Countdown timers

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:Countdown timers

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 1, 17 7:10 AM
Speed up a HO scene's cool down period by 60 seconds

Seriously? We have to sit through an ad for something we're not interested in to get into an HOS 1 MINUTE earlier??
Wow. I feel sorry for anyone so impatient that they would consider that a good deal.

And 30 minutes off a 24-hour reset on the fortune wheel isn't much better.

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Jul 1, 17 7:33 AM
I'm with you Druid. I did two before I realized what the reward was. So totally not worth it. I hate to think how much time went into developing that concept. What I am curious about is why the didn't include pc and why not all iOS and android players. Anybody have any theories?

Flirtmd
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Flirtmd on Jul 1, 17 7:40 AM
Actually I kind of like this option. This game gives you the option to watch an ad for a reward as others just throw the ads out when you hit a timer or advance.

I tried one on a pet and watched a 15 second ad and it took 5 minutes off my timer.
Not sure I'll be doing that again soon but it might be nice when you are trying to complete a daily quest late in the day.

As for the comment about PC fairness ....
PC players get downloads first, often a week prior to iOS or android players. This is a significant advantage when playing events like Easter, Halloween and Christmas when they all end on the same day. I've gone through 2 Christmas events and still need 35 gifts for under the tree.

Edited on 07/01/2017 at 7:42:09 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 1, 17 7:51 AM
tennco wrote:I'm with you Druid. I did two before I realized what the reward was. So totally not worth it. I hate to think how much time went into developing that concept.
Agreed.

What I am curious about is why the didn't include pc and why not all iOS and android players. Anybody have any theories?

Maybe it has to do with pop-up blockers. There's a reason those exist, you know - everybody hates being interrupted from what they're concentrating on by pop-ups! I know I detest them.

I'm REALLY sorry to see this beloved game going down that path. Looks like this is another update I really don't want & won't choose to download for as long as possible. Shades of Jan. 20, 2016!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 1, 17 7:52 AM
Flirtmd wrote:

PC players get downloads first, often a week prior to iOS or android players. This is a significant advantage when playing events like Easter, Halloween and Christmas when they all end on the same day. I've gone through 2 Christmas events and still need 35 gifts for under the tree.

PC players get the downloads first because BF gets tired of waiting for approval from Apple, Amazon, and Google and figures SOMEBODY might as well get to play.

You will note that all 3 platforms got this update the same day.

As tennco posted, how much time was used to program rewards for some of the iOS and Android players? Time which could have been used to develop a new room or some new achievements, things that all players could have access to.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 1, 17 7:54 AM
Flirtmd wrote:
PC players get downloads first, often a week prior to iOS or android players. This is a significant advantage when playing events like Easter, Halloween and Christmas when they all end on the same day.

PC players ALWAYS have the advantage.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 1, 17 8:14 AM
Desertdruid wrote:
PC players ALWAYS have the advantage.

Tell that to the PC players of Gummy Drop.

Mobile players can complete hidden object scenes faster than PC players. They can use both hands and the 'hit box' is larger. Being able to complete more HO's per hour is a big advantage.

On the Midnight Castle Facebook page is an announcement for a new free-to-play game Cooking Craze. Available on iOS and Android. If and when PC players get it, it will like Gummy Drop, mobile players will have had the game for months, probably even a year, and there will be special limited time events just for mobile players.

As it states on their website "After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide".

Edited on 07/01/2017 at 8:16:16 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 1, 17 8:45 AM
We're not talking about silly games like GD & Cooking Craze. I want nothing to do with those games.
We're talking about MC where the advantage has ALWAYS gone to pc players. From events & updates starting days earlier to lower requirements in mini-events to BIG display screens to play on that make finding tiny objects so much easier. A HUGE advantage during tournaments.
As far as being able to play with both hands, I don't do that. I play with a stylus on a 4" screen. The "hit box" being bigger I haven't experienced, except when trying to collect flowers, I almost always open a ZZ I'm nowhere near. Yeah, big advantage. In HOS, I often have to tap an object 4 - 6 times before it picks up. Doesn't seem like an advantage to me.

So if you feel left out not getting commercials interrupting your game, play on your new iOS game. I think you'll find pc once again has the advantage by NOT getting them.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 1, 17 9:06 AM
Desertdruid wrote:
So if you feel left out not getting commercials interrupting your game, play on your new iOS game. I think you'll find pc once again has the advantage by NOT getting them.

So if YOU feel disadvantaged by playing on an iPhone, buy a PC and have all the advantages you perceive us as having.

And how having a larger screen is an advantage during tournaments escapes me. All platforms have their own tournaments. If you feel disadvantaged by your phone screen, it's the iPAD players who have the advantage over you.

Oh, and when tournaments return, will PC players get them 7 days a week, like the mobile players? Or once again, will PC players be given Monday as a day of rest? Or is that day of rest another 'advantage'?

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 1, 17 9:20 AM
iOS didn't have tournaments 7 days a week.
And I wasn't referring to head-to-head competition, just the general advantage of having bigger objects on a bigger screen. You're not telling me anything new that it's easier on an iPad than an iPhone - I'm well aware.

And I do have a pc. Just no internet. Nobody serves this area of open desert. That's why I play on an iPhone over a cellular connection. (Yet another advantage pc players have. Not having to use a cellular connection.)

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 1, 17 9:54 AM
Desertdruid wrote:iOS didn't have tournaments 7 days a week.
And I wasn't referring to head-to-head competition, just the general advantage of having bigger objects on a bigger screen. You're not telling me anything new that it's easier on an iPad than an iPhone - I'm well aware.

And I do have a pc. Just no internet. Nobody serves this area of open desert. That's why I play on an iPhone over a cellular connection. (Yet another advantage pc players have. Not having to use a cellular connection.)

iOS had tournaments on Mondays (days referenced in terms of what day it is in the US). No tournaments on Mondays for PC players. Once a week there was a period of over 24 hours without a PC tournament. Probably over 30 hours, maybe longer.

As for being able to use the internet rather than a cellular connection, iPAD players the same advantage. It's an issue of geography rather than what platform used.

I'm done with this thread. Hope iOS players get the same or smaller global goal as PC players in the next mini-event. AND that they manage to complete it before the PC players.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Jul 1, 17 10:38 AM
Each platform has their own advantage. Each player has their own reason for playing on a specific platform. In a totally fair world, we'd all have things equally. But since life isn't fair, all I can do is rejoice and be happy for those who might have an advantage that I don't have.

I do hope the requirements for the events is reduced for ipads & phone users. It would seem that those who play on pc's are able to play more than the other platforms. So even though the other platforms have more players, a good number are not able to play as much as pc players, and therefore, the burden of completing them falls on the shoulders of a lot fewer players.

When I feel grumpy on my lack of blessings, I try to focus on the blessings I have been given.

Go to: