 1:46 AM
Penguin29 wrote:Love love love this game. Finally just a good ole "who dunnit" game. No portals or missing loved ones or evil witches. Keep them coming.

Thank you, Penguin29, for the support.

If you have time or desire to do so, you can post a review on the Big Fish page concerning the game. Here is the link to the page:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/games/11756/ghost-files-the-face-of-guilt-ce/?pc=

Happy Gaming!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jun 29, 17 1:50 AM
scorpio42 wrote:Hi BorisDR ...

I'm playing on a PC with Windows 10 and a Dell E2015HV Monitor that is set to 1600 x 900 when I downloaded this game again to play the Bonus Game all that I got was an extremely colorful background rather than an actual scene ... I'm not sure what's going on but that was totally unexpected.

Thank you for your attention and time taken regarding this issue ...

BJ Minnich aka scorpio42

Hi, scorpio42!

Concerning the problem you encountered with the Bonus Chapter it's better to contact the nice and expert people at Customer Servise or the moderators on the Forum Thread for the tech issues. The thread for the Tech issues can be found here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/921212.page

Happy Gaming!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 2, 17 7:14 PM
Hi Boris,

I love it when the developers are interested enough to talk to the players. Thank you and Brave Giant for that! I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm loving this game so far, but have found a small glitch. It's the kind of glitch that will drive players crazy, though, so you should be aware. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem remains.

One of the collectibles can't be collected. It's the one in the Judicial Archive where the policeman is wounded. I noticed that the stars above the inventory weren't lit when I first arrived, which usually means that the collectible has been found or there isn't one. But every other scene so far has had a collectible, so I checked the guide. It seems there should be a picture in that room, but it's not there. Even the strategy guide shows that the stars above the inventory are not lit, though they are for every other scene showing collectibles.

That will leave me with only 9 of 10 pictures at the end of the game and unable to get two achievements: the one for finding all the pictures and the one for getting all the achievements. Other players commented on the same problem in the thread called "picture in police archives?"

Many players, including me, really like achievements and want to be able to earn all of them. It will ruin the whole game for me if I can't get all of them. The fact that it's impossible doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. I hate not being able to get all of the achievements. I don't know if your games allow players to go back and get any collectibles they missed after they finish the game, but I don't want to have to replay the whole game to get the missing collectible.

I know it seems minor, but this really needs a fix. There have been a few other games that this has happened in and it always leaves me reluctant to buy another game from that developer unless they fix problems with their earlier games first.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 2, 17 7:30 PM
BorisDr wrote:
About the diaries and journals, most surveys on that problem show that the players don't use them anymore. But, we will try to implement the backup for it in the new games.

I'm not sure what surveys have been done, unless you mean beta testers. But I know that people on forums like this one and on surveys are always much more likely to complain about things they don't like than to write about how much they like something.

I love reading the journals. I also like to read background and/or trivia about characters or places in the games. I like conversations that carry the story forward, though they don't have to dominate the game. I am also one of the players that like "helpers" in games - the dragon, elf, cat, dog, etc. that you need to use to reach places your character can't go. You'll see lots of people post that they hate helpers, but again, if something annoys you, you're much more likely to post about it, than if you like something. BTW, that isn't a suggestion that you need to include helpers in your games. It's just to show that not everyone will avoid buying a game that has a helper, just because a game has one in it.

I like developers to make games that they themselves would enjoy playing, because I think it makes the game better when the developer is excited about it. So, if that means you want to include journals, helpers, conversations, cut-scenes, or whatever, then include them!

So far, my favorite things in this game are the photo collectibles and the information on each one in the Extras. It makes collecting them much more enjoyable knowing that there is a reward of sorts for doing it. (Which just makes me sadder about the one photo that apparently can't be collected in the Judicial Archives...)

Edited on 07/04/2017 at 11:21:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 2, 17 9:01 PM
Hi Boris. Thanks for a great game. I Was really enjoying it until I ran into a snag. I was trying to compare the bullet cases but I inadvertently backed out of the lab. Now I cannot access the shell casings that are already on the microscope, and cannot continue with the game. The hint tells me to click out of the lab, and the next hint sends me back to the lab. I can never complete the game. As I said, I was really enjoying it. Any Ideas?

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jul 4, 17 5:17 AM
burf90 wrote:Hi Boris,

I love it when the developers are interested enough to talk to the players. Thank you and Brave Giant for that! I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm loving this game so far, but have found a small glitch. It's the kind of glitch that will drive players crazy, though, so you should be aware. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the problem remains.

One of the collectibles can't be collected. It's the one in the Judicial Archive where the policeman is wounded. I noticed that the stars above the inventory weren't lit when I first arrived, which usually means that the collectible has been found or there isn't one. But every other scene so far has had a collectible, so I checked the guide. It seems there should be a picture in that room, but it's not there. Even the strategy guide shows that the stars above the inventory are not lit, though they are for every other scene showing collectibles.

That will leave me with only 9 of 10 pictures at the end of the game and unable to get two achievements: the one for finding all the pictures and the one for getting all the achievements. Other players commented on the same problem in the thread called "picture in police archives?"

Many players, including me, really like achievements and want to be able to earn all of them. It will ruin the whole game for me if I can't get all of them. The fact that it's impossible doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. I hate not being able to get all of the achievements. I don't know if your games allow players to go back and get any collectibles they missed after they finish the game, but I don't want to have to replay the whole game to get the missing collectible.

I know it seems minor, but this really needs a fix. There have been a few other games that this has happened in and it always leaves me reluctant to buy another game from that developer unless they fix problems with their earlier games first.

Hi, burf90!

Thank you for the time you took to report us about this problem with the collectibles on the Judicial Archive scene. The problem will be fixed and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced as the result of the problem.

Happy gaming and hope you enjoyed the rest of the game!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

Edited on 07/04/2017 at 5:23:31 AM PST

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jul 4, 17 5:37 AM
Old_Man_River wrote: Hi Boris. Thanks for a great game. I Was really enjoying it until I ran into a snag. I was trying to compare the bullet cases but I inadvertently backed out of the lab. Now I cannot access the shell casings that are already on the microscope, and cannot continue with the game. The hint tells me to click out of the lab, and the next hint sends me back to the lab. I can never complete the game. As I said, I was really enjoying it. Any Ideas?

Hi, Old_Man_River!

It's great that you liked the game. About the snag you encountered, it's better to post the problem in the TECH ISSUES thread. Also, it's always good to contact the Big Fish customer service if the answer for the problem isn't found by the moderators in the TECH ISSUES thread.

Happy Gaming!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

[Post New]by PE_JamesK on Jul 4, 17 7:52 AM
At tge part where you receive an unknown case # card at the bungalow. The game does not let you interact with the tv, nor progress the the site of the archived trial records. Their is obviously an option to interact later with a color block hint on the tv in the bungalow. In the game overview in the lower corner of the page, it appears you should be taken to the archive automatically, since the car is nowhere to be found. But it does not tell how.

Thank you so much for taking time out of what must be a busy schedule to address our questions and concerns. The nice and talented folks at Big Fish customer service have already been notified and questioned about this issue, though I'd like to hear what your advice is, straight from the Brave Giant's mouth, as it were. Thanks again!!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 4, 17 11:08 AM
PE_JamesK wrote:At tge part where you receive an unknown case # card at the bungalow. The game does not let you interact with the tv, nor progress the the site of the archived trial records. Their is obviously an option to interact later with a color block hint on the tv in the bungalow. In the game overview in the lower corner of the page, it appears you should be taken to the archive automatically, since the car is nowhere to be found. But it does not tell how.

Thank you so much for taking time out of what must be a busy schedule to address our questions and concerns. The nice and talented folks at Big Fish customer service have already been notified and questioned about this issue, though I'd like to hear what your advice is, straight from the Brave Giant's mouth, as it were. Thanks again!!

Not Brave Giant but... can you zoom in on the TV at all? If not, then it probably is a glitch. I kept thinking I had to turn the TV on, but you don't need to. SPOILER FOLLOWS (highlight with your mouse to see): You need a cloth and paint remover to get the clue from the TV. Then look at the red stain on the front of the TV. After you finish in the bungalow, you need to leave through the back door. Then you'll have your chance to get the unknown case number card.

Edited on 07/04/2017 at 11:09:22 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jul 5, 17 2:40 PM
Hi and thanks for making this game. Please know that after completing the game, many of us like to get the collectibles we may have missed without re-playing the entire game. FYI, if I had known that this was not possible, I would not have purchased the game. Please consider this in future development. Thanks for your fine effort.

Edited on 07/05/2017 at 9:48:47 PM PST

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 5, 17 3:24 PM
burf90 wrote:
BorisDr wrote:
About the diaries and journals, most surveys on that problem show that the players don't use them anymore. But, we will try to implement the backup for it in the new games.

I'm not sure what surveys have been done, unless you mean beta testers. But I know that people on forums like this one and on surveys are always much more likely to complain about things they don't like than to write about how much they like something.

I love reading the journals. I also like to read background and/or trivia about characters or places in the games. I like conversations that carry the story forward, though they don't have to dominate the game. I am also one of the players that like "helpers" in games - the dragon, elf, cat, dog, etc. that you need to use to reach places your character can't go. You'll see lots of people post that they hate helpers, but again, if something annoys you, you're much more likely to post about it, than if you like something. BTW, that isn't a suggestion that you need to include helpers in your games. It's just to show that not everyone will avoid buying a game that has a helper, just because a game has one in it.

I like developers to make games that they themselves would enjoy playing, because I think it makes the game better when the developer is excited about it. So, if that means you want to include journals, helpers, conversations, cut-scenes, or whatever, then include them!

I'll second this beautifully written post. I agree completely with the sentiments above and usually enjoy playing games more when I feel that the developers put a lot of heart into the game. (Which I feel that Brave Giant does )

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jul 5, 17 4:39 PM
Hi, Boris. Loving this game! Pt's my new favorite. But I just can't figure out how to get the last star on the figures cracked skull. Without that I can't proceed. I tried video walkthroughs online but couldn't find it. Can you help me out please?

Thank you.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jul 6, 17 11:55 PM
pnk96722 wrote:Hi, Boris. Loving this game! Pt's my new favorite. But I just can't figure out how to get the last star on the figures cracked skull. Without that I can't proceed. I tried video walkthroughs online but couldn't find it. Can you help me out please?

Thank you.

Hi, pnk96722!

Check your private messages - we sent you one with one suggestion for the problem you encountered.

Happy Gaming!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 17, 17 9:57 AM
BorisDr:

First of all, I'd like to thank you for some of my favorite games, Spear of Destiny, Demon Hunter (all of them) Queen's Quest, Stories of Forgotten Past and End of Dawn. I have purchased all of these games previously, and it's obvious that you try to pay attention to detail. This detail shows in your games as well as the fact that you have taken the time to answer our questions and concerns. I have played and reviewed thousands of games, and I would really love a "no holds barred" creepy game, one that scares the pants off me! I'd even be willing to sign a waiver, if that's what it takes. Any possibilities of taking these games to the next level?

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jul 18, 17 5:35 AM
pennmom36 wrote:BorisDr:

First of all, I'd like to thank you for some of my favorite games, Spear of Destiny, Demon Hunter (all of them) Queen's Quest, Stories of Forgotten Past and End of Dawn. I have purchased all of these games previously, and it's obvious that you try to pay attention to detail. This detail shows in your games as well as the fact that you have taken the time to answer our questions and concerns. I have played and reviewed thousands of games, and I would really love a "no holds barred" creepy game, one that scares the pants off me! I'd even be willing to sign a waiver, if that's what it takes. Any possibilities of taking these games to the next level?

Hi, pennmom36!

Thank you for all the support! We are preparing several different types of games and a few of them we intend to make pretty scary. Keep an eye on our facebook and twitter page for the new demo's.

Happy gaming!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 25, 17 11:36 PM
Thank you so much for this unique game! It has been quite some time since I have found a game with mini-games and HOPs that don't feel like they are the same old things over and over. You included some mini-games in here that I have never seen before and thoroughly enjoyed! I especially enjoyed the information in the extras on the Polaroid photos! I could have had more of those! I did, however, like them even more when I thought they were true (Google proved me wrong). I liked the straight up murder mystery aspect of the story-line also, though I could have done without the mystical/ghost bonus portion, it seemed jarring in a story-line that had been pretty straight forward.

I do have a couple of complaints that perhaps you can work on for the next game. I also ran into the bullet casing examination issue. The game simply does not respond to the mouse click and drag, period. I experienced multitudes upon multitudes of spelling and grammatical errors, especially in the extras (as though the translators got too tired at the end). It didn't dramatically detract from my enjoyment of the game but there was at least one instance where it made mini-game instructions confusing. I also noticed that one of the tarot cards were mislabeled - Death was labeled as the Hierophant. Also, some of the tarot cards were missing descriptions and just had a repeat of their title, again, as though someone got very tired at the end. Lastly, and the most annoying, was that although I had 21 out of 22 achievements, the only one I was missing was the achievement for Earning all Achievements. How is that even possible? That's some Inception-like brain-twisting right there!

Thanks again for an enjoyable game!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 26, 17 6:17 PM
Wiljul, are you sure you got the achievement called "Collector"? From what I've found, you can only collect 9 out of 10 of the photos, so you can't get that achievement. Were you able to collect the one in the police archives? On the screen in the Extras where you can read about the crime photos, it's the middle photo on the top row that's missing. Or are you playing on a Mac, so you were able to install the update?

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Aug 28, 17 7:23 PM
I may be too late for you to see my post, but I was wondering why so many games made in your country have screws and nuts being screwed or unscrewed the opposite direction of how they should be. In the U.S. we screw or tighten clockwise, and unscrew or loosen counter-clockwise. Yet, I have seen many, many times that the screws and nuts in your games are turned clockwise when being unscrewed or loosened by a screwdriver or a wrench. Are screws and nuts made the opposite way in your country?

Edited on 08/28/2017 at 7:30:09 PM PST

[Post New]by elizabethhaywood on Feb 2, 18 11:39 PM
I bought this game as a collectors edition and it would seem that the bonus chapter is exactly the same as the end of the main game why is this please am very disappointed and feel ripped off.

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Apr 10, 18 1:17 AM
When is the PC update going to be released? I'd like to be able to get that collectible photo that was missing but got fixed so I can get the last 2 achievements.

Go to: